10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    What parts are you considering a mess game play wise?
    - Lack of functional Poise

- Roll-focused gameplay results in "tank" builds being largely impossible until late in the game

- Lack of poise places an absolutely stupid emphasis on "stunlock it to death before it can stunlock you to death" gameplay

- Extremely overpowered rolls result in very little punishment for poor play, especially in PvP

- Bizarre formula for absorption makes wearing heavier than medium armor pretty much pointless

- Lack of stamina regen scaling ensures there's very little reason for anyone to ever wear light armor or no armor, everyone instead wants to be at 69.9% weight load

- Guaranteed two-hit combos for all weapons is extremely odd and doesn't fit the theme of many weapons

It feels like they exercised little to no creative restraint and just felt like cramming elements from every Soulsborne game into it instead of realizing that Bloodborne doesn't really mix well with Dark Souls and trying to combine the two is extremely stupid.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    So I started over with a fresh game last night and decided to check the Knight Starter Class out. Oh wow, that one is definitely the way to go for new players. The armor, the 100% physical reduction shield, the straight sword, and the stat allocation is PERFECT. I did swap out the Longsword for the Dark BattleAxe almost immediately though, mainly because I'm not sure how I want to build this guy, and whether I want to make him my new Strength Soulsman and turn my previous character into the Wizard for NG+, or vice versa.

(for reference I typically start out as Deprived class, so having stuff at the start is new and weird)
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    snip.
    What's poise exactly? From reading peoples comments it sounds like super armor in monster hunter (you don't flinch when getting hit) but I have no idea.

The rolls / iframes in this game definitely seem a lot more forgiving than other games I've played which was surprising to me with what I had heard about the series. And I hear there's a ring that increases the iframes even more which sounds fairly shenanigans.

With endurance scaling weight load wouldn't you pretty much always be able to keep the 69.9 assuming you didn't want to just go for blocking / parrying everything? Is endurance new to this one or sumpin? Just confused what you mean there.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Oh wow, that one is definitely the way to go for new players.
    Nah screw that, I went deprived for the dark souls experience I've heard so much about not the hold my hand experience.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's poise exactly? From reading peoples comments it sounds like super armor in monster hunter (you don't flinch when getting hit) but I have no idea.

The rolls / iframes in this game definitely seem a lot more forgiving than other games I've played which was surprising to me with what I had heard about the series. And I hear there's a ring that increases the iframes even more which sounds fairly shenanigans.

With endurance scaling weight load wouldn't you pretty much always be able to keep the 69.9 assuming you didn't want to just go for blocking / parrying everything? Is endurance new to this one or sumpin? Just confused what you mean there.
    Carthus Bloodring reduces all absorption by 15 but basically doubles your iframes. It results in stuff like this.

Vitality is the stat that controls weight load. It's also the stat that increases your damage threshold for physical attacks more than any other stat, so it's a stat people want to invest in, anyway.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Carthus Bloodring reduces all absorption by 15 but basically doubles your iframes. It results in stuff like this.

Vitality is the stat that controls weight load. It's also the stat that increases your damage threshold for physical attacks more than any other stat, so it's a stat people want to invest in, anyway.
    Oh yeah right my bad, they use such odd names for stats in this. But yeah point still stands and is just further reinforced by the def scaling, seems like the staying under 70% is fairly moot cause of it existing since it determines what 70% is. It isn't like in more typical games where you just have a set weight load and what you're wearing determines what you have to gain / lose. The only trade off in this game is potentially other stats but those stats supposedly soft cap long before that really matters and yeah.

regarding ring: so yeah, shenanigans.

So is poise just super armor or wha?

Oh yeah right my bad, they use such odd names for stats in this. But yeah point still stands and is just further reinforced by the def scaling, seems like the staying under 70% is fairly moot cause of it existing since it determines what 70% is. It isn't like in more typical games where you just have a set weight load and what you're wearing determines what you have to gain / lose. The only trade off in this game is potentially other stats but those stats supposedly soft cap long before that really matters and yeah.

regarding ring: so yeah, shenanigans.

