Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/sta...66146757611521

Emily Rogers is doubling down on Smash NX, saying it will be the definitive version of Smash 4.
    The NX, getting updated ports of Wii U games?

No. Fucking. Way.

7+ Year Old Account
    And I just *thought* the Wii U felt like a step-child of a console before... this is getting worse. :/

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    NX can call me when the next Xenoblade comes around, just as the Wii U did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The NX, getting updated ports of Wii U games?

No. Fucking. Way.
    Yes because the Wii totally got Smash Melee and the Wii U totally got an updated version of Smash Brawl.

I don't know what your vendetta against these "leakers" is but at least be accurate if you're gonna be snarky.

Deleted
    Actually this is a good move from nintendo, they can wait on AMDs newer stuff by this point and have a more powerful console, the PS4 neo might be a sign that more powerful hardware is needed in the current market right now, it attracts more third party devs.

AMD polaris chips will be in full swing or AMD Zen APUs will be out by then, I rather wait and have a better system then get a system sooner and have a weaker console out of it considering we are on the pivotal point in brand new hardware being released thats being catered to a system power envelope such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Does it involve 2 women? ...

Because I fear I know what you are thinking in that case.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    It's highly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Yes because the Wii totally got Smash Melee and the Wii U totally got an updated version of Smash Brawl.

I don't know what your vendetta against these "leakers" is but at least be accurate if you're gonna be snarky.
    I think the snark wasn't just about Smash, but the idea that rather than letting the Wii U's hits go to waste, they're going to just port them to the NX and hope they'll do even better there and help build a better library for the NX's launch.

As in, it's not a surprise.

Hint: Wii and Wii U where backwards compatible and had reprints of games labeled as being playable on the Wii or Wii U.

Hint: NX is likely not backwards compatible ala the jump from PS3->PS4. Just like Sony wanted to port games over for PS4 owners who did not own a PS3 Nintendo would likely want to do the same. That is pretty obvious guess work.

Anyone know if NX is moving away from the stupid wii motion remotes. I was always a big Nintendo fan but the wii remotes really turned me off, they were cool in the beginning but after awhile I was like can I have a regular controller plz?

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Anyone know if NX is moving away from the stupid wii motion remotes. I was always a big Nintendo fan but the wii remotes really turned me off, they were cool in the beginning but after awhile I was like can I have a regular controller plz?
    Does any game on the Wii U even require the Wii Remote outside of Mario Party 10 and Wii Party U?

Shit was already moved away from...

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/725236629405835264

There is an upcoming dedicated Animal Crossing game in the works with the mobile version designed to work with and interact with the dedicated version.
    nintendo

WHY ARE YOU RUINING YOUR GAMES

FIRST PAPER MARIO
    STARFOX
    METROID SERIES
    ANIMAL CROSSING

you gonna port smash bros to the smart phone too? fuck off

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/sta...66146757611521

Emily Rogers is doubling down on Smash NX, saying it will be the definitive version of Smash 4.
    why you are still quoting this fake bitch? SHE HAS BEEN WRONG YET YOU STILL QUOTE HER

go away
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Actually this is a good move from nintendo, they can wait on AMDs newer stuff by this point and have a more powerful console,
    Won't happen. Devs already have the kits and are making games for them.

They are not going to change the system spec this late into it. Whatever the hardware spec is its solid now. A year to do new dev kits, get them in the hands of developers and have games ready is not enough time.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Won't happen. Devs already have the kits and are making games for them.

They are not going to change the system spec this late into it. Whatever the hardware spec is its solid now. A year to do new dev kits, get them in the hands of developers and have games ready is not enough time.
    Thorianrage is the same guy who thinks PS4k is going to be some ground breaking leap. Dude is always overestimating what hardware is going to be and has been doing it with NX for a long time. Wouldn't even be surprised if NX launched and it was in the same power range as Xbox One and not even as strong as the base PS4.

Newer tech coming out = older tech getting smaller and cheaper. Which one does he really think Nintendo is likely to go with? I'ma go with the older cheaper tech...

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Thorianrage is the same guy who thinks PS4k is going to be some ground breaking leap. Dude is always overestimating what hardware is going to be and has been doing it with NX for a long time. Wouldn't even be surprised if NX launched and it was in the same power range as Xbox One and not even as strong as the base PS4.

Newer tech coming out = older tech getting smaller and cheaper. Which one does he really think Nintendo is likely to go with? I'ma go with the older cheaper tech...
    Well the PS4k will be a nice boost but ya it isn't going to be like going from ps2 to ps3.

