View Poll Results: What do you think Look Good or Look Bad?

Voters
26. This poll is closed
  • Looks Good, I'm going to try to watch it.

21 80.77%
  • Looks Bad, I am going to pass.

5 19.23%

Thread: [TV] Lucifer

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    I would wager that Chloe is Lucy's "mum" or somehow possessed by it atleast without her knowing, would explain how she's the only one who can damage Lucy or make him vulnerable being near him
    Well that would certainly complete an Oedipus complex. He already has a rivalry with his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    I would wager that Chloe is Lucy's "mum" or somehow possessed by it atleast without her knowing, would explain how she's the only one who can damage Lucy or make him vulnerable being near him
    Mother only escaped when Amendiel was incapacitated. Even while he was messing with Luci, he still maintained the Gates until getting stabbed by the knife.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I enjoyed the first season of this. The second season has been pretty dull so far. There has been pretty much zero supernatural elements. Hopefully tonight's episode will be better.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    I enjoyed the first season of this. The second season has been pretty dull so far. There has been pretty much zero supernatural elements. Hopefully tonight's episode will be better.
    I enjoyed it but I kind of like the whole goofy aspect of the show. Last night's episode was very serious which I'm not sure I like. Looks like next weeks will be more of the same.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    I didn't mind the fact that the character of Lucifer himself had such a different feel than the one in the comics, or that the show is basically a YABP (Yet Another Boring Procedural), but this whole "heavenly family reunion" BS is starting to get way too soapy. Also, whenever the show breaks from the procedural into something supernatural, it goes way too much towards real life religion rather than drawing inspiration from the comics.

Tom Ellis is way too cool of an actor to give up on the show though, but it's definitely not doing right by the comics that's for sure. It's plummeting in the ratings and viewerships though, so I'm thinking there might not be a season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I didn't mind the fact that the character of Lucifer himself had such a different feel than the one in the comics, or that the show is basically a YABP (Yet Another Boring Procedural), but this whole "heavenly family reunion" BS is starting to get way too soapy. Also, whenever the show breaks from the procedural into something supernatural, it goes way too much towards real life religion rather than drawing inspiration from the comics.

Tom Ellis is way too cool of an actor to give up on the show though, but it's definitely not doing right by the comics that's for sure. It's plummeting in the ratings and viewerships though, so I'm thinking there might not be a season 3.
    It's entirely possible it may not get a 3rd season, the ratings have been steadily dropping. There isn't much information out there about how many episodes were picked up for this season, as of now there is knowledge of 13 episodes, which is a rather small amount. But perhaps Fox isn't expecting a lot for this show, or they could be playing it cautiously. If the numbers level out or go up we may get more, or perhaps this was meant to be a limited season in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still loving the show but not much is really happening. Tom Ellis is amazing and that BSG song was so good, I wish they'd stop playing out the "will she find out he's the 'devil'".

I can understand why people might not like the show but I find each episode really entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I enjoyed it but I kind of like the whole goofy aspect of the show. Last night's episode was very serious which I'm not sure I like. Looks like next weeks will be more of the same.
    It lacks the urgency the first season built up and is less fun. It was a turn off to see Luc bro down with Detective Douche.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    It's entirely possible it may not get a 3rd season, the ratings have been steadily dropping. There isn't much information out there about how many episodes were picked up for this season, as of now there is knowledge of 13 episodes, which is a rather small amount. But perhaps Fox isn't expecting a lot for this show, or they could be playing it cautiously. If the numbers level out or go up we may get more, or perhaps this was meant to be a limited season in the first place.
    It's like the mother is just hanging out because they have no plot or direction for the show.

I found it kinda adorable when Luci and Dan actualy found something in common and kept fanboying over those actors. there is definitely something going on with mother, given that smile of hers in a direction of dear old dad in the sky and allegations Uriel made. I'm enjoying second season even more than the first, personaly.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I found it kinda adorable when Luci and Dan actualy found something in common and kept fanboying over those actors. there is definitely something going on with mother, given that smile of hers in a direction of dear old dad in the sky and allegations Uriel made. I'm enjoying second season even more than the first, personaly.
    Yeah I'm guessing he's going to have to knife his mother eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Yeah I'm guessing he's going to have to knife his mother eventually.
    I'd rather he knives his dear old dad, goes all saint of killers on him. I know, wrong comic book/TV show, but still

Wonder if they will ever go into why he has no effect on her, maybe a blood line descendant of Jesus, a nephilim etc. Shes definitely not human, shes more than that.

