Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teclis View Post
    Yes, give us blue fire glyph!
    Would be epicness!
    Yes, we need it, it is epic and it is necessary, obligatory!
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    The dude I was replying to is the one that brought up the graphics from TBC, not me.
    This is the only time Illidan has demonstrated blue flames.
    One time is enough. Blue flames such a beautifyl glyph option mmm wonderful wild flames of prettiness and power. We should get it

7+ Year Old Account
    Since the blue fire is either a product of arcane energy or fire spawned/fed by souls I guess we'll see it sooner or later the bigger question is which class will get it, besides that I'd rather see another Questline like the felfire for warlocks.

Honestly, I feel like we're already going to be "flavour of the month" class for some time. We do need another "fancy" option.

Also, on a more "Lore" element, there's absolutely no reason we should get blue flames. We're fel magic users, not arcane magic wielders. I know, it all comes down to "how did Illidan master fel magic". But it feels like we're, in theory, more like melee using warlock magic, rather than using arcane magic. If any class should get arcane magic, it's the mage warriors units, like the Spell Breakers, if ever they become a reality.

It's like, every class has a color identity. They do not have to match their color class. But priest is white or black light. Druids are Yellow/Blue. Palladins are yellow light / silver, Death Knights are light blue, etc. And, that color always comes from a more larger theme, like Druids are Nature, Shams elementals, DK Death, etc. There are neither a "color" nor an "element/theme" that could justify a blue flame. Knowing the colors are here to create a stronger identity, I don't see what could justify a blue flame, when we're already fel green / purple. Blue seems too "pure" for a demonic class.

I wouldn't mind more diversity within the same class, but I really don't see that happening. But that's just IMO.

The dude I was replying to is the one that brought up the graphics from TBC, not me.
    This is the only time Illidan has demonstrated blue flames.
    yeah my bad, had multiple tabs open and quoted the wrong post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feralica View Post
    Up to this point in my life, this is my favourite sentence that i have seen written down on internet. It's just so unnecessary to type this in online conversation. I love it.

On topic: Am i the only one who thinks blue fire in general would look super awkward and.. unnatural? I've heard people ask for mages to get it as well but i just can't picture it looking good. Blue fire = no-no, in my opinion.
    Blue fire.. unnatural? You mean like the gas fire which is blue? So, you see green fire normal over blue?

https://www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/AstronPh...BlueFlame0.jpg

Even turning the new updated fire particles blue wouldn't create a pleasant effect, it's just not the right thing you expect.

Blue fire worked in Icecrown Citadel (and other select undead areas) because it was set in a blue zone and you expected it to be "cold", it's like the undead version of flames. Demon Hunter fire is not supposed to be cold. It would not look right.
    Nothing about blue fire is "cold". It is literally the hottest part of a normal flame.

I know that's how it works in real life, but in Warcraft it has been given that visual association.

Deleted
    I know that's how it works in real life, but in Warcraft it has been given that visual association.
    no mate, Illidan was the first who did em hot blues so don't know where yo get your association like ya know

Even turning the new updated fire particles blue wouldn't create a pleasant effect, it's just not the right thing you expect.

Blue fire worked in Icecrown Citadel (and other select undead areas) because it was set in a blue zone and you expected it to be "cold", it's like the undead version of flames. Demon Hunter fire is not supposed to be cold. It would not look right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

If you want my opinion, the blue abyssal looks pretty shit too.

In fictional media, blue lighting generally either indicates things that are futuristic or supernatural (in the "ghosts" sense rather than the "demons" sense).
    You could argue correctly that Demon Hinters actually do deal on spirits which they eat to heal themselves, but I just can't get past the fact that turning the demon hunter fire particles blue would look... ugly. It has everywhere else they've been used in the game, apart from areas specifically designed to be lit that way.

You're almost correct- SOULS specifically in this case.

Those things demon hunters use to fuel their power in game now. And personally, I love the blue flames. I don't think DH has any pressing need for it but I'd like it as an option since it's been mentioned.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Nope.
    Blue fire fits better for Mages, at least i see Blue Fire as something more associated with Arcane magic.

