Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Fiorina lol.

Cruz: " Hi folks. I'm already a heartless prick who believes dumb sh-t. So to bring in more voters, I thought I'd pick another heartless prick who believes dumb sh-t."

All the #NeverTrump Republicans are deluding themselves. There are 2 scenarios:

1) Trump gets the nom, either on the first ballot or later

2) Trump is denied the nom by brokered convention shenanigans, goes full rage beastmode along with his supporters, and runs as an independent, splitting the GOP and ensuring Clinton's victory

And Carson, lol what a loon. Talented surgeon, and that's it. has the conversation skills of a mushroom cap, soft-talks like the sound of his voice hurts his ears, and is another person who believes ridiculous fairy tales
    Trump running independent may actually lead to a republican president. It's an interesting situation we have seen in over a century and a half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    And we need them... So its just as stupid of us to elect an idiot that the entire world hates.

Who do you think will cave first? EU governments who cater to their own citizens or US big business via both political parties...?

Its already happened really... Charles Koch, the billionaire who is more or less the biggest conservative donor there is, said in an interview recently something along the lines of Hillary Clinton being a better option than any of the Republicans running...
    That Koch interview was startling.
    I've never expected to hear those things he said, to come out of his mouth.

"The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe he is related to Tom Cruz and will be starring in a movie with him?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    Trump running independent may actually lead to a republican president. It's an interesting situation we have seen in over a century and a half.
    That would only happen if Trump runs third party and actually wins some states, preventing Hillary from getting the required majority, which won't happen.

Rubio is waiting for 2024.

If he does announce Fiorina, it is obviously to woo the moderate women who are eating out of Hillary's hands right now.

Though its all pretty moot because he is losing by a landslide and if by some miracle the RNC skips Trump at the convention and goes with him, Trump will spear them and halfheartedly run Third Party. He obviously won't try to win and won't spend a lot of money, but he will declare his candidacy and in a lot of states every single vote counts... Just look at 2012... Obama won Ohio by like 100,000 votes, Florida by like 60,000... If even 5% of the Republican vote goes for Trump 3rd party, that would give Hillary both those states, probably most states even...
    Rubio killed his political career by holding out until the Florida primary. At this point, his political career is over at the federal level.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's way more than a little premature to announce a VP pick; he hasn't even picked up the nomination.
    Actually he's eliminated mathematically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would only happen if Trump runs third party and actually wins some states, preventing Hillary from getting the required majority, which won't happen.
    It may lead to no majority in electoral votes, but I agree that's almost a 0% chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    You're ignoring the reality that whites still dominate Latin American politics as a minority group, and that it's highly likely that the US will devolve into a civil war in the coming decades that ultimately culminates in the expulsion of millions.
    Oh really a civil war is gonna happen in the next few decades? Anything at all to back this up?
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Inflicting legal damage because they don't agree is trying to force them to comply.
    And what exactly happens when a law permits the banning, but the person refuses to leave? You are not going to enforce legal damages due to trespassing? Just have a 'you are gay' and 'no, I'm not' going for hours, until one of them gets tired?

- - - Updated - - -

How is that remotely possible? He signed an agreement with GOP before being permitted to run, that he wouldn't run third party. The GOP doesn't seem to believe the above to be true, so I don't understand why you would think it is.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    He is the most hated Senator, true. But Trump is hated by the RNC even more, and is considered a greater danger to the Party.
    the rnc in a way made their own nightmare when they courted tea party supporters back in 08 and 2010 and 2012 and just paid lip service to them. what did they think would happen?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    the rnc in a way made their own nightmare when they courted tea party supporters back in 08 and 2010 and 2012 and just paid lip service to them. what did they think would happen?
    What does Hillary think is going to happen with Bernie supporters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inflicting legal damage because they don't agree is trying to force them to comply.
    "Because they don't agree" isn't the same as "because they're discriminating." Stop trying to conflate the two.

When people start agitating for the legal right to deny service to Christians based on their religion, you'll have a reasonable argument.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    And what exactly happens when a law permits the banning, but the person refuses to leave? You are not going to enforce legal damages due to trespassing? Just have a 'you are gay' and 'no, I'm not' going for hours, until one of them gets tired?

- - - Updated - - -

How is that remotely possible? He signed an agreement with GOP before being permitted to run, that he wouldn't run third party. The GOP doesn't seem to believe the above to be true, so I don't understand why you would think it is.
    It's purely a hypothetical situation that I've entertained the thought of. I'm not saying it will happen nor do I believe it will happen. Please don't force your words into my mouth and then argue against your own words

10+ Year Old Account
    You're ignoring the reality that whites still dominate Latin American politics as a minority group, and that it's highly likely that the US will devolve into a civil war in the coming decades that ultimately culminates in the expulsion of millions.
    Are your seriously arguing that the GOP saying, "we're the party of racist xenophobia" is a winning strategy in the coming decades?

Also, civil war? Lulz
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

That was on the basis that Trump is treated fairly that hasn't happened
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Vice President Running mate?

Cruz and Kaisch are out of their minds.

Especially after recent primary victories for Trump.

Cruz / Kaisch and also Sanders need to drop. They lost. It's over.
    They should take part as independents! All of them! It would be amazing!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's purely a hypothetical situation that I've entertained the thought of. I'm not saying it will happen nor do I believe it will happen. Please don't force your words into my mouth and then argue against your own words
    What words am I forcing on you, in litteraly asking you how it will happen? That doesn't make any sense...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    What words am I forcing on you, in litteraly asking you how it will happen? That doesn't make any sense...
    I don't know how it will happen, why are you even asking me?

Uh, we aren't close to a civil war. It isn't highly likely at all. I mean anything is possible, but I think you are misusing "highly likely" a bit there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    That was on the basis that Trump is treated fairly that hasn't happened
    I don't know of such a clause in what he signed. Being treated fairly is very subjective, so it seems like a silly point to include in the contract.

Not that his presumption in signing maters to what I am saying. The fact is, he signed it, because GOP didn't want him to run as independent. Something that makes no sense if they were of the opinion that his independent run would help them win.