Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Demon Hunter intro - Black Temple?

I know that this is still alpha, but I was wondering about one thing. I looked at some latest videos about Demon Hunter starting area and I noticed that there is no backstory about it. We just spawn in Mardum, a bunch of DH NPCs come out of the portal and Illidan talks to us about our task. I think that Blizz will add something here, but I really hope that DH will actually start in the instanced version of invaded Black Temple, just for a minute before going to Mardum. If Mardum is really going to be the place where DH will spawn, then surely there will be a short film in which narrator tells us something about it, or even in-game cinematic, which wouldn't be such a bad idea. But I still hope for BT.
    So what do you think?
    PS. Sorry for my English, but I was doing my best. I hope that you will understand me.

There is apparantly content we've not seen, including some pre mardum content with us getting through the portal and post mardum BT content where we get captured by the wardens.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    There is apparantly content we've not seen, including some pre mardum content with us getting through the portal and post mardum BT content where we get captured by the wardens.
    oh i thought that was cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Restaron View Post
    I know that this is still alpha, but I was wondering about one thing. I looked at some latest videos about Demon Hunter starting area and I noticed that there is no backstory about it. We just spawn in Mardum, a bunch of DH NPCs come out of the portal and Illidan talks to us about our task. I think that Blizz will add something here, but I really hope that DH will actually start in the instanced version of invaded Black Temple, just for a minute before going to Mardum. If Mardum is really going to be the place where DH will spawn, then surely there will be a short film in which narrator tells us something about it, or even in-game cinematic, which wouldn't be such a bad idea. But I still hope for BT.
    So what do you think?
    PS. Sorry for my English, but I was doing my best. I hope that you will understand me.
    It's just not implemented yet, it will be there.

Not yet fully implemented.

Really? have blizzard mentioned this?

aside from Blizzcon?

Deleted
    After Mardum we're seeing an in-game cinematic (I know it because there is already placeholder cinematic in that place). We still don't know about pre-Mardum.

Quote Originally Posted by Restaron View Post
    If Mardum is really going to be the place where DH will spawn, then surely there will be a short film in which narrator tells us something about it, or even in-game cinematic, which wouldn't be such a bad idea
    there will be a cinematic/narrator thing like every race/DKs have. cinematic are usually added really late on in beta if at all.

Deleted
    The backstory is part of the Illidan novel. Although they need to explain why Illidan opened the portal to Mardum instead of Argus like it was planned.

Will they present it ingame? No idea.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    oh i thought that was cut.
    The wardens stuff is already in the game. I haven't heard anything about pre Mardum stuff though.
    Custom signature requests: CLOSED | PLEASE DO NOT PM ME FOR REQUESTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The backstory is part of the Illidan novel. Although they need to explain why Illidan opened the portal to Mardum instead of Argus like it was planned.

Will they present it ingame? No idea.
    Mardum was first to get the sargerei keystone which shows us where all the legion worlds are.

Quote Originally Posted by Narbootz View Post
    Mardum was first to get the sargerei keystone which shows us where all the legion worlds are.
    Right, but that was never explained in the book. Illidan just "had an idea" to make his plan work in time. That idea seemed to bee Mardum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Right, but that was never explained in the book. Illidan just "had an idea" to make his plan work in time. That idea seemed to bee Mardum.
    This. Illidan's plan was to open a portal to Argus, it never explains why he changed at the final minute the plan to Mardum.

Probably because he knew that his fellow demon hunters would never beat Kil'jaeden without him.

They will explain it via the intro cinematic when you create a DH. Same thing when you create a DK etc..

Homophobia is so gay.

Really? have blizzard mentioned this?

aside from Blizzcon?
    When you do the intro, it tells you there are cinematics or steps missing, WIP, or NYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    When you do the intro, it tells you there are cinematics or steps missing, WIP, or NYI.
    Oh? could you provide screenshots or videos of that?

Not that i dont trust you, but I just want to see it for myself .

Oh? could you provide screenshots or videos of that?

Not that i dont trust you, but I just want to see it for myself .
    I guess if someone with alpha access wants to go through the process of starting another DH and leveling through up to that part again just to prove to you what multiple people have confirmed. I'll add in additional confirmation as I have leveled 2 DHs to 110 or less. I'm going to take a wild leap and say no one is likely to do it just to take screenshots of literally nothing other than the 10 year anniversary cinematic that you can see anytime you want in WoW which is used here as a PH.

Quote Originally Posted by Discard View Post
    I guess if someone with alpha access wants to go through the process of starting another DH and leveling through up to that part again just to prove to you what multiple people have confirmed. I'll add in additional confirmation as I have leveled 2 DHs to 110 or less. I'm going to take a wild leap and say no one is likely to do it just to take screenshots of literally nothing other than the 10 year anniversary cinematic that you can see anytime you want in WoW which is used here as a PH.
    I thought it was at the start of the questline.

no need to act like that man.geez.

do note I have seen the intro,yet nothing of that was mentioned, aside from the "here is a cinematic of maiev killing illidan", but the things that people ARE suggesting is that they have CONFIRMEd that the PRE MARDUM stuff isnt in there, BUT IT will. This is something they are SAYING without EVIDENCE. I ask for EVIDENCE for There being something related to a PREMARDUM experience. I am not asking for EVIDENCE for something that is Cinematics and shit.

I thought it was at the start of the questline.

no need to act like that man.geez.

do note I have seen the intro,yet nothing of that was mentioned, aside from the "here is a cinematic of maiev killing illidan", but the things that people ARE suggesting is that they have CONFIRMEd that the PRE MARDUM stuff isnt in there, BUT IT will. This is something they are SAYING without EVIDENCE. I ask for EVIDENCE for There being something related to a PREMARDUM experience. I am not asking for EVIDENCE for something that is Cinematics and shit.
    I may do that later tonight, as was said it means re-starting a new demon hunter. From my understanding, everything PLAYABLE, aka you control your character, is in the game. There will be an intro cinematic for the DH, and there will be a cinematic between the demon planet and the warden jail.