10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Pristine realms live now.

Yep, they are.

Here's how you access them:

1) Roll a character on a well populated server.
    2) Create a guild.
    3) Advertise your guild to get players interested in a pristine server.
    4) Play the game with no heirlooms, don't use LFD and don't group with people who aren't in your guild.

Done, and done.

For those playing pristine servers, let me know how you get on.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    haha nice.

Yeah Blizzard knows that pristine servers are an absolute garbage idea, we'll have legacy servers announced by Blizzcon I'm sure.

You seem to have so much salt, can i have some for my fries?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Is there a difference between a legacy server and a pristine server? Or are those two terms interchangeable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anias View Post
    Is there a difference between a legacy server and a pristine server? Or are those two terms interchangeable?
    Yes.

Legacy servers are prior versions of the game (vanilla especially); pristine servers are versions of the live game where experience boosts, cross-realming and LFD are switched off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anias View Post
    Pristine server is just one without any form of boosts available, like heirlooms, Raf etc etc and no group finder. Legacy server is one stuck on a previous xpac.

I dont know why people are so bigged up about either idea. Legacy servers were not popular because they were on vanilla (go check the forums of some private servers running previous xpacs and see how many are moaning to have the latest dungeons from live in), it's because they are free. It's that simple.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2016-04-27 at 07:44 PM.

Ok. Thanks for telling me that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Yep, they are.

2) Create a guild.
    4) Play the game with no heirlooms, don't use LFD and don't group with people who aren't in your guild.

Done, and done.

The sad part is a post like this is needed to get that point across to some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    The sad part is a post like this is needed to get that point across to some people.
    I'm waiting on the first argument as to how what I've suggested isn't a pristine realm.

Yeah, definitely the same as a whole realm bound by the same rules and without character transfers... Will give a lot of realm community, that one guild with a few dozen members

I'm waiting on the first argument as to how what I've suggested isn't a pristine realm.
    Perhaps if Blizz elaborated more on the "pristine realm" concept, providing more details and such, but at this point we're going by what was posted ver batim from yesterday or whenever, sooo...

Or someone could just barge in here all like "that's not a pristine realm! Here's what I think it is/should be", which would be par for the course of this forum...nay, the internet.

Deleted
    With the amount of people whining about heirlooms and lfg, you'd expect everyone not to use lfg or heirlooms, but people are anyway. What the hell?

Deleted
    Yep, they are.

2) Create a guild.

Done, and done.

you could but it kinda feels pointless if noone else is going by the same rules

Deleted
    The whole point of pristine server is that you're not the only one not to use LFD, heirlooms, etc
    If everyone on a server play that way, the chances you have to encounter other people playing like you is increased. And that is also true for the opposite faction which means it would also increase your chances to encounter the opposite faction (at the entrance of dungeons, for exemple)
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-04-27 at 08:02 PM.

Yep, they are.

2) Create a guild.

Done, and done.

Okay, how do you turn off CRZ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Pristine server is just one without any form of boosts available, like heirlooms, Raf etc etc and no group finder. Legacy server is one stuck on a previous xpac.

I dont know why people are so bigged up about either idea. Legacy servers were not popular because they were on vanilla (go check the forums of some private servers running previous xpacs and see how many are moaning to have the latest dungeons from live in), it's because they are free. It's that simple.
    So basicly "Pristince Realms" have all the quality of live tools removed?!
    And yeah, noone can really tell how many people would actually pay for legacy servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Okay, how do you turn off CRZ?
    You play on a server with a different time zone than yours so you can play when most of the other players are sleeping. This way you can ejoy the loneliness of the great outdoors.
    So for NA that works with EU servers.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-04-27 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One would assume they would also be reverting the various EXP nerfs each expansion has introduced. There wasn't just the "give them extra exp" methods that sped it up.

There's also no way of disabling CRZ.

1. Achieving gameplay challenge by handicapping yourself is not the same.

2. You are just going to get steamrolled by the opposite faction players who do use heirloom items.

3. Even without heirlooms the leveling content is WAY too easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't troll the forum with a clickbait title.