Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Pretty much the right-wing thinking right there. "If you don't like it then leave". They're terrified of change.
    Lefties insulting lefties and you still find a way to insult the right. Glad you have your priorities in order. BASH THOSE THAT DISAGREE!
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Lefties insulting lefties and you still find a way to insult the right. Glad you have your priorities in order. BASH THOSE THAT DISAGREE!
    Don't think it's bashing if "If you don't like it then leave" is a regular rhetoric that conservatives like to use.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Don't think it's bashing if "If you don't like it then leave" is a regular rhetoric that conservatives like to use.
    That's not just conservatives who say that though. Plenty of people say that, regardless of their political affiliation.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    That's not just conservatives who say that though. Plenty of people say that, regardless of their political affiliation.
    True, and it's probably confirmation bias on my side, but I see it far more frequently coming from people on the right. Even this very thread is "I don't like your opinion so don't vote", which is essentially the same as telling someone to just move if they want to see their political opinions come to fruition.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I find that rhetoric pretty hilarious tbh. In the 70's when they did not like how the system was set up did they leave? Hell no. They voted in Reagan to change it. So why are they offering up advice they never took themselves?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    This is correct. There is a lot of truth to the narrative that the Democrats have left white working class voters behind, but Sanders actually ATTRACTS those people. A lot of white working class people are Republican not because they are conservative, but because Democrats can be very abrasive and hostile towards working class whites. There is a lot of denial on the left about this issue, and it is going to start costing them.
    I cannot recall were I read it but I do think that American politics is destined to become overtly racially divided with the political parties becoming essentially ethnic representatives.

I suspect after the Hillary camp angers working class whites, millennials (Especially white ones) and others, they will likely drift towards the republicans, at some later date the Republicans will be solely the party of the white vote. Democrats entirely the black vote, leaving Latinos in a weird naether realm.

Disaffection and resentment will kill the Democrats big chance. As the millennials were triumphed as the final victory, the inevitable demographic time bomb that would ensure that the Democrats would always have a natural advantage. I think with this primary season, we will likely have a eroding of that support completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I got popcorn
    give it back!

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    This is different from passionate supporters of any candidate how?

So voting is not for strong supporters of:
    - Marco Rubio
    - Ben Carson
    - Jeb Bush
    - Jim Gilmore
    - Chris Christie
    - Carly Fiorina
    - Rick Santorum
    - Mike Huckabee
    - Bernie Sanders
    - Ted Cruz (probably)
    - John Kasich (very likely)

So...most people just shouldn't vote?
    I think the point went over your head as what he's saying is the Sanders supporters can't seem to take the loss(Cruz himself is similar, but not as much as Sander's supporters vs Cruz supporters). The Sanders crew keeps making excuse after excuse and then claiming all this nonsense about why he didn't really lose so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    What good is a Democrat in office if it's just another corporate shill?

If her policies don't align with the Left, having a D in her name doesn't automatically make her better.
    And yet no one can point to an actual policy decision of hers that is because of corporate donations. She is to the left of Obama on platform and rhetoric. She would be the most liberal president in more than 60 years and yet all I hear from Sanders supporters is how she is indistinguishable from the right. Your statements don't reflect reality.

they are free to have those opinions, especially given how utterly awful Clinton and Trump are. as for the voting aspect I'll vote for Sanders in the primary, but I'm not going to bother voting in the general. yea know, being in a heavy blue state that will go to a Dem regardless.

Deleted
    Ah well, every generation has an election that thy care about when theyre young.
    Then they find out it's all pointless and they will never care for it again.

The best advice I ever got is that things aren't going to change in general so you better make sure you get the best out your life in the current system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    And yet no one can point to an actual policy decision of hers that is because of corporate donations. She is to the left of Obama on platform and rhetoric. She would be the most liberal president in more than 60 years and yet all I hear from Sanders supporters is how she is indistinguishable from the right. Your statements don't reflect reality.
    And that would acteally be believable is she was not backed by the big corps, who have no interest in left-wing economics.
    In west/north Europa she would never be seen as a left-winger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Ah well, every generation has an election that thy care about when theyre young.
    Then they find out it's all pointless and they will never care for it again.

The best advice I ever got is that things aren't going to change in general so you better make sure you get the best out your life in the current system.
    Things can change, depending on what party is in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    This is why we have to work hard on making sure we elect true progressive and not blue dog democrats that failed to give us true public healthcare back in 2010
    We....lol.

You're not even American.

*looks at VA* yeah, let's not do public healthcare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the "drumpf" meme isn't funny.

what pisses me off, if that sanders is the same, or better than clinton claims to be on EVERY issue. but people don't vote for him, even though he's actually trustworthy, while clinton's entire political career is self serving lying and warmongering.
    Because of people like the OP being the laxative for the shit storm of our political system. People should vote for who ever they like more, even writing them in or voting third party. The idea that people should vote Hillary because she has a better chance of winning is the big problem with out system. Vote for him regardless, he might lose now, but it creates justification for parties to change if they lose because a candidate receives a substantial groundswell.

It's why both democrats and republicans demonize third party voting, to the point most people don't consider them even being on the ballot. See what happen to Perot or Nader... The argument that you should vote for the lesser of two evils, that is most likely to win, is feeding the system. Not voting at all, is laziness supporting both parties, not some sort of protest that reinforces what you protest against.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    He havnt lost and really the mission is on hillary to win over the left when election comes not our fault that a lot of people will not be voting in november when the choice is between two bad candidates for the country
    Vote for the corporate shill, the narcissist billionaire or the dominionist theocrat! YAY DEMOCRACY!!!
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    We....lol.

You're not even American.

*looks at VA* yeah, let's not do public healthcare.
    The issue with VA is that it's not coverage for all. You end up with politicians bringing it up during election season to garner support on the sympathy towards veterans, then the public continues to forget about it during off election years. The big issue with VA, Medicare and Medicaid, is that the cost balance of healthy individuals is the sole property of insurance companies. You end up with most expansive care, without the same ability as insurance companies, to mitigate cost in contracts due to a pool of low risk clients.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Vote for the corporate shill, the narcissist billionaire or the dominionist theocrat! YAY DEMOCRACY!!!
    Don't forget to wave your American flag around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Don't forget to wave your American flag around.
    which candidate did you support?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The issue with VA is that it's not coverage for all. You end up with politicians bringing it up during election season to garner support on the sympathy towards veterans, then the public continues to forget about it during off election years. The big issue with VA, Medicare and Medicaid, is that the cost balance of healthy individuals is the sole property of insurance companies. You end up with most expansive care, without the same ability as insurance companies, to mitigate cost in contracts due to a pool of low risk clients.
    Interesting thought, I'll take that into consideration

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry we missed this thread. Please keep discussion in the megathread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-Sanders-2016