Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Could we get a dog pet that isn't sick?

When I first saw the dog pets in WoW I was happy but then I saw them do this animation over and over:

Dogs do this when their anus itches and it usually has two main reasons and both mean they are sick. First is they are having worms and the other is they have an anal glands infection. This animation shows how the dog tries to scratch his butt. I think that is pretty disgusting and sad at the same time.
    I hope Blizzard will add a new dog pet that does not have this animation and others instead. How about a playful one:

Yes, it's a minor problem and some of you will reply "we have much more important problems in the game", but I still would like to have a puppy dog pet that does not smear (lava) feeces on the ground every few seconds.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-04-27 at 01:27 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed.

And also some more NORMAL pets please.. we've got enough corrupted, molten or fel pets and they stink!
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Uhm, dogs sometimes get an itch or poo stuck to their butt. This doesn't mean they are sick. I can understand you don't like this particular animation, but please, don't be overly melodramatic by claiming the dog is sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Uhm, dogs sometimes get an itch or poo stuck to their butt. This doesn't mean they are sick. I can understand you don't like this particular animation, but please, don't be overly melodramatic by claiming the dog is sick.
    I had two dogs and they never did that. It's not common for a clean and healthy dog and if a real dog would do that in that frequency and with so much trail left behind, it would definitly be sick.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-04-27 at 01:33 PM.

If you are pooping lava, try not to wish to clean every last bit of it off =p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I had two dogs and they never did that. It's not common for a clean and healthy dog and if a real dog would do that in that frequency and with so much trail left behind, it would definitly be sick.
    Well case closed, go home everyone.

sometimes i think you guys wake up thinking, "damn i need to find a reason to be retarded today and post it on MMOC"

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    sometimes i think you guys wake up thinking, "damn i need to find a reason to be retarded today and post it on MMOC"
    haha, the content drought is making peoples true insanity show through.

Deleted
    I'm sure you'll get attention from Blizzard and they'll change it while ignoring millions of actual serious topics.

their anus itches
    they have an anal glands infection.
    feeces on the ground
    disgusting and sad
    I just wanted to add value to this otherwise pretty uninteresting thread.

Imagine Eminem rapping that, or maybe growled in a Death Metal voice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    Agreed.

And also some more NORMAL pets please.. we've got enough corrupted, molten or fel pets and they stink!
    All in for this. Would really just like some normal pets, like dogs in the right size.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I had two dogs and they never did that.
    Good for you. I've had 6 dogs and they all did it at one time or another, without being sick.
    It's not common for a clean and healthy dog and if a real dog would do that in that frequency and with so much trail left behind, it would definitly be sick.
    With that frequency, no, that would not be good in real life. Luckily this is a game and the only reason they do it so often, is because their animation is on a loop.

I seriously hope you're trolling right now OP XD

This is such a minor thing that really should not bother any mentally stable person otherwise.

Deleted
    You do know it's not a real corgi, right?

Many dogs will scoot to actually express their anal sacs.

Also its not a real dog, the animators gave the pug a funny animation, that animation was used for this dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I just wanted to add value to this otherwise pretty uninteresting thread.

It's a Dethklok song waiting to happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Well, actually, anal glands become swollen for many reasons that don't indicate sickness (heck, even allergies will cause this). If it isn't treated, then it will become a sickness. But many, many dogs get swollen anal glands fairly frequently.

As for the animation, it is mildly amusing. I see no reason to change it...plenty of other pets you can get that don't do this if it really bothers you. I rarely went out of my way to get pets, but I'm pretty sure my account has several dozens of them.

Of all the things that Blizz needs to change, their weird sense of humor is not one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    All my dogs did that, and they were perfectly healthy.. So it does not have to be because of illness.

Let alone that requesting some change to something like that detail, you'd have to post in the official forums general chat.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Good for you. I've had 6 dogs and they all did it at one time or another, without being sick.
    Maybe their diet was wrong - then they get problems with their anal glands. Google yourself, this is the wrong place for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    The Lonely Island would probably do it. Considering their usual type of lyrics, it doesn't seem very unlike them