Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's fiction. Go to any bookstore and you'll find yourself much more egregious displays of rape and worse throughout the fiction aisles. This isn't a real issue, it's just fiction.

And they do not promote it, but emphasize how absolutely terrible it is.

For fuck sake...blaming a TV show for someone making a terrible decision to do something terrible. Hold the person doing the crime accountable.

Stop this scapegoat bullshit.

Deleted
    People aren't happy unless they are complaining about something. That is the western culture these days. Somehow shows and games with violence in them promote viewers to commit violence and other unspeakable crimes but if i was to play fifa I doubt the same people would argue that this promotes me to be a professional athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    KKK? No wait, Republicans? Don't tell me, it's the poor? Has to be the poor. Dirty peasants.
    Nope Think outside of the U.S. ! Last hint.

Tennisace thread. Talking about imagined problems. Rhetorical. Pretty sure I just hit the BINGO with this one.

GoT doesn't promote rape culture, this is stupid and nonsensical.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    But, it is their culture, and like, all cultures are equal, bigot. And also, it is the US's fault. So yea, don't go there, hatemonger.
    Wait how is it the US' fault that another group of people has a rape culture?

Its pretty damn big double standard when people throw around that US has a rape culture all the time yet the minute someone puts that label on another culture or society its BAN CITY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone give me a definition of "rape culture"? I've seen it used a lot on these forums, and yet the meaning still evades me.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Tennisace threads, always full of stories about sheltered women with no real life issues.

Did they raise a stink about Oz?

Deleted
    This week's best SJW stuff

http://twitter.com/search?q=%23TrigglyPuff&src=typd

cute
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2016-04-28 at 04:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped watching GoT because of the rape garbage. In hindsight I should have ditched the series as soon as Theon fell captive. My bad for not listening to my gut instinct.

All GoT has done is made rape apologists come out by the dozens and defend with their dying breath why Jaime is really a good guy! or it really wasn't rape for Sansa! ugh. Take half of this thread as a good example.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I stopped watching GoT because of the rape garbage. In hindsight I should have ditched the series as soon as Theon fell captive. My bad for not listening to my gut instinct.

All GoT has done is made rape apologists come out by the dozens and defend with their dying breath why Jaime is really a good guy! or it really wasn't rape for Sansa! ugh. Take half of this thread as a good example.
    What are you babbling about?? GoT represents medieval society which wasn't exactly PC, but uber violent, deal with or stfu.

Probably the most obvious tennisace troll thread in memory.

Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    I don't know what this rape culture means. Is there any culture that accepts rape?
    Yes. Poor places in middle east and Africa. In South Africa teens even answered in a questionnaire that it's okay to rape someone if they disagree with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    What are you babbling about?? GoT represents medieval society which wasn't exactly PC, but uber violent, deal with or stfu.
    Your sarcasm detector broke... If it ever worked in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I have not seen anyone say Sansa wasn't raped.

Society asks women to dress modestly in order to not get raped, instead of teaching men not to rape women.

A woman gets raped (or sexually harassed) and she's wearing a mini-skirt, society says "she was asking for it". It's "expected" that she was gonna get raped or harassed for dressing like that.

That's what rape culture means.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlust View Post
    Society asks women to dress modestly in order to not get raped, instead of teaching men not to rape women.

A woman gets raped (or sexually harassed) and she's wearing a mini-skirt, society says "she was asking for it". It's "expected" that she was gonna get raped or harassed for dressing like that.

That's what rape culture means.
    Are we in a mugging culture too? Since if I walked down a dark alley and was mugged I would be told I should have expected that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    Why are they accusing HBO?

A song of ice and fire series has been around for 20 years.

Why is it suddenly a problem now?
    Implying people who complain about rape culture read books...

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Are we in a mugging culture too? Since if I walked down a dark alley and was mugged I would be told I should have expected that.
    Walking down a dark alley is the same as dressing the way you want to dress?
    Yak. Yak never changes.