He has no effect on Chloe because she's a truly good, uncorrupted person, imo.

I first thought it was because he had a crush on her, but it was the same since episode 1.

Yeah, I think his main interest in her is BECAUSE she resisted his Whatchawant Gaze, plus it's established as proximity based, not on his perception.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Wonder if they will ever go into why he has no effect on her, maybe a blood line descendant of Jesus, a nephilim etc. Shes definitely not human, shes more than that.
    Well, if she's in any way "made by God", as in a descendant of Jesus, a child of an angel or something like that, then she's basically related to Lucifer, and incest will ensue, I guess. Or, sister vibes throughout the entire show.

Point being, it would sort of put an end to the whole "will they won't they" between Lucifer and Chloe.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-10-29 at 11:13 AM.

Well, if she's in any way "made by God", as in a descendant of Jesus, a child of an angel or something like that, then she's basically related to Lucifer, and incest will ensue, I guess. Or, sister vibes throughout the entire show.

Point being, it would sort of put an end to the whole "will they won't they" between Lucifer and Chloe.
    I think it shall always be won't, they don't seem as fixated on that anymore.

incest between siblings is pretty common in religion when it comes to supernatural peoples.

if anything i think it would put them closer together.

ive enjoyed this season alot more than the first season and the soundtrack remains amazing.

as for a season 3? id say lucifer is pretty much a lock for renewal considering demo wise its held onto its 18-49 demo. overall its gone down a bit but thats remained pretty steady and at the end of the day thats what matters most. especially when you consider ratings are down as a whole at fox and theyve already got three dead walking shows as is with rosewood, scream queens and the exorcist. all three of those shows arent just down in the ratings but flailing in their demo as well. Rosewood, The Exorcist and Scream Queens are currently the three lowest-rated dramas on the big four. That's rough! Even for Fox, it spells certain cancellation. lucifer will survive if for nothing else but because fox has nothing else to put on

for lucifer to not get renewed there would have to be more shows doing better than it is or have a much bigger dropoff and outside of empire fox is doing shit in the ratings and if it gets renewed for season 3 then its automatically going to get renewed for season 4 because of syndication. it most likely wont get a season 5 unless fox continues to do complete shit.

expect to see lots of new shows from fox next year as they attempt to clean house. but lucifer should be safe. for now.
    so i wouldnt worry about it.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/ren...to-see-coming/

the only thing thats really against lucifer is the fact that its a warner bros production and not an in house show so its slightly more expensive then others
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i
    as for a season 3? id say lucifer is pretty much a lock for renewal considering demo wise its held onto its 18-49 demo. overall its gone down a bit but thats remained pretty steady and at the end of the day thats what matters most. especially when you consider ratings are down as a whole at fox and theyve already got three dead walking shows as is with rosewood, scream queens and the exorcist. all three of those shows arent just down in the ratings but flailing in their demo as well. Rosewood, The Exorcist and Scream Queens are currently the three lowest-rated dramas on the big four. That's rough! Even for Fox, it spells certain cancellation. lucifer will survive if for nothing else but because fox has nothing else to put on

for lucifer to not get renewed there would have to be more shows doing better than it is or have a much bigger dropoff and outside of empire fox is doing shit in the ratings and if it gets renewed for season 3 then its automatically going to get renewed for season 4 because of syndication. it most likely wont get a season 5 unless fox continues to do complete shit.
    The Mindy Project got cancelled after season 3.

Weren't they trying to bring back shows like The Following, Sleepy Hollow, and Prison Break? I didn't like these 3.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    The Mindy Project got cancelled after season 3.

Weren't they trying to bring back shows like The Following, Sleepy Hollow, and Prison Break? I didn't like these 3.
    yeah. that was one of the rare cases where renewing it for a 4th season wouldnt have given it enough for syndication.

for half hour shows you need 88 episodes. but the majority of the time 4 seasons is enough
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account