10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellabel View Post
    You're on the money. If *snip* is beyond the legal reach of Blizzard it will open the flood gates. This is becoming a real mess man.
    It WILL be a mess. Afaic, they are beyond Blizzard's reach. Worse, they can allow paid service in a "legit" fashion - Czech Republic isn't exactly what I call within reach for Blizzard.

This is utterly stupid. People are making money on Blizzard's assets because Blizzard is too stubborn to make a damned server of their own. This is not going to be pleasant for anybody.

Hopefully Blizzard will be able to flesh out a pristine/legacy server before it goes out of hands.

Also, it's not allowed to post Private servers name. Just a heads up
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    #YouThinkWeCareButWeDont

But really, nobody cares about your illegal server.
    I agree...have fun playing old content.

Onward to Legion baby!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    #YouThinkWeCareButWeDont

But really, nobody cares about your illegal server.
    the 5000+ people waiting in queue do, apparently.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Pay special attention that while it was (probably padded) 15,000 online on their PvP server, there was less than 3,000 on their PvE server. Those who want to play on legacy server do not want to experience the classic content; they want only to gank and grief other players (for free).
    lmao dude, go hide in a corner - legit that was the dumbest thing I've read in 2016 congrats

Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    May I ask what 'REAL PVP GAMES" are? Cannot say I have come across any that I would lose equipment from participating in PvP.
    EvE online?

Linage 2 comes to my mind also. Losing gear is a controversial issue, but there are other penalities for death in pvp mmo´s like losing gold...xp...etc, this can be punishing depending on how easy it is to gain such things.

Black Desert Online, Albino Online, Darkfall, Archage, Tera....and many more, there is no lack of PvP games who center their endgame around PvP in general. I did however enjoy the open world pvp in vanialla WoW and before flying came along. It just added another layer to the world and made it more interesting.

Deleted
    won't blizzard make money off of vanilla servers? then whats their problem?

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by burken View Post
    won't blizzard make money off of vanilla servers? then whats their problem?
    If you've read basically anything on this subject ever, ever that first question isn't an automatic yes. That's the point. That's one of the many problems Blizzard is saying they see with the concept. Would it be profitable, would it be sustainable and would it be worth the amount of time and effort it could take from the main game just to get it off the ground?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loxi4s View Post
    On the other hand, I think that keeping just one subscription for both current and Legacy WoW would help quell some of the fears most anti-Legacy advocates have at the moment - that legacy servers would hurt the game that they're playing. I'm pretty confident that a ton of players would bounce between the two, and sub numbers would go up in general.
    That's what I believe as well. Optional legacy servers would be great for the health of the overall game, and would actually spur more investment in new expansions (because there are more players).

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    That's what I believe as well. Optional legacy servers would be great for the health of the overall game, and would actually spur more investment in new expansions (because there are more players).
    Hell no! Separate sub, if it cant stand on its own it should fail hard and not leach from retail wow. I would rather have 1 extra 5 man, daily hub or raid then whole that vanilla nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    the 5000+ people waiting in queue do, apparently.
    Wow a whole 5000 people! That's just..so many I can't even fathom!

Are you also buying all that shiny loot and mounts and such?

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    Hell no! Separate sub, if it cant stand on its own it should fail hard and not leach from retail wow. I would rather have 1 extra 5 man, daily hub or raid then whole that vanilla nonsense.
    It really depends on how many players would actually play both Live and legacy servers at the same time.

We need a conclusive way to measure it.

Deleted
    As for your first point about "failing on it's own and not leeching from retail WoW", I'd have to say you're focusing on the extreme negative of the idea without paying any mind to the upside. That upside being the (possibly) huge surge in overall subscription numbers, and the amount of people who will play both versions of the game, meaning more players for current WoW too.

As for the second point about an extra dungeon / daily hub / raid... I have to say it again. There are multiple teams within Blizzard. If they do legacy servers, it won't be the same team working on new content for new expansions. Legacy servers will have zero impact on the amount of content that you, as someone not playing legacy servers, will have to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    It really depends on how many players would actually play both Live and legacy servers at the same time.