So is poise just super armor or wha?
    Basically, you would have a hidden poise bar. When you take enough damage to reduce that bar to 0, you get staggered. Usually, heavier armor would give you higher poise, resulting in you being harder to stagger. Currently, everyone has basically 1 poise hp. So you get staggered on every hit. If you're wearing full havel's, you shouldn't be able to get stunlocked to death by 3 rats. You'd get staggered every couple of hits, instead of every single one, giving you time to swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Basically, you would have a hidden poise bar. When you take enough damage to reduce that bar to 0, you get staggered. Usually, heavier armor would give you higher poise, resulting in you being harder to stagger. Currently, everyone has basically 1 poise hp. So you get staggered on every hit. If you're wearing full havel's, you shouldn't be able to get stunlocked to death by 3 rats. You'd get staggered every couple of hits, instead of every single one, giving you time to swing.
    Ahic, yeah I thought that was odd but hearing of the game being so punishing I figured that was just how it was. So it was different in previous games then? Wonder why they changed it or if it was just an oversight.

lol, people whined incessantly about chugging being incredibly hard to punish in DS2, what the fuck game were you playing? You're the classic scrub, instead of adapting you whine and accuse others of not "playing by the rules."
    Except once again if you chugged on me in DS1 or 2 it was either my fault or you got massively punished for it and likely died. Not the case in DS3. Keep making excuses for the pvp being shit because of chugging frames being reduced and hornet ring being 1 shots. You're calling me the scrub? Who again thinks they're good because they can chug in a game where it's not punishable?

What's amazing? Like seriously, I don't get it. They just copied a small piece of Anor Londo and made it look run down and frozen. I don't get it.
    I like it but thats me and my opinion.

Love the detail and how it looks now compared to before (Looked awesome then as well).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Except once again if you chugged on me in DS1 or 2 it was either my fault or you got massively punished for it and likely died. Not the case in DS3. Keep making excuses for the pvp being shit because of chugging frames being reduced and hornet ring being 1 shots. You're calling me the scrub? Who again thinks they're good because they can chug in a game where it's not punishable?
    Honestly, people should just learn and not comment on your bitching. All you do is to try and flame people and dig up shit about things people like and aggressively harass people about things that don't please you.

How about we all just ignore Tech like we're supposed to? Same thing for pizzashark. I believe we had the exact same song and dance on the dark souls 2 thread with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahic, yeah I thought that was odd but hearing of the game being so punishing I figured that was just how it was. So it was different in previous games then? Wonder why they changed it or if it was just an oversight.
    Allegedly it's literally just a flag in a config file set to 0 instead of 1, according to dataminers. I doubt it's quite THAT simple, it's probably a collection of flags and settings. I'm wondering if they didn't have time to polish and decided to set it live with only "partial poise" (hyperarmor frames and apparently roll-protection) and to finish it after launch? It would fit the "rushed out the door by the evil publisher" narrative.

Of course, it'd be nice if they just simply said "hey guys poise isn't done yet but we'll be finishing it in a post-release patch, stay tuned" but even western developers don't do that sort of stuff very much, let alone eastern developers whose internal communications are literally along the lines of "adjusted balance of greatswords."

Poise basically worked as a hidden bar like stamina. In DS1, it recovered reasonably quickly on its own - if you got hit, it would refill on its own within a few seconds whether it was drained (you were stunned) or not. DS1 poise was also "always on", it was effective even when you were standing around.

DS2 poise only worked when you were in the middle of an action - rolling, attacking, parrying, etc. So you could have 200 poise and a dagger would still stun you if you were standing still or hadn't entered the active frames of whatever animation you were doing (all animations have startup frames, active frames, and recovery frames.) This had the effect of poise being a bit more skill-involved than in DS1, since you also had to time your actions correctly to benefit from the poise - if you whiffed, you got stunned anyway because poise was no longer active, and if you waited too long, you also got stunned. DS2 poise also more or less didn't regenerate until you were stunned, at which point it was instantly refilled. IMO, it's the best system but they also input absolutely ridiculous poise damage numbers for player attacks (spear 2hR1's would do 162 poise damage, for example, when a full Havel's set only provided +130 poise) so there was a LOT of "omg poise doesn't work!" from players.

Who knows what poise is supposed to be like in DS3? They seem to be avoiding as much of DS2 as possible so I'm expecting DS1-style poise, but DS2-style would be a very pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    wut?

Massively punished how? One chug could easily outheal even a backstab, much less a running R1 and maybe an extra R1 before they can act again. I swear to god it's like you didn't even play the game. Why do you think Oroboro would always act like a noisy little cunt anytime someone chugged against him? It's because it was virtually impossible to meaningfully punish chugging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oroboro is just a POS player, he spams R1 like imbecile since DS1, it's known that his knight build was stupid on DS1, look, if obobobo doesnt know how to use the loyd talisman after 3 fucking games and HE STILL CHUGS ON INVASIONS then he deserves what he gets.

