Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    So WoD has the added complexity of balancing your DS vs a limit and that's a bad thing? that you can't munchkin your way through an encounter? Even this is considered simple without Breath play (removed in legion) but you think it needs to be simpler? This is why you are largely considered a troll in the DK forums.

Once again, bringing up examples of TUNING is irrelevant. Imagine if we had the tuning of Paladins in HFC? Every DS would count for progress pretty much.
    This isn't complexity, it is an internal conflict in design. WoD had damage/survival both built into same ability which caused these issues. Before Blood Boil nerfs intention was to BB and generate Scent of blood charges with higher DMG per rune and get a huge/beefy Death Strike, I think this was a healthy design. After the nerfs, DS spam became the dominant approach in single target. Wanna know why? Because DS timing was only valid when you didn't have/had low amount of absorbs on you.

You are confusing clarity with simplicity. To be able to make a healthy but complex gameplay you need to provide players the headroom. WoD has 0 headroom. Literally 0. It forces you to press buttons, no choice, just following a meaningless clunky pattern.

Breath play is complex? Excuse me but please enlighten me what is so complex about pooling RP and Blood Charges with primary runes idle to have more RP on later? AMS soaking, woooooaaah soo muuuch chaallenge!

DK forums have base who cannot grasp the impact of being locked for 4-5 GCD to perform a single talent and overcapping your runic power in process, rendering the 1 rune benefit of given talent's to the ashes. They can keep assuming whether I am a troll or not to the end of the world.

--

This isn't a tuning issue that we are talking here, it is the core approach to the spec mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by nathrizarri View Post
    Breath play is complex? Excuse me but please enlighten me what is so complex about pooling RP and Blood Charges with primary runes idle to have more RP on later? AMS soaking, woooooaaah soo muuuch chaallenge!

DK forums have base who cannot grasp the impact of being locked for 4-5 GCD to perform a single talent and overcapping your runic power in process, rendering the 1 rune benefit of given talent's to the ashes. They can keep assuming whether I am a troll or not to the end of the world.
    I think my job is done here, everyone with a basic knowledge of DK will know whether you are worth listening to based on these 2 comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I would like to encourage all to not get stuck on personal mini-wars, but to focus a bit more on the general tanking thoughts.

Maybe just a few sentences which parts of tanking you like, you do not like, what you would like to see going or staying or what changes you would or would not like to have.

I do not wish to stop you from discussing the thoughts that others have, but I do not see a place for hostility in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I think my job is done here, everyone with a basic knowledge of DK will know whether you are worth listening to based on these 2 comments.
    Jeez these people.. OMG IT'S AN RNG I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER IT! TOO COMPLEXXX!

BoS is a pure gear dependant ability. Maybe you may find it out when you have %75 multistrike and %42 haste during raids without hero. Untill then, community is in depth of your irreplaceble service, now you can go back to your parallel universe where breath of syndragosa is a complex ability, certainly we do not live in the same reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmion View Post
    I would like to encourage all to not get stuck on personal mini-wars, but to focus a bit more on the general tanking thoughts.

Maybe just a few sentences which parts of tanking you like, you do not like, what you would like to see going or staying or what changes you would or would not like to have.

I do not wish to stop you from discussing the thoughts that others have, but I do not see a place for hostility in this thread.
    You're right, thanks for the check.
    Last edited by nathrizarri; 2016-04-27 at 06:42 PM. Reason: spelling