Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    I am not trolling, it's the true intent of what the founders were saying. You can't ignore historical context and the first segment of the amendment because you don't like what it says.
    Why are people trying to make this into a gun control issue still? Guns are all over America, yet the vast majority of cities do not have the same problem with has been plaguing Chicago for a long time. Essentially you guys ignore the real problems.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Why are people trying to make this into a gun control issue still? Guns are all over America, yet the vast majority of cities do not have the same problem with has been plaguing Chicago for a long time. Essentially you guys ignore the real problems.
    It is easier for liberals to blame guns then blame the liberal policies that are the root cause of the violence and poverty
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2016-04-27 at 08:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    You are a joke. As I said it has been shown to you over and over and over again. Even from the FF own writings and words on the matter. Every citizen is the Militia. Nuff said.. Just because you don't like does not change it. Now you are just embarrassing your self

- - - Updated - - -

Jobs will not stop these thugs from gang banging or dealing drugs. Jobs will not get these multi-generational welfare queens to get off government support. Why work when you can get free stuff?
    Their writings do not show this at all, if anything it strengthens the core argument that all able-bodied males are compelled to be in a militia that is regularly trained at a local armory that is state, federal, or city funded. What we have today is wildly incongruent with their own writings outside of the 2a.

The "every citizen is a militia" makes the entirety of the 2A meaningless because it ignores the historical context as to what a militia was comprised of, and the connection it had with its local armory.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

It is easier for liberals to blame guns then blame the liberal polices that are the root cause of the violence and poverty
    Pretty much this lol. They are doing that classic "misdirect the story" strategy from their playbook. It really gets tiring seeing that though. I mean if a bakery doesn't want to make a cake for a gay person, it's world war 3. But people getting murdered in Chicago on just about a daily basis isn't worthy of real discussion I guess....

Their writings do not show this at all, if anything it strengthens the core argument that all able-bodied males are compelled to be in a militia that is regularly trained at a local armory that is state, federal, or city funded. What we have today is wildly incongruent with their own writings outside of the 2a.

The "every citizen is a militia" makes the entirety of the 2A meaningless because it ignores the historical context as to what a militia was comprised of, and the connection it had with its local armory.
    Only in your mind

15+ Year Old Account
    Guns are all over America due to a willful ignorance of what the 2A actually says. You want to stop firearm violence in Chicago? Give these neighborhoods millions of dollars so they can start businesses and jobs for their residents.

You are a joke. As I said it has been shown to you over and over and over again. Even from the FF own writings and words on the matter. Every citizen is the Militia. Nuff said.. Just because you don't like does not change it. Now you are just embarrassing your self

- - - Updated - - -

Jobs will not stop these thugs from gang banging or dealing drugs. Jobs will not get these multi-generational welfare queens to get off government support. Why work when you can get free stuff?
    I just going to have to come out and say you are a retard and are completely ignoring the first two parts of my post. These aren't options, they need to be done in combination. Your reading comprehension skills are lacking.

And this wouldn't be the first time I've seen you cherry pick info from a post just to try and make some ignorant and hateful point.

But just incase you don't get it I will explain it a bit.

If you remove the drug trade you remove a significant amount of violence and when you add decent jobs in as well, you reduce the violence even further and also reduce the need for welfare.

Will this fix everything in Chicago? No but it will make a big fucking dent in it's problems. Much more than blindly pushing gun legislation or just ignoring the problem all together like they pretty much do now.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is easier for liberals to blame guns then blame the liberal policies that are the root cause of the violence and poverty
    What would be a "conservative" city policy to address violence and poverty?

Quote Originally Posted by Snakehead View Post
    Gun control does work but much harsher penalties for possession of an illegal firearm needs to happen also.

If you're caught with an illegal/unregistered/crime linked gun then it's 20 years in prison for you no questions asked.
    The problem is they don't catch most of the people doing the shootings and throwing people in jail isn't going to do much either except continue the problem we already have with overcrowding in prisons.

Guns are all over America due to a willful ignorance of what the 2A actually says. You want to stop firearm violence in Chicago? Give these neighborhoods millions of dollars so they can start businesses and jobs for their residents.
    Investors arent really that keen to put their money into a community that can and will get burned down by the residents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Investors arent really that keen to put their money into a community that can and will get burned down by the residents.
    Ah right, well lets keep the status quo of black ghettos then, because we know the inner city blacks love living in them, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vurdah View Post
    I just going to have to come out and say you are a retard and are completely ignoring the first two parts of my post. These aren't options, they need to be done in combination. Your reading comprehension skills are lacking.

