Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'm guessing he wants to step up his routine to 100 mount clears a week. At one point he was doing lfr (along with various mount runs) on 30 chars I believe
    @Esploratore i don't know how you keep this up man.
    You make me look more hardcore than I am (in mount farming ofc): yes, I rotationally did lfr in mop on 30 dks to get the 530 item level required to solo madness 10 normal (back before patch, back when solo took almost till enrage, 15 mins) for blazing drake, but each week I think I only did 4-5, mop lfr was very time consuming compared to wod, no way I'd have fit 30 lfr in a single week!

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Why would you lose character slots when they merge realms? Those with (e.g.) 5 realms connected is 1:5, that frees up 4 slots to make new characters. Delete the ones on, say, Alonus, Anachronos, Kul Tiras, Eonar - and just have ONE char on Blade's Edge. That's 4 extra characters you can make right there. There's what, like 107 realms, and a shitload of them are connected? One of them is like 10 all in 1, too. You should have more than enough space with two accounts. That alone brings it safely under the 100 realms, and thus 2 accounts needed.
    This is wrong, you didn't understand what I said: there are 103 realms excluding russians NOW, they were about 200 before connections, there's no more space saved, you need more than 2 accounts to have chars on every realm.

Yes, your point stands of deleting chars, but like I said, can't lose my statistics of chars played since 2.013 in the case of the ones quoted.

----

Didn't know you could make chars on russian realms, that makes the situation even worse, since there's 119 realms then, and like someone above me said, the 50 characters cap has been there since 2.004: while not a lot of people may have hit it, if you do a couple of maths you will notice how, while in vanilla it was impossible to level 50 characters to cap, with how quick levelling is now, even as a casual you might be able to level 50 chars to cap in a single year if you only do that in your wow time.

A little update in 12 years wouldn't hurt, that's my thought, but the ones with this issue are still a minority, that's why blizzard doesn't increase it, and I think 3rd account is a bit too much to cover the last 20% of the realms.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2016-04-27 at 03:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    No. They added a slot per realm.. but the account cap remains at 50.
    That's a shame, i have currently 11 level 90+ characters on my main server an probably 5 more on others. My goal is to have one of every class horde + alliance. Yet obviously i want more characters for various reasons too.

They should increase the limit.

Yes, the limit is just old, but reason I made this thread is I heard some rumors of 65 character cap in legion, so was hoping they were true.

To add to my previous post, my main issue is I can't delete chars I used since 2.013, I like statistics, would lose all time played, all kills, everything, they're level 100 and moderately geared, surely enough to do 25 hcs efficiently.

The solution here would be moving all chars on the realms I have more than 1 to other realms, leaving only 1 on the realm they were in ofc, but it'd cost so many real money, if I could move them with gold I'd do that rather than deleting them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiren View Post
    That's a shame, i have currently 11 level 90+ characters on my main server an probably 5 more on others. My goal is to have one of every class horde + alliance. Yet obviously i want more characters for various reasons too.

There will be twelve classes in Legion. One on each faction is 24. That's less than half the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    To add to my previous post, my main issue is I can't delete chars I used since 2.013, I like statistics, would lose all time played, all kills, everything, they're level 100 and moderately geared, surely enough to do 25 hcs efficiently.

The solution here would be moving all chars on the realms I have more than 1 to other realms, leaving only 1 on the realm they were in ofc, but it'd cost so many real money, if I could move them with gold I'd do that rather than deleting them.
    Sure you can. Just write those statistics down and save them elsewhere. Though i rather doubt you've been playing those characters for over two thousand years.

As for solutions, maybe you should spend some time considering whether the problem is really something caused by the game, and not by other factors, like yourself.

"To add to my previous post, my main issue is I can't delete chars I used since 2.013, I like statistics, would lose all time played, all kills, everything, they're level 100 and moderately geared, surely enough to do 25 hcs efficiently."

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Sure you can. Just write those statistics down and save them elsewhere. Though i rather doubt you've been playing those characters for over two thousand years.

As for solutions, maybe you should spend some time considering whether the problem is really something caused by the game, and not by other factors, like yourself.
    Who said FOR two thousands years? I said for 3 years, or since 2.013.

There are different ways people make gold, right? There's boosting teams, there's tcg mount sellers, there's garrison farmers, raid farmers etc., obviously it's not like covering all realms is gonna be required to make the gold I need for BMAH in legion, but it sure is annoying having to choose what realms to leave out, you can't say I didn't do the effort and expect blizzard to give stuff to me, else I would still have 1 account, instead I use 2, but I think making (and keeping active) a 3rd account for the last 20% of realms is a bit excessive when blizzard could have just changed a value: max characters on account from 50 to 60 or 65 and it'd have been fine.

And keep in mind the old cap has been there since 2.004, you can't compare the time required to level 50 characters to 60 in vanilla with the time to level 50 characters to 100 now!

