Page 45 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You've said that a few times now.
    It's obvious you never played vanilla though. Warlocks had one job... Well two on occasion.
    1: Make sure CoE was up so that the real damage dealers could do damage (mage durr).
    2: Tank thoes two bosses that needed a ranged tank (might have been more, I only face-tanked Twin Emps and 4 horse).

Oh yeah and you could spend hours befor evey raid farming your bags full of soul shards so every fucking raider had health boogers only to find out that you were short on shards becasue some asshole was late and could not make it through the 15 rogues that were ganking outside the raid so you had to summon him.

Warlock was a horrible class in every way and while you might have been able to do a bit of damage, if you did, you messed up your mages DPS and your raid lost out on raid DPS so it was just not worth it.

Warlocks sucked in vanilla. They really did.
    Warlock besides puting COE (lasts 5 mnts wow the time you loose puting this lol)coming to raid carried with shards or sharded the trash meanwhile geting to bosses was not a fuckin problem .

Shadow priest in raid = warlock dps fuckin boosted with my shadow vun combo .

Because we had to tank 1 boss and had to do summon and healthstones is bad class what fuckin logic is that hahah

Mages could beat warlocks thanks to the ignite debuff (buged because it stacked for one dude )

You have no fuckin clue about vanilla when you say warlock dps was bad .

Warrior fury could do insane damage like warlocks but threat was a really fuckin issue but thats why you raided with limite inv potions

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That's part of the reason.
    I was responding to someone that stated it wasn't part of it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you mean with "profiting" though, dosn't it?
    They got something out of it, no doubt.
    The rules state they cannot have any income with it either, doesn't matter if service or general profit.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I think quite a few played because it was free, but I think it's hard to answer the degree it swayed one way or the other. There are shitloads of servers, so Nostalrius becoming so big is a bit of an upset. If they just wanted to play for free, wasn't there better alternatives? Yeah, I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    Warlock besides puting COE (lasts 5 mnts wow the time you loose puting this lol)coming to raid carried with shards or sharded the trash meanwhile geting to bosses was not a fuckin problem .

Shadow priest in raid = warlock dps fuckin boosted with my shadow vun combo .

Because we had to tank 1 boss and had to do summon and healthstones is bad class what fuckin logic is that hahah

Mages could beat warlocks thanks to the ignite debuff (buged because it stacked for one dude )

You have no fuckin clue about vanilla when you say warlock dps was bad .

Warrior fury could do insane damage like warlocks but threat was a really fuckin issue but thats why you raided with limite inv potions
    It was a problem. You could not even shard the trash for quite a while as raid mobs gave no XP to stop boosting and crap like that . You hade to get thoes shards outside of the raid, befor you started. It could literally take hours just to get enough shards to start the raid.
    The spec you had to have in order to actually bring anything usefull to the raid made sure that your DPS was crap.

You, sir. Have no clue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Yeah, no, I don't care for your conspiracy theory. Stick to what we actually know, rather than horseshit speculation when evidence suggests the contrary.

- - - Updated - - -

...Having fun? Like I'm not sure you understand, but people have passion projects that may not make an awful lot of sense economically.
    Of course they have, but when their "passion projects" are based on stolen property it goes a little too far, don't you think?

Deleted
    The annoying thing about it is they wont reply about the situation for a long time so we are left arguing over legacy servers for another few months with no response from blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. So now we had a server with 800k of theise people regularly playing it.
    Howmany people do you think would've played if blizzard provided a similar service?

Definitely not anywhere halfway close to 800k. Speaking to the people from that place, the VAST majority would pay.
    If there'd be 30-50k people left that wouldnt.. well then that seems well worth it.

Of course they have, but when their "passion projects" are based on stolen property it goes a little too far, don't you think?
    Welcome to fanart, may I take your order?

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    [blizzquote]We wanted to let you know that we’ve been closely following the bla bla bla wall of boring shit
    Lots of WE and OUR in your post op.

Well I dont want any of this shitty backpeddling vanilla shit so ill speak for myself ok?
    Let go and move on.
    Blizz should concentrate of saving the current wow and not go back in time to something that wasnt fun to play once you broke out the honeymoon period.
    Hopefully this statement will be the last of it all and they basically ignore all your whiney asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    Okay. So now we had a server with 800k of theise people regularly playing it.
    Registered, not active. They had 150k active.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to fanart, may I take your order?
    Not really fanart to do a 100% copy of an old product.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    His point is that other people need to get their facts straight.
    His point seems more an attempt at trying to immediately discard opinions of others behind flimsy pretexts, actually.
    Though you seem to be on the same boat :
    And what does active actually mean?
    Three messages above =>
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka
    Which number goes magically up ?
    Because the "official" ones have always been the same : 12-16K concurrent players (depends if you count both server or just the first one), 150K active users (logged in the last 10 days), 800K accounts created.

