Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.vox.com/2016/4/26/1149020...morbidly-obese

This crisis has no end. It's time to look into extreme measures.
    The horrible result of demonizing fats and substituting heavily refined carbs. The generation of dietary "scientists" (use the term loosely because their bias massively overrode good science techniques) that caused this problem are starting to go away, and the current generation is starting to understand the mistakes. Unfortunately, it will probably take another couple of decades to educate people that what they were taught in the 80s and 90s and 2000s was actually wrong, and it will be an uphill battle against a food industry that loves the massive profits they get from selling their variations of heavily processed carbs.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...ig-john-yudkin

Well, if you're ordering food all the time, eating at any of the fast food restaurants and don't walk like 7+miles per day, there's a high chance you'll be fat.

I know I heard it takes 2-3 hours sometimes to get home if you live in New York.
    I can't imagine what it's like having to travel 2-3h to and off work. It takes me 45mins walking to get home from work.

No wonder people eat at fast food. There's no bloody time for anything else! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    You've never had taco pizza?
    I have, but never at school, and Mr Ghatties is the only place I know that makes it

Deleted
    http://www.vox.com/2016/4/26/1149020...morbidly-obese

This crisis has no end. It's time to look into extreme measures.
    Why the fuck did they use BMI? BMI is bogus.
    Sure kids are overweight, but if you don't wanna look like a fool, stop using BMI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Stuffing your face with hot salted grease and washing it down with corn syrup is an american freedom (it's somewhere in the constitution i believe). You can never take that away from them.
    It's an illusion of freedom.

Support healthy living and encourage it, and people will choose it. But there's powerful people that don't want it that way, so it stays like it is and is called "freedom".

Something tells me if an average person from USA calculated daily calorie intake, it would be like 3000+. at least.

Anyone from there wanna help with this? Get few numbers and whatnot.

I mean, I'm 5'11", about 170 (I have like 5 pounds too much for my taste) and I need 2000k at most. And that's with walking 45min every day from work.
    I'm pretty sure my whole day is someone's meal in USA

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I used to volunteer at my son's school fairly frequently, and one time we had a dentist or a dental assistant come in and they asked the kids a couple of questions. When asked if they drank water at home, only a few kids raised their hands. The rest said they drank soft drinks and juice. Only a couple raised their hands if they ate vegetables often at home, but everyone had some kind of ice cream or candy at home. Couple that with the availability of video games, television and many kids not having much interaction with their parents, and you get inactive and fat kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick, punish the citizens! Shame the fat people! Raise their healthcare costs! Tax their wages! But for the love of God, don't you dare lay a finger on those corporations who sell that high-carb, high-salt, high-fat food specifically aimed at the poor! DONT. YOU. DARE.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    I used to volunteer at my son's school fairly frequently, and one time we had a dentist or a dental assistant come in and they asked the kids a couple of questions. When asked if they drank water at home, only a few kids raised their hands. The rest said they drank soft drinks and juice. Only a couple raised their hands if they ate vegetables often at home, but everyone had some kind of ice cream or candy at home. Couple that with the availability of video games, television and many kids not having much interaction with their parents, and you get inactive and fat kids.
    This.

Just as an example:

0.33 Litres of Coca Cola has 39g of sugar. 39!
    Pretty sure you're over the daily take or close to it.

I'm also pretty sure some of the kids drink 1-2 litres per day.
    And that's only Coca cola example.

Need I say more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Well, look at this, the day he comes back a thread on rape, another on obesity and lastly on Canada. Do a few more and you should get your ban in no time
    Are you going to contribute to the topic or just derail? Why is this even allowed.

Are you going to contribute to the topic or just derail? Why is this even allowed.
    Why are posts like yours allowed? Oh wait, they're usually not. I'm giving you maybe a day before you're banned again.

Deleted
    Please ban this retard again fast.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Annoying; 2016-04-27 at 04:12 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since the source is vox (who incredibly exaggerated and misled in their gun crime statistics) I doubt the issue is quite as bad as they claim. However, it's still a noticeable issue. One could argue that allowing your child to consume enough food to become obese is child abuse. But one could also argue that raising them as a homosexual-hating Christian is also child abuse. So it's not exactly an easy issue to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    Something tells me if an average person from USA calculated daily calorie intake, it would be like 3000+. at least.

