Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    is there any other first world country where this is necessary even imaginable? I think not.
    The US has a demographic issue that routinely causes problems inside and outside of the classroom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yeah if you take away guns the US will stop being violent /s
    Gun control is not really designed to lower violence, it is for reducing lethality of violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    The US has a demographic issue that routinely causes problems inside and outside of the classroom.
    You say this so vaguely as if that hides the racism.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    ...Tougher gun control laws?

It's farcical to claim that gun control laws "don't work" when every other developed country in the world has both stronger gun control laws and less gun violence than the United States.

You know what that means? That the US is doing something wrong in how it treats gun control.
    Or the US has a demographic problem arising from a certain segment of the population that Europe (until recently) doesn't have.

7+ Year Old Account
    I remember a few students of a trying to get a beloved teacher fired because she failed them. They claimed it was "racism".

Maybe it was due to the fact they always screwed around in class and likely never studied.

Naw, racism dawg.

Add to that the fact that you also have desperate nolifes who decide to go down in a blaze of mass shooting glory and the nation plasters their face and name everywhere for the history books. Culture of encouragement problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Aren't most school shooters white though?

7+ Year Old Account
    Is it not true though? Especially when the ones who go against popular culture trends are looked down upon and insulted as "acting white"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Is it not true though? Especially when the ones who go against popular culture trends are looked down upon and insulted as "acting white"?
    It sure as hell wasn't true in my school. Nor among pretty much every non-white person I know. Painting everyone who isn't white with the same brush is as big a problem as the behavior you accuse them of, because it excludes the people from the rest of society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    The scenarios in which they increase the effectiveness of the shooter are non applicable to street crime and mass shootings.
    So is it just a coincidence that rifles with these characteristics are used in the majority of mass casualty shooting events? Despite the fact that handguns are used in the vast majority of firearm homicides?

Doesn't add up.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    More than just mass shootings at schools. The mass shootings though, there are various factors that cause these and one of the most significant is the unintended validation they receive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I don't know. I don't tend to immediately jump to conclusions that a particular problem must be because of race, so I don't look for it to confirm my biases in news stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Minor comfort improvements don't make people more effective, at least not by any measurable degree, it's insignificant...
    Then why do all, literally all, elite military forces use these items?

Do some research, stop being ignorant.
    You're the one that claim these items were cosmetic, then walked it back to a "comfort factor".
    Eat yo vegetables

7+ Year Old Account
    It sure as hell wasn't true in my school. Nor among pretty much every non-white person I know. Painting everyone who isn't white with the same brush is as big a problem as the behavior you accuse them of, because it excludes the people from the rest of society.
    Oh no, I forgot this is 2016 and we must be all inclusive.

I think certain groups need to get their shit together.

There is a problem with how certain folks are raised that needs to be addressed. We need not conform and accept the troublemakers, they need to be made into respectful and productive members of society.

This culture also leads to trouble with the law and other things. It would be for the benefit of everybody if we could fix such a broken culture.

That's merely the media; in my neck of the woods, we have them on a monthly or weekly basis (at least a variation of an active shooting or an individual attempting to do so), so to answer your query, no, most of the shooters aren't white.

P.S. In rural areas, it's normal for the student population to bring them onto campus (however, there was a major shift away from this practice after the Colorado shootings).
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2016-04-27 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post

You're the one that claim these items were cosmetic, then walked it back to a "comfort factor".
    They, literally all, use because comfort, already said that.

They are cosmetic in terms of the danger they pose, literally what I said from the beginning, learn to read.

You have clearly never handled any firearms in your life, or you wouldn't think these things actually make any difference.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-04-27 at 03:50 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I don't know. I don't tend to immediately jump to conclusions that a particular problem must be because of race, so I don't look for it to confirm my biases in news stories.
    I always thought that school shooters were typically white males, so in a thread about armed guards in schools laying the blame on black people seemed a bit odd.

But then they said...

Or the US has a demographic problem arising from a certain segment of the population that Europe (until recently) doesn't have.
    So I am guessing they were not talking about white males, as we have had those for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post

Yes you play COD, we get it. Bottom line these are not fully automatic they are not assault rifles.

Only logical, with all those high zombie people wandering around, you'll need the firepower to put'em down.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Because a pistol is likely to be more than enough armament already in 99.99% of situations, but it doesn't lead to the normalization of a militarized police state culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Kind of like trying to ban guns is a reactive solution?
    What do you think would work better to stop school shootings, armed security guards or tougher gun control laws?
    Excessively armed security guards does lead to the "normalization of a militarized police state culture," which leads to the general thought that guns are normal, owning a gun is normal, thus using a gun is normal. When we want to move away from that image.

And Security Guards won't "stop" school shootings, they end them faster. But I haven't yet witnessed a school shooting where the shooter had any intention of getting away with it. That kinda fatalism is only stopped preemptively. So I guess you could say that guards stop massacres, but there will still be shootings and killings.

But universally tougher gun control laws is a statement on culture, and the direction we want it to take. Ultimately I think we can all agree that we would prefer less guns on the streets, less fatal crime, and an overall safer Country. I understand navigating to that inside the current reality is difficult...but the way some talk about guns, it's only a step away from a Wild West where everyone is armed all the time and disputes are settled before any Police have a chance to respond.

Some time ago America stopped dreaming about what the world could/should be, and became way more focused on fearing what it might be. And I think that fear is turning into a self perpetuating prophecy.