I think quite a few played because it was free, but I think it's hard to answer the degree it swayed one way or the other. There are shitloads of servers, so Nostalrius becoming so big is a bit of an upset. If they just wanted to play for free, wasn't there better alternatives? Yeah, I think so.
    What sorts of alternatives?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    His point seems more an attempt at trying to immediately discard opinions of others behind flimsy pretexts, actually.
    Though you seem to be on the same boat :

Three messages above =>
    Not really. Its just funny how often I see those numbers quoted and how often they change, and are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not really fanart to do a 100% copy of an old product.
    Considering the only thing they "copied" was the server (which they had to guess most of it), its resemblance to the real thing is more like... 40% I'm guessing.

Deleted
    It was a problem. You could not even shard the trash for quite a while as raid mobs gave no XP to stop boosting and crap like that . You hade to get thoes shards outside of the raid, befor you started. It could literally take hours just to get enough shards to start the raid.
    The spec you had to have in order to actually bring anything usefull to the raid made sure that your DPS was crap.

You, sir. Have no clue.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay thanks for finally proving my point that you never played vanilla .

Scubus sacrifice build but wait you dont know whats vanilla warlock .

Couldnt shard on raids???

see a guy that says i couldnt shard on trash on raids i dont need no more argument you because you proved you never touched vanilla

What sorts of alternatives?
    a. Funservers.
    b. Modified servers.
    c. Servers that had entirely new gameplay added.
    d. Literally any of the other expansions.
    e. Variations of the above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Because isn't that what everyone does on these forums? Including yourself for the next 6 paragraphs of what you wrote? Everyone has a bias, it's literally like saying water is wet...like no shit.

And it isn't entirely "uninformed" since the majority still plays current WoW and not Vanilla. and of the Minority that play(or rather created an account) on Nostralius a LOT(note I never said all) do it BECAUSE of nostalgia.

Also once you started the usual "OMFG FACEBOOK GAME" bullshit rhetoric you guys often spew out, I completely disregard your opinion anyway.
    If you read what I wrote you'd see you're making a fool out of yourself saying I did the same thing as you. It has nothing to do with bias or opinion it has to do with feeling like you are entitled to push your opinion on others when you have no right doing so. My post is everything yours is not and vice versa.

Your opinion is uninformed, whether or not the majority still plays current WoW and not vanilla. I don't pretend to know why people enjoy sending their NPCs on garrison missions, or raiding PTR for 6 months before content comes out, or doing pet battles on their own, or queueing LFR, or doing shitty arena that's not even a shadow of what it once was. Stop pretending you know why others want Vanilla. Much in the same fashion I could say you're only still subbed because you have nothing better to do or because in you feel the need to continue playing because you have been doing so for x years even though most of you aren't even realistically having fun anymore. In my opinion the game is complete and utter shit and I have to think long and hard to come up with something that's still good about retail wow. This would be doing the same thing you did, albeit using a bit harsher terms. I just don't feel entitled to pass off my opinions as fact.

I briefly touched the facebook game argument because it is, unlike your self-proclaimed nostalgia omniscience, a valid point - I could've called it a mini game instead, the point being you are still alone. If that makes you disregard my opinion and the rest of my post you are clearly not worth my time and I obviously misjudged your intelligence. Thankfully my post was, as said, not aimed at you alone but at everyone else who thinks it's normal to tell people why they enjoy the things they do and imply they are wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2016-04-27 at 02:06 PM.

Deleted
    Do you guys think blizzard are going to respond further? they rareley speak to the community and we could be waiting months for them to speak further on the issue..

a. Funservers.
    b. Modified servers.
    c. Servers that had entirely new gameplay added.
    d. Literally any of the other expansions.
    e. Variations of the above.
    Of which all are free, right?

Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    Okay thanks for finally proving my point that you never played vanilla .

Scubus sacrifice build but wait you dont know whats vanilla warlock .

Couldnt shard on raids???

see a guy that says i couldnt shard on trash on raids i dont need no more argument you because you proved you never touched vanilla
    Whatever dude. You're like a broken record.
    Class balance was awesome in vanilla and warlocks were the kings.
    You happy now?

You're still clueless as heck but lets just end this befor you start tossing out more insults, shall we?