Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    So what's the chance that the cops went into the bathroom because another women who had been using it misidentified the woman as a man and reported it as such? Also seems like people completely missed that the first cop in the video is a female and is actually stating that the person in question had no ID before they started mouthing off and the first male cop asked if they were a man or had ID to prove otherwise.
    Since when do you require ID to use the bathroom?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    "her" mannerisms are bothering me a lot. Put your fuckin arms down when you talk.
    We should ream her for cultural appropriation of inner city teenagers

A wonderful use of police time, I'm hoping the people of NC are appreciating this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Let them use the bathroom? Figure out if they're actually a boy or man before shoving people against a wall? Stop freaking the fuck out that every man is a rapist perv?

There's a lot of options here, none of which require showing ID or genitals to use the bathroom. Especially when other people are telling you that you're wrong and they are, in fact, a girl.
    How would they find out the gender? I assume that the police do not just go into random bathrooms of the opposite gender so someone must have complained. What is so wrong about asking the person to step out for a chat?

They didn't assume every man is a rapist perv but they assumed that a man in the woman's washroom was probably a perv.

You could argue against the need for segregated washrooms but while its still a thing the police have to respond to complaints.

Deleted
    I mean, it might be the end of the world when I'm looking through the cracks of the bathroom stalls if I see a guy's back instead of people staring at me angrily. But with a guy I can watch for longer before he notices me!
    Clearly. Bathrooms are serious business. NC has luckily noticed that and stocked up on laws where it really was necessary!

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    How would they find out the gender? I assume that the police do not just go into random bathrooms of the opposite gender so someone must have complained. What is so wrong about asking the person to step out for a chat?

They didn't assume every man is a rapist perv but they assumed that a man in the woman's washroom was probably a perv.

You could argue against the need for segregated washrooms but while its still a thing the police have to respond to complaints.
    "respond to complaints" != Pushing someone against a wall and demanding ID for using the bathroom. Seriously, at that point they're saying either don't use the bathroom (because.. you know.. ACTUALLY a problem to use the men's restroom) or flash me to use the bathroom. That's not within the scope of anything the police are authorized to do.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ironically, if it was a Man and they just let him go in there, people would complain the Cops didn't do anything.

While he was a bit stupid, its one of those damned if he does situations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because you could get a fake ID that showed you as the opposite gender, so ID can't be trusted!

Christ.
    I dunno where you're from but Driver Licenses around here now have a mini holographic photo of yourself on them, not so easily faked.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    No ID available to show, gotta be judged based on looks.

Better safe than sorry.

Next time be less OG and carry some ID, yo! Dawg!
    Sorry, but we live in a society where people aren't forced to carry ID around with them at all times. Unless you're doing something that requires some sort of ID (e.g., driving) then cops have no right to demand ID and last I checked, you don't need to be licensed to use a washroom.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I HATE "dont put your hands on a girl". If I got up in a cops face like that, I would be on the ground. SO should the ornery woman.

Was this unjust, certainly, this is fucking America you dont need papers with you every where. But at the incident is not the time to dispute, leave and get a lawyer.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl Dixon View Post
    I dunno where you're from but Driver Licenses around here now have a mini holographic photo of yourself on them, not so easily faked.
    Is this a joke post? Or do you think they're heavily scrutinizing all IDs to make sure they're 100% perfect to the DMV version (the mini holograph can be faked still) when checking for gender to use the bathroom?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    And? The officer had no authority to demand them to leave the restroom. A cop cannot just walk up to you say "Jump!" and when you don't you get arrested.
    Only the officer DID have authority to do this. They weren't in public, they were in some sort of private property. Someone had to have called or ask them to remove them. At the point when asked for identification while in public, or someone else'e private property that doesn't want you there (their reason does not matter legally), and you can't produce identification, you're lucky to not be arrested on the spot. Take your free pass and get the fuck out.

Is this shit for real? I don't even know where to begin.

So not being feminine enough is now a crime that warrants physical force by the police?

I just... just hit the big red button that says self destruct now please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Sorry, but we live in a society where people aren't forced to carry ID around with them at all times. Unless you're doing something that requires some sort of ID (e.g., driving) then cops have no right to demand ID and last I checked, you don't need to be licensed to use a washroom.
    You do need ID in public in the states. Not sure what society you live in.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    Only the officer DID have authority to do this. They weren't in public, they were in some sort of private property. Someone had to have called or ask them to remove them. At the point when asked for identification while in public, or someone else'e private property that doesn't want you there (their reason does not matter legally), and you can't produce identification, you're lucky to not be arrested on the spot. Take your free pass and get the fuck out.
    You can't be legally arrested for not having ID...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the officer would have been justified in shooting them for wearing a hat indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    looks, talks and acts like a boy/man, + policeman asked for proof and when none where provided, he is forced to get "him" out of there. I don't see a problem at all with this.
    You shouldn't need an ID to use a public restroom. And considering it is now illegal for said woman to use a men's restroom, she then isn't allowed to use ANY bathroom.

This whole thing is fucking ridiculous. It's a public restroom. Women have individual stalls, so even if a man went in there, what's the big deal? North Carolina is chasing a strawman here. Not protecting a single god-damned person.

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Police is in charge of kicking out people from the bathrooms?

I would understand if the person was causing trouble, but as far as we can see the person was not doing anything upsetting?

You do need ID in public in the states. Not sure what society you live in.
    The only place I can think of off-hand would be Arizona, and even there I don't' believe it's at all times.