Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    How did you achieve this?
    IIRC it was because of copyright infringements because he uploaded a few clips of x seconds with anime highlights.

They're talking about the end of the Oregairu alt-world side story ANOTHER on 2ch, apparently Yuigahama won the 8bowl. Since it's basically fanfic written by the actual author, I wonder if that writes her out of the running in the actual story.

Speaking of FMVs, my buddy still has the VHS of our 10th grade year project. We put one together from clips of videos we recorded from Toonami and various films we had purchased to "Fuer Frei" by Rammstein.

I'm going to see if I can get a hold of it. I'm sure it's just awful.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2016-04-27 at 07:26 PM. Reason: That sentence was just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    They're talking about the end of the Oregairu alt-world side story ANOTHER on 2ch, apparently Yuigahama won the 8bowl. Since it's basically fanfic written by the actual author, I wonder if that writes her out of the running in the actual story.
    she is best girl in all versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    she is best girl in all versions.
    Yukino >= Iroha > Haruno > Based Sensei > Totsuka > Saki >>> Orimoto >>>>>> runny dog shit >>>>>>>> Yuigahama

pic related
    Spoiler: 

10+ Year Old Account
    Yuigahama > Iroha > Haruno > Based Sensei > Totsuka > Saki >>> Orimoto >>>>>> runny dog shit >>>>>>>>Yukino

pic related
    Spoiler: 
    I fixed your shit

Yukino >= Iroha > Haruno > Based Sensei > Totsuka > Saki >>> Orimoto >>>>>> runny dog shit >>>>>>>> Yuigahama

pic related
    Spoiler: 
    A fine example of superior best grill taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Iroha = Shinoa > rest

thy lord hath spoken
    An almost correct example of best grill taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    I fixed your shit
    A fine example of

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    A fine example of superior best grill taste.

An almost correct example of best grill taste.

A fine example of

[IMG]http://puu.sh/okGMX.jpg[IMG]

10+ Year Old Account
    Just experienced one of the most brutal things ever at a university. Was doing the final Economics presentation as a group for the end of the class, and one of our members didn't have a tie on. After the presentation he had us come up and told us since he didn't have a tie, we had the ultimatum of either everyone in the group taking 25% off, or having that one member take a 0. Not only that, but everyone except that member that didn't have a tie had to choose to either throw him under a bus, or risk losing a letter grade in the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Just experienced one of the most brutal things ever at a university. Was doing the final Economics presentation as a group for the end of the class, and one of our members didn't have a tie on. After the presentation he had us come up and told us since he didn't have a tie, we had the ultimatum of either everyone in the group taking 25% off, or having that one member take a 0. Not only that, but everyone except that member that didn't have a tie had to choose to either throw him under a bus, or risk losing a letter grade in the class.
    That's actually pretty awesome. Lots of things being taught from this kind of decision.

Personally since I would be a member of a group, I'd take the letter grade. It's on the groups shoulders to make sure everything is correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Iroha = Shinoa > rest

thy lord hath spoken
    Marika >= Misuzu > Shinoa > Loki > Sumire = Watashi = *almost any Zetsubou girl* > Ichiko = Momiji > Iroha = Lunar > all

I probably missed a few goddesses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    That's actually pretty awesome. Lots of things being taught from this kind of decision.

Personally since I would be a member of a group, I'd take the letter grade. It's on the groups shoulders to make sure everything is correct.
    It's a tough call. I didn't want to shoulder the burden of having given someone an F, and was fine taking the 25% off, but it is about personal responsibility, since we told everyone in our group meetings to dress formal, which includes a tie for men.

Though it was a gen ed class, and not a higher level Business class (which I'm majoring in), so it feels a bit rough being a class that a lot of Freshmen are in.

It's a tough call. I didn't want to shoulder the burden of having given someone an F, and was fine taking the 25% off, but it is about personal responsibility, since we told everyone in our group meetings to dress formal, which includes a tie for men.

Though it was a gen ed class, and not a higher level Business class (which I'm majoring in), so it feels a bit rough being a class that a lot of Freshmen are in.
    Just remember to bring some ties to sell next year.

Probably worth some extra credit considering the major.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just remember to bring some ties to sell next year.

Probably worth some extra credit considering the major.
    Everyone in the Business department knows what to do, since we're required to wear Business casual every Wednesday, and formal (a suit and tie) every Thursday, and then for special events, which are frequent. Outside of that though, all the other majors have nothing to do with it other than the Economics class.

Everyone in the Business department knows what to do, since we're required to wear Business casual every Wednesday, and formal (a suit and tie) every Thursday, and then for special events, which are frequent. Outside of that though, all the other majors have nothing to do with it other than the Economics class.
    Was mostly a joke suggestion. Never learned how other majors worked. Business always seemed like a boring choice.

I'm not one to talk, with my English degree which I've never used.

Looks good on my wall at least.

I'd say that's even more brutal than some manga/anime out there.

Giving such an ultimatum to a group of students purely for a missing tie is taking things way to far imo.

If there is a huge dress code violation, sure, then there has to be some form of penalty. But is a missing tie enough to punish to a group of students that much? No matter which option you pick in that situation, you lose way to much in comparison to what arguably 1 person or the whole group 'screwed' up.

The person in charge might be a good professor, but something like that makes me doubt he's a good 'educator'.

Crimson has it right.

If there is a huge dress code violation, sure, then there has to be some form of penalty. But is a missing tie enough to punish to a group of students that much? No matter which option you pick in that situation, you lose way to much in comparison to what arguably 1 person or the whole group 'screwed' up.

The person in charge might be a good professor, but something like that makes me doubt he's a good 'educator'.
    I can agree with this. I just thought it posed an interesting ethical question to the group.

I'd have enjoyed being a fly on the wall for the discussion afterward, and have a bit info on how the group dynamic was. Were there roles in said group, like a project manager so to speak? That kinda stuff.

I'll also say that if one of my cooks back in my culinary days didn't show up 15 minutes early for shift and not dressed in the correct gear, I'd send them home. Multiple times and they would be let go. I wouldn't have punished the group for one guy; I had chefs like that and it was terrible.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2016-04-27 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Computer spazzed

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing that makes the business department at my school revered (among conservatives) is how strict it is, and their push to get people into 80k+ paying jobs directly after graduation. Which has made all of the professors in the Business Department different from normal. None of them come from an education background, or have gone through classes on teaching. Instead they've come from being CEOs of companies, financial advisors for Fortune 500 (or even Fortune 50) companies, and other things. All of them are required to run and operate at least one business while teaching, and many of them are also active lawyers. This one in particular was ex-FBI and runs 3 companies in various other states. That puts them in a much more business oriented mind than a professor oriented mind like you would find in other departments, so they're all really strict. (In another class, for every spelling mistake or contraction on a paper, it was -10%).

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume you got full marks?