We use Demonic power, we use Fel power, we are Green by default. I Know Illidan does have Blue Fire, but that could be because he was always a Spellcaster. Not necessarily a Demon Hunter Thing.

i wouldn't mind having the option to use Blue Fire, but i won't use it. Would rather see Mages gettin a Blue Fire.

And, sincerely, while Fel Fire for Warlocks are awesome in general. i Think the implementation as a "Just turns your color green" Suck. Fel fire was supposed to be "better" than regular fire. Would like it more if i had a Cooldown with increased damage for all my spells, and for the duration they all would be green.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    Nope.
    Blue fire fits better for Mages, at least i see Blue Fire as something more associated with Arcane magic.

We use Demonic power, we use Fel power, we are Green by default. I Know Illidan does have Blue Fire, but that could be because he was always a Spellcaster. Not necessarily a Demon Hunter Thing.

i wouldn't mind having the option to use Blue Fire, but i won't use it. Would rather see Mages gettin a Blue Fire.

And, sincerely, while Fel Fire for Warlocks are awesome in general. i Think the implementation as a "Just turns your color green" Suck. Fel fire was supposed to be "better" than regular fire. Would like it more if i had a Cooldown with increased damage for all my spells, and for the duration they all would be green.
    Arcane fire would be more of a purple. Blue fits soul fire something that is more than aligned with Demon Hunters. Eat eat eat and swoosh boosh blue kashabang

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Arcane fire would be more of a purple. Blue fits soul fire something that is more than aligned with Demon Hunters. Eat eat eat and swoosh boosh blue kashabang
    I didn't mean "Arcane Fire", but Regular Fire boosted in Heat by Arcane. I Would see it becoming blue. While Fire boosted by Fel is already Green. You can't put Fel into a fire and make it blue.

I Know Illidan used Blue Fire on alot of his spells, but i just don't get Why. i think whoever did the effects just didn't care and liked blue. My best guest is that his Blue Fire was just because he used to be a Spellcaster, if i would explain it lorewise.

Wouldn't mind havin the option for blue fire, but i would be disappointed if there isn't a good explanation for it.

I Know Illidan used Blue Fire on alot of his spells, but i just don't get Why. i think whoever did the effects just didn't care and liked blue. My best guest is that his Blue Fire was just because he used to be a Spellcaster, if i would explain it lorewise.

Wouldn't mind havin the option for blue fire, but i would be disappointed if there isn't a good explanation for it.
    It's because a lot of creatures in black temple were using the Reliquary of Souls as a power source. Soul based magic is blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It's because a lot of creatures in black temple were using the Reliquary of Souls as a power source. Soul based magic is blue.
    Well, that does make sense. Since Reliquary were alot of Blueish stuff. And Souls are in general blue.
    However, i'm pretty sure Blizzard use Purple/Pink for Soul based magic. Or at least all of Soul Spells affliction are Purple/Pink. While Arcane magic is Purple/Blue.

Well, that does make sense. Since Reliquary were alot of Blueish stuff. And Souls are in general blue.
    However, i'm pretty sure Blizzard use Purple/Pink for Soul based magic. Or at least all of Soul Spells affliction are Purple/Pink. While Arcane magic is Purple/Blue.
    All the fire when you fight the soul warden as a warlock on class quest is blue iirc, this goes along with illidans and supremus (an infernal powered by the reliquary) fire all being blue.

Afflictions magic is purple and a fair argument as they also make use of souls for power, but I think blue has a fair argument within lore & previous mechanics (and would be a personal preference)

I posted the suggestion to make a "Blue Fire" quest like warlocks had a green fire quest in the alpha suggestion forum:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743734397#10

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    I posted the suggestion to make a "Blue Fire" quest like warlocks had a green fire quest in the alpha suggestion forum:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743734397#10
    Now that absolutely isn't going to happen. A glyph to change some spell effects, even if I don't like it, possible.
    An exclusive questline in an expansion when they're already making exclusive questlines for every class? And for something not at all iconic to demon hunters? No chance.

Now that absolutely isn't going to happen. A glyph to change some spell effects, even if I don't like it, possible.
    An exclusive questline in an expansion when they're already making exclusive questlines for every class? And for something not at all iconic to demon hunters? No chance.
    Can't hurt to ask. And you could argue it IS iconic because the strongest DH we've fought used blue fire.