---

I think the only real possibility here is another round of connected realms in legion, after people start to leave again: realistically now I could only take 25 realms on first account and got 2 free slots, 1 always has to be free to flip stuff off realm, so including 2nd that's 76 out of 103 non-russians: I see 15 high and medium-high pop realms where I don't have chars yet, so if blizzard decided to do another round of connections these 15 are most likely gonna stay unconnected, so I'd have to make a char on each of them and leave the other 27 out, in that case the 27 lower pop realms I leave out will be connected to each other and in some occasions with realms I already have a character on, this would probably only leave out 5 realms or so at best case, but depends on the size of the connection.

All in all a 3rd account would be worthwhile considering that, as someone said, even the currently 16 russian realms could be taken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    You can play on Russian servers with an EU account, you just need to download the Russian client. Unless they changed something very recently, that is.

It's a little annoying, because you have to exit WoW and battle.net app to swtich between them
    Just a thing: if I made a 3rd one with russian client, would the stuff I get on it (mount, pets etc.) be shared with other eu ones?
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2016-04-28 at 02:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Mounts, pets, achievements etc. get recorded to your BN. You can safely delete characters you earned a rare mount on. I got a GM to restore my old Paladin, who got the Blue Drake from the bag in Oculus ages ago, learned the mount and then deleted it again. Still able to use that mount. You can try it yourself - there is the "undelete" button on your character screen (usable once every 30(?) days) if it makes you feel better.
    Well my problem is that i have 2 Bnet accounts so they are recorded to my account indeed but if i want to get these things in the other account have to transfer the toon who have obtain it.Ofc most good reason to keep some toons its because transmog gear but once legion steps up i will say goodbye on some of them because all gear will be recorded in to account

Who said FOR two thousands years? I said for 3 years, or since 2.013.
    It's now 2016. 2.013 was 2014 years ago on the 5th of January.

And you should really consider if you're not maybe spending far more time than is healthy on a game. Or anything else, for that matter. What you're doing borders on obsession, if it isn't already neckdeep in it.

instead I use 2, but I think making (and keeping active) a 3rd account for the last 20% of realms is a bit excessive when blizzard could have just changed a value: max characters on account from 50 to 60 or 65 and it'd have been fine.
    A multimillion dollar company changing a limit solely to acquiesce your needs is less excessive than you maintaining an additional account? I have a hard time believing that.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's now 2016. 2.013 was 2014 years ago on the 5th of January.

And you should really consider if you're not maybe spending far more time than is healthy on a game. Or anything else, for that matter. What you're doing borders on obsession, if it isn't already neckdeep in it.

A multimillion dollar company changing a limit solely to acquiesce your needs is less excessive than you maintaining an additional account? I have a hard time believing that.
    Really having issues cause I write 2.013 instead of 2013? It's pretty obvious I didn't mean 2 thousands years ago...

No, I'm not spending more time than I did the past years on this, in fact I'm pretty bored of it, especially if I can't level chars any more, that's why I got a 2nd account.

Not only my needs, there are a few people who are character capped, and again I made this thread cause someone said char cap had been increased to 65 or more, so asked if it was true, not to ask blizzard to change it, since I know we are a too small minority for blizzard, however if they HAD already changed it, it sure would've been important for me.

Here it is where I read it: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...triction/page4, post 75.

You would be surprised at how many characters I've rolled over the course of 11 years. There are a lot of reasons why people hit the character cap and just having one of every class is 11 slots, 12 with the addition of Demon Hunters in Legion, and you can double that to 24 if you want to see both horde and alliance sides. People roll multiple characters for professions so they are self sufficient or farming mounts on multiple raid lockouts.

Now that most achievements, mounts, and pets are account wide and transmogrification is going account wide and leveling is pretty painless with heirlooms, you don't tend to lose that much progress on a leveled character so I more often than not just rolled a new character on a new server rather than paying high transfer fees to Blizzard to get off a dead one. I have a lot of lvl 70, 80, 90 characters just floating around that I just got tired of or didn't like the server.

With that being said I think the cap at 50 now is still enough but I wish they would uncap the servers at 11 characters and let us put as many characters on a server as we wanted up to the 50 cap, cause now that I've found a server I like its now a problem having all the classes I want to play on there.
    Last edited by Alphard; 2016-04-28 at 08:42 PM.

Just a thing: if I made a 3rd one with russian client, would the stuff I get on it (mount, pets etc.) be shared with other eu ones?
    That I wouldn't know, I'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by Seiren View Post

I agree.... now that 7 million people have finally came to their senses and quit... there should be no limits on a dying game. Give the remaining people something to do for $15 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    That I wouldn't know, I'm afraid
    Ah, too bad; well, I will fix 2nd account properly now, as in some gold to flip stuff on every single realm I make characters on, and then will evaluate if it's the case to get a 3rd account, a 3rd would really be plenty since there's 103 eu non-russian realms and 16 russians, even having a few realms with multiple chars, and seeing the population is overall going down, if they get to connect some more realms, I might be just fine with 2 accounts (covering 95% of realms is fine, don't need 100, but 80 isn't).

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate how I made my home realm on one of the few not connected. I want more than 12 characters that can send mail to eachother. Transferring would be expensive.