Question "To Do" List for Creating New Characters

Hiya, everybody!

I hope this post finds you all in good spirits. I have been playing WoW on and off since the end of Classic and have recently come back yet again after another break. I'm planning on making one or two other characters and I have a question for you all about that.

When making a new character, what are some things that should be on your "to do" list. More specifically, I'm thinking about ways to prepare your character shortly after they're "born" so that the level up experience and beyond is as smooth and fun as possible. So far my list includes the following:

*Customize UI
    *Buy bags
    *Purchase regents tab in bank as well as the 7 additional slots
    *Learn professions
    *Stop by barber shop for your every day styling needs
    *Equip a tabard for dungeons
    *Choose a title
    *Equip heirlooms
    *Check mail

Am I missing anything? I want to make sure I start off on the right foot as I look forward to the release of Legion.

Thank you so much in advance! ^_^;

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooh, that is a tough one..

• Find a name.
    • Find a race.
    • Find a class.
    • Find the right look.
    • Make a background story (even if small).
    • Find right Add-Ons.
    • Get Four Netherweave Bags.
    • Send 10 gold.
    • Pick what specc to go with.
    • Acquire heirlooms fitting the previous choice.
    • Choose title.
    • Get faction tabard (Horde/Alliance) for cheaper training.
    • Check Mail.
    • Put character in one of my many guilds.
    • Work on UI.
    • Scrap UI.
    • Work on new UI.
    • Start the adventure.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

• Find a name.
    • Find a race.
    • Find a class.
    • Find the right look.
    • Make a background story (even if small).
    • Find right Add-Ons.
    • Get Four Netherweave Bags.
    • Send 10 gold.
    • Pick what specc to go with.
    • Acquire heirlooms fitting the previous choice.
    • Choose title.
    • Get faction tabard (Horde/Alliance) for cheaper training.
    • Check Mail.
    • Put character in one of my many guilds.
    • Work on UI.
    • Scrap UI.
    • Work on new UI.
    • Start the adventure.
    Damn... I have done basically always all of those things (depending on if I have started on new realm with no gold). But I have never made any kind of background story, unless "I am orc warrior" is background story :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagle View Post
    Damn... I have done basically always all of those things (depending on if I have started on new realm with no gold). But I have never made any kind of background story, unless "I am orc warrior" is background story :P
    I'm a roleplayer / RPG'er at heart, even if I'm on a PvP server, there gotta be something. And well, the gold is something of a habbit. 10g is enough to cover the basic, from there on, the character has to earn its own flight and mount training.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

- Modify the appearance
    - Find a name
    - Create the character
    - Log back to newly-created character
    - Find the closest mail and get the money
    - Go to town, buy non-crafted 14 (?) slot bags. I hate crafted bags with a passion, just because it says it's crafted by someone (Gaming OCD)
    - Create and Equip heirlooms
    - Modify the settings
    - Disable unnecessary addons and set active addons up
    - Heartstone back to starting point
    - Rock and Rumble.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-04-27 at 05:33 PM.

Create character
    Send heirlooms that are enchanted
    ???
    Profit
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

that list is pretty much spot on with the exception of that little RP and somewhat serious UI adjustments.
    personally I'd add

• Figure out which proffesion to pick
    • It's alchemy and tailoring again
    • Prepare all the mats before even creating the character
    • Level up to 58, log off and never return, because Outland Sucks
    • Ocasionally get to lvl 70, then log off and never return, because Northrend is even worse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    that list is pretty much spot on with the exception of that little RP and somewhat serious UI adjustments.
    personally I'd add

• Figure out which proffesion to pick
    • It's alchemy and tailoring again
    • Prepare all the mats before even creating the character
    • Level up to 58, log off and never return, because Outland Sucks
    • Ocasionally get to lvl 70, then log off and never return, because Northrend is even worse
    I don't do professions anymore, I have two of each (one on each faction). And leveling is too smooth, just need to get through the 1-70, then the rest is a breeze..

I figure out if this toon will be PVPing and when. I tend to make a lot of 10-19s to just PVP there when I let my sub lapse. If so, I get them their heirlooms and enchants ready to go. No bags needed at all. If not exclusively PVPing, I get them netherweave bags to start and that's all they'll usually end up needing, unless they are a class that can easily farm.

Of course, if I can't come up with a good name for them, it's all pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I don't do professions anymore, I have two of each (one on each faction). And leveling is too smooth, just need to get through the 1-70, then the rest is a breeze..
    Yeah, I have all of profs too. It's just that I can't imagine a character without them and I sort of enjoy the downtime from leveling. Admitedly in past the profession and character lvl were much more intertwined

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what Kuntantee said:

- Modify the appearance (I have a very specific setup that I like - more of my characters look the same)
    - Find a name (Starting to become a real problem)
    - Create the character (check!)
    - Log into main or "personalgbanktoon" and send some gold, bag and supplies (~1000 golds, start with a compliment of Mooncloth bags - if it gets serious send 11 hexweave bags, depending on if I have a suitable set of heirlooms enchanted send that to if not then buy heirlooms needed and create one set and enchant and then mail them - if the toon is turns serious as noted bigger bags and then possible also a flying tome for pandaland; but I skipped that the last few goes, it's so quick now to level I can't really be bothered).
    - Log back to newly-created character
    - Find the closest mail and get the money, bags and heirlooms
    - Get professions (usually herbalism and mining until i find or figure out what I need or want)
    - Modify the settings - pull out things on the bars, remember to drag out the icon for the heirloom motorcycle (running is for suckas!)
    - Disable unnecessary addons and set active addons up
    - Back to starting point.
    - Kiiiiiiillling time.