Like I said its impossable for Nintendo to get to use the new AMD tech in the NX at this point. That would require the system to be delayed from Q1 next year to at lease Q4 if not the start of 2018.

To add people better hope they don't as well, If Nintendo releases a system and its hardware is as different as ps3 to ps4 they can kiss backwards compatibility with the Wii-U goodbye or it will run like shit.

Not saying it can't be done (Ps3 to Ps4 can be) but it will run like pure shit at best. You would be buying the NX Remaster Mario Maker not putting in ur copy of the Wii-U version.

Nintendo always picks older tech, So at best its going to be as powerful as the current ps4 and at worse its going to be slightly less then XB1.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hint: Wii and Wii U where backwards compatible and had reprints of games labeled as being playable on the Wii or Wii U.

Hint: NX is likely not backwards compatible ala the jump from PS3->PS4. Just like Sony wanted to port games over for PS4 owners who did not own a PS3 Nintendo would likely want to do the same. That is pretty obvious guess work.
    You're using the info that Smash 4 will be on the NX to assume that the NX won't be backwards compatible and then acting like the news of Smash 4 coming to NX isn't noteworthy? What?

It's not "obvious" because there is no precedent for it, so if this rumor is true then it is a decently big deal. Edge was being snarky and my point was that this wasn't an obvious thing. Zelda Wii U coming to NX is the kinda shit that's obvious.

Nintendo porting older games over to their new console when they've never done it before isn't.

You're using the info that Smash 4 will be on the NX to assume that the NX won't be backwards compatible and then acting like the news of Smash 4 coming to NX isn't noteworthy? What?

It's not "obvious" because there is no precedent for it, so if this rumor is true then it is a decently big deal. Edge was being snarky and my point was that this wasn't an obvious thing. Zelda Wii U coming to NX is the kinda shit that's obvious.

Nintendo porting older games over to their new console when they've never done it before isn't.
    Except it is fairly obvious when they now have very active and competitive games on the Wii U that still sell well that they don't want to die.

It's obvious as shit, I called Nintendo porting Smash, Splatoon and Mario Maker and I'm not an insider or leaker. It's fairly damn obvious, seeing as Nintendo themselves are still actively supporting these games with patches and they have massive player bases for being on a system with a low install base.

It seems the only person who doesn't get it's obvious in this thread, is you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it is fairly obvious when they now have very active and competitive games on the Wii U that still sell well that they don't want to die.

It's obvious as shit, I called Nintendo porting Smash, Splatoon and Mario Maker and I'm not an insider or leaker. It's fairly damn obvious, seeing as Nintendo themselves are still actively supporting these games with patches and they have massive player bases for being on a system with a low install base.

It seems the only person who doesn't get it's obvious in this thread, is you.
    I thought that they would do it as well, but the whole point was that Edge was being snarky for no reason. Regardless of how much of a genius you are, a bit of extra evidence towards the ports happening doesn't hurt anything.

I thought that they would do it as well, but the whole point was that Edge was being snarky for no reason. Regardless of how much of a genius you are, a bit of extra evidence towards the ports happening doesn't hurt anything.
    So you're saying it's obvious but you're just trying to argue it's not obvious for the sake of arguing? Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Actually this is a good move from nintendo, they can wait on AMDs newer stuff by this point and have a more powerful console, the PS4 neo might be a sign that more powerful hardware is needed in the current market right now, it attracts more third party devs.

AMD polaris chips will be in full swing or AMD Zen APUs will be out by then, I rather wait and have a better system then get a system sooner and have a weaker console out of it considering we are on the pivotal point in brand new hardware being released thats being catered to a system power envelope such as this.
    uh.. wot? are you not aware how production works? the nx, whatever it is, was finalized atleast a year ago spec wise
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying it's obvious but you're just trying to argue it's not obvious for the sake of arguing? Okay.
    I'm saying that there's no point hating on leakers when they post "obvious" shit because it just adds more credibility to the claim.

The video The Know did on this has a really good point on what the NX could be and why the odd release date. I recommend people watching it and see what you think.

.....If its a streaming service to play all Nintendo games I really don't see me buying it. I like hard copys when it comes to console gaming and I am not spending $100-$150 for a streaming box to play Nintendo games.

I want a console not a chromecast...

It would also explain the whole "Not replacing the 3DS/Wii-U" crap.

Nintendo the first of the big 3 to go full streaming service........urggg the thought makes my brain hurt.