We need a conclusive way to measure it.
    We really dont. Let it stand on its own, i don't want 1% of my sub going for it not really hard to understand.

Deleted
    We really dont. Let it stand on its own, i don't want 1% of my sub going for it not really hard to understand.
    Obviously we have a difference of opinion, but we haven't reached an impasse.

As for your first point about "failing on it's own and not leeching from retail WoW", I'd have to say you're focusing on the extreme negative of the idea without paying any mind to the upside. That upside being the (possibly) huge surge in overall subscription numbers, and the amount of people who will play both versions of the game, meaning more players for current WoW too.
    There is nothing to suggest there will be any huge surge of players except forum noise, all you have is lame ass 250k petition which for all we know can be 10k people signing it 25 times each and from what i saw on this forum i'm 100% sure many are doing just that.
    As for the second point about an extra dungeon / daily hub / raid... I have to say it again. There are multiple teams within Blizzard. If they do legacy servers, it won't be the same team working on new content for new expansions. Legacy servers will have zero impact on the amount of content that you, as someone not playing legacy servers, will have to enjoy.
    If its on same sub that means % of all subs goes to vanilla team instead of retail, just separate sub and problem solved.

There is nothing to suggest there will be any huge surge of players except forum noise, all you have is lame ass 250k petition which for all we know can be 10k people signing it 25 times each and from what i saw on this forum i'm 100% sure many are doing just that.

If its on same sub that means % of all subs goes to vanilla team instead of retail, just separate sub and problem solved.
    There are a lot of pro-legacy people saying a separate sub is great and I certainly would sign up for it. However, I suspect Blizz would not do it that way. A lot of the value would be getting former players back into the game, once there they might restart live WoW. Also, there would be value for Blizzard if they released each new legacy server a year into expansions. People already subbed have one more reason to stay that way.

Whatever decision they would make in this scenario, its going to be based on overall profitability, not on what you think your individual subscription fee is being used for.

Deleted
    No, I'm not personally signing the petition multiple times. Are there some who have been? I'm sure, but to say the 'real' number is around 10k when there are 250k signatures overall is kinda dumb. Are people being vocal on forums, Twitter etc? Absolutely. I also think there is a massive unvocal majority that, at the very least, are wanting to try legacy servers. How large that number is, is what Blizzard needs to figure out. There's zero business in this world without risk.

I'm not sure what your point is here. Are you saying that sub money = more development?

Quote Originally Posted by Marakesh View Post
    Whatever decision they would make in this scenario, its going to be based on overall profitability, not on what you think your individual subscription fee is being used for.
    Oh i agree with that 100% they already said it multiple times on wall of no that they don't think it will pay off but horde of armchair developers is saying otherwise its not like blizzard has team of professionals for that

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure what your point is here. Are you saying that sub money = more development?
    I'm saying resources are finite both in staff and money, they doubled wow team and we still got massive content drought so if we add 1 more team for vanilla that is using same resources as other teams it is bound to affect retail negatively.

I'm saying it again i have 0 problems with legacy servers if they can make it separate sub and if its not affecting amount and release speed of main game content.

Deleted
    I'm saying resources are finite both in staff and money, they doubled wow team and we still got massive content drought so if we add 1 more team for vanilla that is using same resources as other teams it is bound to affect retail negatively.

I'm saying it again i have 0 problems with legacy servers if they can make it separate sub and if its not affecting amount and release speed of main game content.
    Okay. How would having a separate sub fix this issue? Am I missing something?

Edit: Oh, so you are saying that the sub goes back into development. No. Blizzard have a budget that they can use on WoW - that won't change depending on how many subs they have.

Okay. How would having a separate sub fix this issue? Am I missing something?
    Lets say if its separate sub legacy server+staff cost 250k per month to run and on start they are earning 350k and its all fine it works and it pays for itself then after 2 months that number falls to 100k so now it cant pay for itself its not profitable and it will be closed most likely.

In case its on same sub as retail wow its failure would be masked by all other subs meaning it would take money to run from other parts of game.