And this wouldn't be the first time I've seen you cherry pick info from a post just to try and make some ignorant and hateful point.

But just incase you don't get it I will explain it a bit.

If you remove the drug trade you remove a significant amount of violence and when you add decent jobs in as well, you reduce the violence even further and also reduce the need for welfare.

Will this fix everything in Chicago? No but it will make a big fucking dent in it's problems. Much more than blindly pushing gun legislation or just ignoring the problem all together like they pretty much do now.
    LEgalizing drugs wont stop street gangs. Better jobs wont stop them. The violence is not because of poverty or drugs. It because the culture and society in those areas has no family values, low morals and view human life as cheap. They do not respect anyone or anything. Maybe at one time better jobs would have helped. But these gang members today are a entirely different breed then those just 20 years ago. They kill simply to kill. They have no respect for life at all. THey don't fear death, they don't fear authority. The gang life is all they care about. How will you get better jobs into these areas? How do you expect Job makers to move into these ghettos and slums and invest money into a community that really does not want them there and by a local government that will not support them. They have been taught for generations now that there is no need for them to work.

Legalizing drugs will not solve the issue of gang violence or even reduce it. Its a cultural and societal issue that in order to fix, people will have to make very hard and rough choices.

Your rhetoric aside, the fact remains that many areas of the US have huge amounts of gun owners and these problems aren't happening there. And what business owner in their right mind is going to set up shop in the war zone area's of Chicago? Frankly I think the one thing they hate the most is the one thing they direly need - more policing. So in that sense, I'm all for millions being dumped in, there needs to be arrests made on a massive scale, get drug dealers off the street, get gangs off the street, and the citizens need to work with the police. But just throwing out money randomly with no sense of purpose in itself will do very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Exactly. The people who live in these areas, especially the younger ones dont give a damn about jobs. Sure there are those looking to get them selves out of there by bettering themselves, but they are not the majority. Education would help but they don't want to be educated . These hell holes like the ones i Chicago and detroit have been heavily liberal controlled for generations, and they have only become worse

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah right, well lets keep the status quo of black ghettos then, because we know the inner city blacks love living in them, right?
    They certainly don't seem to do much to want to change that...

They need a new strong figure like MLK

Instead they have rabble like Al Sharpton and BLM.

Woof....

Pretty much this lol. They are doing that classic "misdirect the story" strategy from their playbook. It really gets tiring seeing that though. I mean if a bakery doesn't want to make a cake for a gay person, it's world war 3. But people getting murdered in Chicago on just about a daily basis isn't worthy of real discussion I guess....
    Who are they going to discuss this issue with? The republicans that clearly don't care about the issue either and would rather make it worse by cutting things like welfare programs and low income housing. Because making desperate people more desperate will surely solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    They certainly don't seem to do much to want to change that...

They need a new strong figure like MLK

Instead they have rabble like Al Sharpton and BLM.

Woof....
    Look who they look up to, Rappers who rap about drugs, guns and rape... They look up to figures who tell them that they should be given stuff for free because of their color. They look up to celebrities that tell them its not their fault. What do they do to anyone in thier community that tries to better themselves? They kill them.

LEgalizing drugs wont stop street gangs. Better jobs wont stop them. The violence is not because of poverty or drugs. It because the culture and society in those areas has no family values, low morals and view human life as cheap. They do not respect anyone or anything. Maybe at one time better jobs would have helped. But these gang members today are a entirely different breed then those just 20 years ago. They kill simply to kill. They have no respect for life at all. THey don't fear death, they don't fear authority. The gang life is all they care about. How will you get better jobs into these areas? How do you expect Job makers to move into these ghettos and slums and invest money into a community that really does not want them there and by a local government that will not support them. They have been taught for generations now that there is no need for them to work.

Legalizing drugs will not solve the issue of gang violence or even reduce it. Its a cultural and societal issue that in order to fix, people will have to make very hard and rough choices.
    Everything you just said is total bullshit. How can you even think you know what every person that lives in those problem areas thinks and feels? You've done drank the retardation koolaid. I have never seen you make a sane or for that matter valid point. I don't know what your deal is but.

