Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    I don't know how it will happen, why are you even asking me?
    Because you said it might happen and even called interesting. You can read the things you post, after you post them... In case you forget...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm referring to the bold part, I never said I "Believe the above to be true" nor did I imply it. You simply want me to look like I think Trump will run third party. Like I've already said to you, it's a hypothetical situation, a thought experiment, not something I "believe" is going to happen.
    No, I am simply asking why you think him running independent will help GOP. The bold part is showing that the GOP doesn't believe that to be true.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Because you said it might happen and even called interesting. You can read the things you post, after you post them... In case you forget...
    Never said it might happen, just said it was interesting. Please read my posts, I've already replied to this comment. It was a hypothetical situation, not one I believe. To make it easy for you I'll even quote myself!

It's purely a hypothetical situation that I've entertained the thought of. I'm not saying it will happen nor do I believe it will happen. Please don't force your words into my mouth and then argue against your own words

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I am simply asking why you think him running independent will help GOP. The bold part is showing that the GOP doesn't believe that to be true.
    Because there is a hypothetical scenario where Trump runs third party and wins a few states, thus preventing Hillary from obtaining the required number of delegates to win.

When no one obtains the margin needed to win, the House of Representatives elects the President.

Republicans control the House of Representatives.

Do you understand now? He wasn't saying it was likely or going to happen, merely pointed out such a hypothetical existed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never said it might happen, just said it was interesting. Please read my posts, I've already replied to this comment. It was a hypothetical situation, not one I believe. To make it easy for you I'll even quote myself!
    How would the hypothetical situation play out?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Because there is a hypothetical scenario where Trump runs third party and wins a few states, thus preventing Hillary from obtaining the required number of delegates to win.

When no one obtains the margin needed to win, the House of Representatives elects the President.

Do you understand now? He wasn't saying it was likely or going to happen, merely pointed out such a hypothetical existed.
    Thank you! That's exactly what I meant

10+ Year Old Account

How would he win seats from Hillary and not the GOP? Why would liberals or democrats or independents who would otherwise vote democrat, vote for Trump? It makes no sense...

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! That's exactly what I meant
    How would he gain democratic voters and not GOP voters?

Carly Fiorina...that is all

Cart before Horse Ted....and really? are you trying to be even less liked?
    Can I suggest eating small children while their parents watch and pay for your utensils?
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2016-04-27 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Yes, its true. I smelt it, and I dealt it. I'm sorry"

Fiorina was spotted in the building where Cruz is giving his speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would he win seats from Hillary and not the GOP? Why would liberals or democrats or independents who would otherwise vote democrat, vote for Trump? It makes no sense...
    We are talking about the general election friend.

Most states are winner take's all with their electoral college votes.

So say like Iowa for example... It has six votes in the electoral college... Say the vote splits 35% Trump, 33% Hillary, 32% Republican running, Trump would win all six votes in that state.

Do that for a couple more small states... In the end, Hillary might only have 260 electoral college votes or something... She might have way more than Trump or the Republican, but unless a single candidate wins 270 electoral college votes, the House of Representatives elects the President.

Deleted
    "Hereby i proclaim Adenoid Drumpf righteous leader of all of America.."

I suspect he'll be announcing he was really Ron Weasley's rat the whole time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    That was on the basis that Trump is treated fairly that hasn't happened
    You're correct in that he's been treated unfairly. Unfairly well. He's got a much higher proportion of the delegate pool than he has the popular vote in the primaries.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...it-favors-him/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    There has to be a back-story behind this.

Given that last night Cruz called a basketball hoop the "basketball ring," I do kind of have to wonder if he's secretly a xenomorph pretending to be human.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    So say like Iowa for example... It has six votes in the electoral college... Say the vote splits 35% Trump, 33% Hillary, 32% Republican running, Trump would win all six votes in that state.

Do that for a couple more small states... In the end, Hillary might only have 260 electoral college votes or something... She might have way more than Trump or the Republican, but unless a single candidate wins 270 electoral college votes, the House of Representatives elects the President.
    Is there any real indication that a split of this nature would occur?

It really doesn't seem like Trump has the crossover appeal to pull Hillary voters in the quantity needed to cause this scenario, especially running as an independent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post

It really doesn't seem like Trump has the crossover appeal to pull Hillary voters in the quantity needed to cause this scenario, especially running as an independent.
    A lot of Berniebros like Trump, for some reason.

But like myself and the other guy said, such a scenario is entirely improbable... But it is still a possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post

Particularly, Trump might take enough to take some of the Republican states, but he's not likely to pull any of the states that were already going to vote Democratic, which should easily be enough for Clinton to be elected anyway.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

7+ Year Old Account
    A lot of Berniebros like Trump, for some reason.

But like myself and the other guy said, such a scenario is entirely improbable... But it is still a possibility.
    Really? I always saw Berniebros as thinking Trump is worse than Hitler...I mean, sure they are anti-establishment in their own way, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Particularly, Trump might take enough to take some of the Republican states, but he's not likely to pull any of the states that were already going to vote Democratic, which should easily be enough for Clinton to be elected anyway.
    My hope would be that with trump running independent, Bernie would decide to as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Really? I always saw Berniebros as thinking Trump is worse than Hitler...I mean, sure they are anti-establishment in their own way, but still.
    I am referring to 4chan style Berniebros... Young people who want free stuff, but are also bigots against Muslims/Mexicans, etc. Not typical Sanders supporters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    My hope would be that with trump running independent, Bernie would decide to as well.
    Trump won't run independent, he's practically a lock for getting 1237 delegates, he's only like 220 away, and California alone, which he will probably win, is 171.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.