Anyone from there wanna help with this? Get few numbers and whatnot.

I mean, I'm 5'11", about 170 (I have like 5 pounds too much for my taste) and I need 2000k at most. And that's with walking 45min every day from work.
    I'm pretty sure my whole day is someone's meal in USA
    3000 is more than fine if you're active, you can't just look at calorie intake

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Quick, punish the citizens! Shame the fat people! Raise their healthcare costs! Tax their wages! But for the love of God, don't you dare lay a finger on those corporations who sell that high-carb, high-salt, high-fat food specifically aimed at the poor! DONT. YOU. DARE.
    we should sue alcohol distributors too for supplying people the means to get drunk and to drink and drive. It's always the corporations fault and not personal responsibility.

Why can't we just let fat people be fat? As long as we dont have to pay more in taxes to support their lifestyle or suffer ourselves (i. e. being stuck between two fat people on an airplane) let them live how they want. Smokers know their life choices are unhealthy and they still do it. This is somewhat similar. Just teach the kids that living on soda and fast food leads to high medical bills and a shorter lifespan.

+1 banning Tennisface again. We don't need fat people or canada spam in MMO-C

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    +1 banning Tennisface again. We don't need fat people or canada spam in MMO-C
    It's like he doesn't learn from being banned or something. You'd think that getting a slap on the wrist would be like 'whoa, hey, okay I need to stop that'.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    No it has to do with simply eating and drinking too much. Calories in calories out buddy.

Fats and oils have far more calories than most things, which is where the stigma develops, but a lot of people get a shit ton of empty calories... They drink several cans of normal soda a day, hundreds of calories from something of zero nutritional value.

Then the big problem with us is that a lot of us suck with portion control/self-control... Instead of eating a cheeseburger for dinner they eat three of them... Instead of eating a slice or two of pizza they eat an entire pizza.

Its not even about eating healthy or avoiding certain things... If you consume less calories than you burn, you will not gain weight, its that simple. Sure if all you eat are candy and potato chips, even if you don't gain any weight, other bad shit is going to happen to you... But the problem in the US is that we just eat and drink so much, not that we eat the wrong things.
    The issue is the amount of carbs that are consumed. Carbs trick the brain into thinking you are hungry. Numerous studies have shown that Carbohydrates are extremely addictive. Our bodies are more efficient if we use fat as a energy source instead of carbs. So you eat a Cheeseburger and fries and a coke, or a Pizza, or spaghetti. Not long after you feel hungry again. So you eat more carbs. The energy carbs provide is very short lived. Thats why you must consume mor and more to feel energized. But energy created by fat, lasts much longer, so you do not eat any where near as much, and you in turn consume fewer calories.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    The horrible result of demonizing fats and substituting heavily refined carbs. The generation of dietary "scientists" (use the term loosely because their bias massively overrode good science techniques) that caused this problem are starting to go away, and the current generation is starting to understand the mistakes. Unfortunately, it will probably take another couple of decades to educate people that what they were taught in the 80s and 90s and 2000s was actually wrong, and it will be an uphill battle against a food industry that loves the massive profits they get from selling their variations of heavily processed carbs.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...ig-john-yudkin
    Yep , and the scientific studies that show that fats are healthy and how terrible the carbs really are are out there. Even the AmericanDiabetes association recomended intake of Carbs for a type 2 diabetic is something like 75grams a meal. It will only keep you on your meds.

I have been on a Lowcarb high fat diet now for a few years and my Doctors were forced to take me off my Diabetes meds and my BP meds.
    I have more energy now then I did when I was in my 20s.

Deleted
    Is it really as bad they say it is? Any statistics plus pictures? Anything to be done?

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not their fault. It's the foods fault.

Never blame them.

You might hurt feelings.

Precious, precious feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I see Tennisace is back and on form
    Yup, I immediately knew this was a tennisarse thread .