Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Which is why those christians are just as much of a threat to world safety as the talibans
    What people miss in that as well, is that those people are taking ownership of the religion. Just like ISIS has turned Muslims into terrorists in the eyes of quite a few people. Those who use Christianity to shield them selfs from personal responsobility, are making their religion seem a lot less than what it actually is.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Did you not read the whole article?

Evans later clarified his remarks, telling a reporter that he wasn't suggesting Trump would win the nomination outright with less than 1,237 delegates, but if he's close enough the real estate mogul could gain enough unbound delegates to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Did you not read the whole article?
    Yes I did, wanted to see who'd bring that up.

1100 is the tipping point where you'll see that backroom negotiating and all the other unsavory political shit happen. It's also a good time for fence sitters to 'accept the inevitable' and get on board.

I posted the article to show that the 1237 isn't the only number he absolutely has to reach.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Yes I did, wanted to see who'd bring that up.

1100 is the tipping point where you'll see that backroom negotiating and all the other unsavory political shit happen. It's also a good time for fence sitters to 'accept the inevitable' and get on board.

I posted the article to show that the 1237 isn't the only number he absolutely has to reach.
    It's the number he has to reach to stop it from going to the convention. That's what Mathematically eliminated means. Cruz can no longer get the 1237 but, as long as Trump doesn't get it either, he still has a path to the nomination...even if it's unlikely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I wonder who kasich will select as his VP....
    The better question is, who will Rubio choose as his running mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    His Canadian girl friend, who's totally real, but you guys wouldn't know her...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm really wondering who Huckabee will choose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    His Canadian girl friend, who's totally real, but you guys wouldn't know her...
    You almost made me ruin my monitor, thanks > _ <
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to know who John McCain will choose as his running mate this year.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I want to know who John McCain will choose as his running mate this year.
    I'm going to channel @Hubcap for this post.

Bristol Palin

She's a scrapper like her grizzly mother but she doesn't have half her baggage even with the kids and the arrests and the sextape and the drug smuggling.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    The average spread is 14 points for Clinton, but 35.1 points for Trump.

I disagree entirely. Trump has very little hold on the Republican party at all. He's pulling in under 40% of Republicans in the popular voting. Clinton is pulling in 56.46% of Democrats. I think she has much tighter grip on the Democratic Party. Plus, the GOP is actively funding campaigns against Trump righ tnow.
    This last Super Tuesday, Trump took each state with over 50% of the vote. Against 2 others. Hillary is winning by single digits over Sanders and there is a real possibility that Sanders voters will walk away or write in during the general. Republican's will most likely vote along party lines, because it will either be Trump or Clinton and Clinton is Obama Jr and Repubs don't want anymore of that.

Trumps voter base is also larger, 18 mill repubs have voted as opposed to 12 mill dems. The only way this is close without the independent general vote is if Trump only gets his typical voters and Clinton gets hers and at least 30% of Sanders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    This last Super Tuesday, Trump took each state with over 50% of the vote. Against 2 others. Hillary is winning by single digits over Sanders and there is a real possibility that Sanders voters will walk away or write in during the general. Republican's will most likely vote along party lines, because it will either be Trump or Clinton and Clinton is Obama Jr and Repubs don't want anymore of that.

Trumps voter base is also larger, 18 mill repubs have voted as opposed to 12 mill dems. The only way this is close without the independent general vote is if Trump only gets his typical voters and Clinton gets hers and at least 30% of Sanders.
    More Republicans have voted in the primaries because the Republican contest is actually contested most Democrats know the Democratic primary was decided months ago, so a lot of people don't even bother voting.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    That would imply that the Dems won't vote in the general elections.
    Unlike the Republicans, the Dems don't have to run and vote in large numbers at the primaries. They've had 2 candidates from the start, and the race was more or less over before it even began.
    Once the general elections procedures start, things gonna shift.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    When was the last time a conservative christian lined up people and cut their heads off on video? Or the last time they set fire to homosexuals or threw them off buildings?

The comparison is rubbish.

(By the way I am sorry for slandering Islam.)
    because we have airstrikes and drones.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    When was the last time a conservative christian lined up people and cut their heads off on video? Or the last time they set fire to homosexuals or threw them off buildings?

The comparison is rubbish.

(By the way I am sorry for slandering Islam.)
    Three words..
    Lord's Resistance Army

Active since 1987 and counting.

- - - Updated - - -

for a little giggle

"The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I'm going to channel @Hubcap for this post.

Bristol Palin

She's a scrapper like her grizzly mother but she doesn't have half her baggage even with the kids and the arrests and the sextape and the drug smuggling.
    christ... WOOF, is that a bad picture or is this how she looks now? nothing better than the birth control you can grow yourself.. Maybe that's the republicans alternative to planned parenthood; a KFC on every street corner. (bonus, would also help social security/medicare!)
    Last edited by Glnger; 2016-04-28 at 08:19 AM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Three words..
    Lord's Resistance Army

Active since 1987 and counting.

- - - Updated - - -

for a little giggle

Also NLFT. Most people don't really pay attention to eastern India, but there have been baptists shooting the hell out of people there for decades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    for a little giggle
    "As a child, I used to imagine what it must be like to have an imaginary friend."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Also NLFT. Most people don't really pay attention to eastern India, but there have been baptists shooting the hell out of people there for decades.
    Well it only really counts if white people are the ones doing the dying and not the killing which, given how these sorts of things usually turn out, is not all that often. Everything else is just an "isolated incident" because hey, if you aren't paying attention to any of the other incidents, then it's isolated to you, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Hangings / disappearings still happen regularly enough in the southern US as well.

It's not hard to get away with pretty much anything if the locals are in your pocket. Laura Bush is one of the better-known examples.