How do you think they will still be selling drugs if they are legalized? You really think someone would rather drive to a bad neighborhood to buy drugs VS going to a shop in a nice neighborhood?

And the only reason people join gangs over working is simple. You can make way more slinging drugs on the corner than you can at working a service job or at one of the other nonexistent jobs in those areas.

Take away their income, add in better means for them to provide for themselves and it will greatly reduce violence, reduce welfare and help to groom the next generation to follow that path. You can't just ignore the problem.

Another thing I see you talking all this nonsense but yet you offer no real solution of any kind. Is that because maybe you have no clue wtf you are talking about?

Everything you just said is total bullshit. How can you even think you know what every person that lives in those problem areas thinks and feels? You've done drank the retardation koolaid. I have never seen you make a sane or for that matter valid point. I don't know what your deal is but.

How do you think they will still be selling drugs if they are legalized? You really think someone would rather drive to a bad neighborhood to buy drugs VS going to a shop in a nice neighborhood?

And the only reason people join gangs over working is simple. You can make way more slinging drugs on the corner than you can at working a service job or at one of the other nonexistent jobs in those areas.

Take away their income, add in better means for them to provide for themselves and it will greatly reduce violence, reduce welfare and help to groom the next generation to follow that path. You can't just ignore the problem.

Another thing I see you talking all this nonsense but yet you offer no real solution of any kind. Is that because maybe you have no clue wtf you are talking about?
    Have you ever worked with inner city youth? I have.
    Have you ever dealt with Gangs ?
    What you are talking about will never happen. Legalizing all drugs is a fallacy. Weed is one thing, But Heroin , crack and meth? Not going to happen. If it did, then guess what, it will still be sold illegally the same way cigarettes are sold in the hood illegally, to avoid the taxes on it. Someone will still steal them, and sell them cheaper then some store selling them legally.

You really think job makers are going to invest money into these communities when the majority of the inhabitants will gladly burn down their neighborhood for no real reason?

The harsh reality is that to end the poverty in places like Chicago and Detroit will require forcing the people to get off government benefits and making them get job. It will require Wiping out the street gangs and strictly enforcing the laws and even expanding them. It is not a simple fix as offering them jobs. It is a matter of changing a culture. It is a matter of bringing back family values, and morality. These kids could care less about a job. They dont value their own lives, why should they value another persons life.

Tell me how have 50 years or more of Democrat policies helped these ghettos?

Who are they going to discuss this issue with? The republicans that clearly don't care about the issue either and would rather make it worse by cutting things like welfare programs and low income housing. Because making desperate people more desperate will surely solve the problem.
    I do not disagree with the idea that republicans don't often present good ways to solve the problems in area's like Chicago and can often seem uncaring. Part of the problem here is that it's by nature - they believe that the government should be minimally involved, only when really necessary or where it will clearly help, and that too much government can in fact exacerbate the problem or shift things into a new problem.

For example the housing projects in Chicago:

What started off as an idea with good intentions - to give poor people in Chicago (commonly black) an affordable place to reside, ended up creating a lot of new problems. Because of the concentration of poor people, crime became much more concentrated and in turn considerably more powerful in this area. Not only that but businesses decided to close up shop and move elsewhere since their area suddenly became a lot more dangerous. Essentially crime increased and jobs decreased, an extremely dangerous mix which inevitably increase each other.

That is not to say there should be no involvement or funding, but too often I think people go in with the idea that just giving the city money or other bland idea's will "fix things". Deciding where the funding should go is literally as important as the funding itself.

Now you may think republicans are big old meanies, but part of why the question the funding in areas like Chicago is because a lot of people get dependent on it. Worse still, sometimes it doesn't improve things. For example teen pregnancies have only increased, despite a lot of social programs being available. By using that money instead in other areas, such as by giving it to the police and making the city safer, republicans believe companies may want to come back and set up shop, creating a lot of jobs and solving a lot of problems in the process.

Of course it's not that simple, the poverty in cities like Chicago has a lot of moving parts, but that's the basic principle for republicans. And republicans don't believe we should get rid of all social services, but that they should not be so large as that people become dependent on them. And the dependency thing is a pretty opinionated matter, but from my own personal experience, it really does appear people in the slums of Chicago (and other cities) do not believe the can or should try to solve their issues alone and that they cannot do so without government assistance.