DS3 has a broken poise system, someone managed to hack into the game and "restore" poise
    https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/...overy_about_a/

Wanna know why the guy in the vid didnt get staggered? because he was fighting vs hollows whilst having an extremely high poise gear + wolf ring if im not mistaken, wolf ring sucks in ds3 due to how bad poise is, estoc is just broken.

To be honest if we would get a DS2-2 i'd be more excited than a new miyazaki directed game, mechanics are bad in ds3 and certain areas were really really poorly designed, bonfires were a-plenty JUST like in DS2.
    Last edited by barackopala; 2016-04-27 at 11:13 PM.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    What level and weapon level are you? I haven't gotten a single blueberry or watchdog summon my entire playthrough.
    There's apparently a bug that causes issues with covenant invades/summons. My brother was able to get covenant summons/invades easily where as I have never been invaded once by a covenant. I can sit in Aldrich invade spot embered, afk for a few hours and come back completely fine. Same happened with Wolf invasion areas, never got invaded once.
    Flip side is I can't invade with em either. I've been able to invade as Aldrich on one character but not the other, but neither was able to invade at watchdog.
    Invading as a dark spirit and getting summoned as sun bro however do work. It makes no sense, so whatever.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-04-27 at 11:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently they are increasing the summoning range for Darkmoon Blades and Blue Sentinels tomorrow. Not sure if that's going to quite fix it, but we'll see.

Lots of things being fixed tomorrow:
    We received your patronage the From Software than daily Thank you very much.

DARK SOULS Niokimashite Ⅲ (PlayStation4 / Xbox One / Windows ),
    we have planned the delivery of a new regulation ver1.06 to adjust the game balance.

[Date]
    2016 April 28 (Thursday) delivery schedule
    [Platforms]
    PlayStation4, Xbox One, Windows
    [Items that are the main modifications and adjustment]
    Pledge "sword of Kratky", adjust the matching level width of the "blue of the guardian"
    Adjust the performance of the "dagger" category
    Performance adjustment of the "double-sword" category
    Adjust the performance of the "magic" category
    Other modifications of some of the balance adjustment and the failure phenomenon
    After this latest regulation applies, each version representation of the title upper left corner of the screen will be as follows.
    Ver 1.04 App
    Regulation Ver 1.06
    http://www.darksouls.jp/information.html

App Ver 1.04
    Regulation Ver 1.05
    Rough translation:
    Fixed a bug where you might not get items properly while accessing a covenant when a player joins your game.
    Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.
    Made the requirement for joining the Rosaria's Fingers less strict.
    Fixed a bug when teleporting to Untended Graves.
    Amended an issue where kicks were being parried.
    Fixed a bug where Crystal Sage would not re-appear after warping in.
    Fixed a bug where Dragonslayer Armour would die on its own before you fight.
    Fixed a bug where Knight Slayer Tsorig would continue to gesture.
    Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.
    Fixed a bug where, when wearing a ring that increases Max HP, the change would not be reflected in some menus.
    Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would show (or not show) according to the settings.
    Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would continue to display when HUD display is set to AUTO.
    (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can't access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.
    (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.
    Fine tuned various other things, fine tune performance, and corrected various bugs.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/...ril_25th_2016/

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a requirement for joining Rosaria's Fingers? I thought you just talked to the lady.

The bug with Siegward and Greirat actually effected me. Feelsbadman.

At least you didn't let Siegward die :P
    And yes, it's a bit of req, not a huge one though.

What's "adjust the performance of X category" mean?

Also just fought crystal sage, really odd fight. First boss / big monster fight where the goal seemed to just run at it slashing without regard for ones safety.

It's pretty easy, but if you get unlucky with a dodge he can 1shot you.

I honestly don't think he got to attack me besides the one time clones were up and one set of the what is it 4 or 5 orbs that show up around his head.

Just charged him and spammed left click and he fell over. Went into the first pull all cautious like any other fight expecting overzealousness to be punished, and apparently its the opposite on that fight. Then just charged and facerolled the second pull, weird fight.

So we have any idea what "adjust the performance of X category" means? I'm hoping its a positive thing because I really want to use double swords, would love some good news.