Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Out maintaining reasonable levels of terror, perhaps?

I knew Killer Frost would still be alive, based on the whole Caitlin angle. I thought that Wally would recognize Barry in the Flash suit and turn against Joe for trying to set him up with a 'fake', but looks like they dodged that bullet.

Also, why not just tell the dude, "Hey, using your strength is killing you, ease up and maybe we can find a cure." Or, I dunno, use this as an opportunity to practice Vibe Blasts? Nope, first thing they jump to is "Let's make him over-exert so he'll age (and die, while not said, is implied)."
    He's also super-fast tho, so like, where is he going that he can't pop in and check on things every 30 minutes?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    He's also super-fast tho, so like, where is he going that he can't pop in and check on things every 30 minutes?
    Doin' evil things. Zoom is very show-y with the way he imposes himself on people (remember what he did to Barry at the start of the season) and it's hard to be both show-y and fast.

Maybe he pays wonder woman a visit when shes sun bathing naked...

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    Maybe he pays wonder woman a visit when shes sun bathing naked...
    I understand that reference!
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the real Jay Garrick in the mask. Flash was Jay originally til Zoom captured him and stuck his remnant in his place.
    The guy in the mask is Zoom's father, which explains the military code of knocks, as he mentions he served in the military and came home to ~this~? Basically Zoom stuck him in his own personal prison for doing those awful things, may even of traveled through time to snag him after the murders. You can tell the actor is the same one that plays Jay/Hunter because of his build, height and hands. Hunters dad was played by the same actor.

So its Hunters dad in the cell.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The guy in the mask is Zoom's father, which explains the military code of knocks, as he mentions he served in the military and came home to ~this~? Basically Zoom stuck him in his own personal prison for doing those awful things, may even of traveled through time to snag him after the murders. You can tell the actor is the same one that plays Jay/Hunter because of his build, height and hands. Hunters dad was played by the same actor.

So its Hunters dad in the cell.
    No, it wasn't the same actor. Jay/Hunter is Teddy Sears, his father James was played by Shaine Jones.

So what do you think Zoom does when he's out and about? He seems to disappear for long periods of time.
    Maintaining an evil empire is a lot of work. Sure he's fast, but he also keeps murdering his underlings. It does save on retirement benefits but leads to a lot of job interviews and training. Superspeed doesn't help an interview go any faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, why not just tell the dude, "Hey, using your strength is killing you, ease up and maybe we can find a cure." Or, I dunno, use this as an opportunity to practice Vibe Blasts? Nope, first thing they jump to is "Let's make him over-exert so he'll age (and die, while not said, is implied)."
    While Wells presence did limit their ability to just call up the police force (who now has some metahuman training and weapons), it still seems they took the worst option. At the same time, Wells should have quickly said "listen, I don't even know what's wrong with you. Lets go to STAR labs and see if the team can help you."

Overall this episode was just very bland filler for me. I'd have rather they kept Killer Frost alive for some fun interaction rather than a quick kill, but Flash and Arrow both have a real problem with killing off villains. Arrow has his "no killing (except mooks)" thing, but Barry doesn't even seem to regret nuking a guy, turning a guy to glass and shattering him and now force-aging someone to death.

Jessie's cuteness gave the episode a boost, but it'd have taken both Jessie and Patty to lift the dumbness to a good episode.

(And Wells is an idiot if he thinks Jessie is safer at STAR labs than anywhere that's not STAR labs.)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and best part of the episode for me was Wells speech. "Hey, we did this as a team" "uh, no we didn't, it was BARRYS decision". Too bad it's meaningless in the longrun.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

All I know is that if I had a superpower that aged me when I used it ... I'd stop using it.

All I know is that if I had a superpower that aged me when I used it ... I'd stop using it.
    Maybe he never connected the two in a cause-and-effect fashion. He might've just thought a) he was super strong, and b) he was aging rapidly, and thus c) Wells did both of these to me.

Really? I probably would have aged to 200 years old in like that first week of finding out I was invulnerable and super strong.

I mean, how the fuck did this guy last for years only aging 20 years, when he went from 30-40 to dead at 90 in like 6 punches.

So Wells is gonna create another particle explosion, and Jessie and/or Wally will get speed powers too.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    So Wells is gonna create another particle explosion, and Jessie and/or Wally will get speed powers too.
    (oprah voice) "You get super speed and YOU get super speed! Superspeed for EVERYONE!"

"My name is Barry Allen, and I'm the Fastest White Man From This Dimension Currently Alive From This Current Place In The Timeline."

Not that I mind other speedsters. It would be fun if they used the "hey, too many people using Speedforce" to slow Zoom down rather than speeding Barry up, but they really haven't given much indication of that mechanic.

If Wells ends up creating another particle accelerator I think Jesse will get speed powers for sure. She's going to be in the lab with them when they do it, plus in that scene where Wells calls her Jesse Quick I thought it was a giveaway for what's to come.

Wally doesn't know Flashes secret, so there's no reason for him to be at the lab, so I'm not sure if he'll end up with speed powers or not. Maybe he'll just randomly show up there looking for his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    If Wells ends up creating another particle accelerator I think Jesse will get speed powers for sure. She's going to be in the lab with them when they do it, plus in that scene where Wells calls her Jesse Quick I thought it was a giveaway for what's to come.

Wally doesn't know Flashes secret, so there's no reason for him to be at the lab, so I'm not sure if he'll end up with speed powers or not. Maybe he'll just randomly show up there looking for his dad.
    According to executive producer Andrew Kreisberg, it’s probably going to be a while before you see Jessie and Wally zipping around Central City with super speed. Them becoming speedsters is not something we'll likely see happen this season.

And according to executive producer Todd Helbing, "There are still a few more episodes of (Wally) being sort of like how Iris was last year and it takes a while before he gets fully caught up to what’s going on.”

So neither of them will be getting speed next episode (unless the show creators are pulling a Moffat, of course), and Wally especially won't be finding out about Barry being the Flash for several weeks to come. Fans need to settle in for the long haul if they want to see more speedster heroes on The Flash.

I do assume it'll be contained in some way to prevent dosing the rest of the city, but I also assume something will go wrong.

I didn't really think it would happen in the next episode, but like Svif said, there's no way he recreates a particle accelerator explosion without any extra side effects and I think those side effects could easily be Jesse/Wally become speedsters too...it sounds right at least lol

After reading the articles though, it doesn't sound like they want anymore speedsters. Maybe Wally ends up a speedster and to repay Flash for saving his life he gives him his speed the same way Flash gave his speed to Zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Really? I probably would have aged to 200 years old in like that first week of finding out I was invulnerable and super strong.

I mean, how the fuck did this guy last for years only aging 20 years, when he went from 30-40 to dead at 90 in like 6 punches.
    It's like the old Seinfeld bit: nowadays we only workout to make it through the workout.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming Barry will get his speedpowers next episode but it will have consequences (Note I'm probably wrong but why not). Whatever particle accelarator incident happens. It will enable Zoom in a way to get an army to take over Earth One, this coincides with the fact Zoom seems to want to take over multiple earths.

Weather I am right is ENTIRELY another matter.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Flash | Chronicles of Cisco: Entry 0419 - Part 2 | The CW

Cisco discovers who the Metahuman in Star Labs is! And also does gratuitous product placement with his phone.

Deleted
    Chronicles of Cisco
    Anywhere, where NONE muricans can watch these?