Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Can I build my own ship yet? D:
    No, but you do get a unique appearance per race, an onboard AI, and quests to upgrade the ship. It actually was a fantastic update. I totally forgot it wasn't 'released' and will be playing it anew. After a little time last night it seems like a great miprovement.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    No, but you do get a unique appearance per race, an onboard AI, and quests to upgrade the ship. It actually was a fantastic update. I totally forgot it wasn't 'released' and will be playing it anew. After a little time last night it seems like a great miprovement.
    ya but I wanna build a ship

I guess there's mods for that.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2015-01-30 at 05:47 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    ya but I wanna build a ship

I guess there's mods for that.
    You could build a static ship on an asteroid biome and then mine the rest of the ground away so it looks like its floating in space .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    You could build a static ship on an asteroid biome and then mine the rest of the ground away so it looks like its floating in space .
    Time to build a Death Star? Time to build a Death Star.

Damn, it deleted all my characters (and yes im running stable only)...

Check for signs of the Apocalypse, Starbound if finally releasing... Soon... ish...

http://steamcommunity.com/games/2118...72178194023310

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a great game and has been fun even since it first launched E.A., but about a year ago I told myself I would just not play until it officially released. They've added a ton of new features since then and it's crazy to think they are finally launching. I can't imagine they will get too many new sales considering so many people have bought it already, but more power to them.

Maybe they'll be able to get a console version ready after this like Terraria did. I would usually bad mouth a game in EA for this long, but it really has been a solid game for a long time, so I'll just have to laugh and be happy for them. I'll have a little Chuckle...with a fish.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Shit. It's finally happening... time to move into my bunker as the world around me crumbles!

Eh...not to piss in your wheaties, but move into that bunker when Chucklefish actually ships that game. I bought the pixel tier when it was announced in what 2013? When they were all bright eyed and optimistic about when the game would be completed. Let's just say, I've learned to manage my expectations of that company since then.
    Currently playing: GW, TORTANIC.
    Still visit: TSW, W*, GW2, Rift, LOTRO, ESO.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by catcommando View Post
    Eh...not to piss in your wheaties, but move into that bunker when Chucklefish actually ships that game. I bought the pixel tier when it was announced in what 2013? When they were all bright eyed and optimistic about when the game would be completed. Let's just say, I've learned to manage my expectations of that company since then.
    Somewhat agree. First game I ever backed and somewhat regretted it, although I'm looking forward to try it again. The devs confused 'procedural content' with 'interesting content' (something I think the no man's sky devs are also doing). That said, I haven't played in ages and I'm looking forward to seeing what they've improved.

I haven't played since...I think February, 2014 (Game came out December 2013). I wish they had an estimated month when it'd be ready.

:I

Maybe I should have another go at Starbound when it releases. I mainly played around the time it was released, but a while ago (like... 6month - 1year ago) I found some mods and tried those. Such as custom race and other stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, I'm in between games right now. I love this game.
    Do we have some patch notes?

Gah....

Ever since this news about starbound releasing soon, it has been stuck in my mind. I feel like I want to play it, but I fear, if I play now this version that I won't be interested anymore in the "real" version. NYYARGHH.

Hlep!HELEP! What should i do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    The game has had a ton of content for quite some time now. People criticize it for being in EA for so long, but it's always been a large game. I typically play it once a year for a couple of weeks, but once the release happens I'll settle down and play it to 'completion' like I did with Terraria.

If you legitimately have a fear of not wanting to play the release version, just wait. Nothing bad will happen if you wait, but you potentially will miss out on features if you don't wait.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Gah....

Ever since this news about starbound releasing soon, it has been stuck in my mind. I feel like I want to play it, but I fear, if I play now this version that I won't be interested anymore in the "real" version. NYYARGHH.

Agree with Kelimbror. Just wait. Step away from the reddits/forums/media. Go outta your mind or whatever you're inclined to do when they actually ship 1.0. Read on one of their twitter posts that they're in polish phase right now so I'd suggest playing something else. Really wish they'd announce it a couple weeks before they push things out to the unstable branch instead of last month. That is if they're going to bother do so?
    Currently playing: GW, TORTANIC.
    Still visit: TSW, W*, GW2, Rift, LOTRO, ESO.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catcommando View Post
    Agree with Kelimbror. Just wait. Step away from the reddits/forums/media. Go outta your mind or whatever you're inclined to do when they actually ship 1.0. Read on one of their twitter posts that they're in polish phase right now so I'd suggest playing something else. Really wish they'd announce it a couple weeks before they push things out to the unstable branch instead of last month. That is if they're going to bother do so?
    As a person who has not yet tried Starbound, would it be worth it trying it out now? Or should I wait till the official release of it?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    As a person who has not yet tried Starbound, would it be worth it trying it out now? Or should I wait till the official release of it?
    Doesn't really matter tbh, so the same response I gave before applies here. If you're afraid you won't want to play the new stuff, then wait. Adding a lot of quests and cool things to fill in gaps. Right now the game still has that Terraria esque progression, but not so focused on bosses and actual definable plateaus. More explorational than Terraria, so if that's your thing then go for it.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't really matter tbh, so the same response I gave before applies here. If you're afraid you won't want to play the new stuff, then wait. Adding a lot of quests and cool things to fill in gaps. Right now the game still has that Terraria esque progression, but not so focused on bosses and actual definable plateaus. More explorational than Terraria, so if that's your thing then go for it.
    Sweet! For now, I just want to get used to the mechanics of the game. Nothing progression wise, just basic usage. That way when 1.0 drops, I can jump in and already know the controls, and basic game mechanics.

I purchased the game on Steam today, and will likely be installing and playing a little bit tonight, just to get a taste of it. All the while, getting hyped up by listening to the sound track = )

- - - Updated - - -

On my lunch break, I watched a short 'Let's Play' of the game. I am pretty damn stoked to get my hands on this. All the familiar feel of Terraria, both with cooler environments, and enemies and a more expansive list of crafting items. Can not wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a gem, like I said...a lot of people have been overly critical since it's been in EA for soooo long. But really, it's been an enjoyable game since the first second it was for sale. First major patch provided enough content to justify the cost, so really it's not like people haven't gotten their money's worth. It's just grown into such a solid game, but I guess it's a current trend to bash games in EA b/c so many bad ones get stuck in dev hell there.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a gem, like I said...a lot of people have been overly critical since it's been in EA for soooo long. But really, it's been an enjoyable game since the first second it was for sale. First major patch provided enough content to justify the cost, so really it's not like people haven't gotten their money's worth. It's just grown into such a solid game, but I guess it's a current trend to bash games in EA b/c so many bad ones get stuck in dev hell there.
    For $15? I can't see why people would complain. I would pay that much for the sound track alone. 38 tracks on the sound track. My bands EP is only 4 songs, and we charge $5. So if you consider that all 38 tracks are in the game, that is a $47.50 sound track included in the game, that you buy for $15.

I know that is not the way Video Games are priced, but we really do get insane amounts of work put into games, that we get at an insanely cheap price when you break it all down.

- - - Updated - - -

All in all, it was a good choice to buy the game. I spent all of last night playing, and didn't even get off the starter planet. I got close though, lol. Got my ship repaired, and just need to get the FTL drive up and running, then off to adventure!