Page 47 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Two things:
    One: money isn't infinite; and
    Two: regardless of how much money they have, they won't spend it willy-nilly without making sure the chances of returning a worthwhile profit are high enough.
    Yes, can't argue with that. They will for sure want to make a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    I don't care if you like it or not and i don't care if you get vanilla server or not (if it doesn't affect main game), its that few 100s of you infested every thread here with vanilla whine and its getting tiring. You got your nice no answer from blizz now chill until they close another ps or you get pristine servers.
    Pristine servers are nothing but BS to try to distract away from what players want. So you're complaining about threads that you decide to click and go into? Whos the real problem here? If you don't want to hear about it don't go into the threads. People won't accept this stupid shit. It doesn't matter if you wanted legacy servers or not, seeing them flat out lie to people shouldn't be accepted by anyone. But don't worry, they will still be there so you can keep your brown nosing going.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Pristine servers are nothing but BS to try to distract away from what players want. So you're complaining about threads that you decide to click and go into? Whos the real problem here? If you don't want to hear about it don't go into the threads. People won't accept this stupid shit. It doesn't matter if you wanted legacy servers or not, seeing them flat out lie to people shouldn't be accepted by anyone. But don't worry, they will still be there so you can keep your brown nosing going.
    They already split yours vanilla crew 50/50 with pristine servers 50% of remaining whine brigade can be ignored by blizzard easily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    For a couple months at best for the majority.

It would take no time for the content to be cleared then people would be bored.

[/url]
    What're you talking about? Vanilla had enough content to last more than 2 years alone.

Nostalrius had been around for a year and was about to release AQ40, that would have lasted a few months and then Naxx which would have lasted even longer due to the difficulty.

The "pristine" server idea, while still not Classic, could be a good compromise, but it does not go far enough.

I would love a server with no CRZ or LFR, but removing CRZ while keeping the leveling game as fast and easy as it is, even without heirlooms, will just lead to quickly empty zones again. Besides the stated changes, such a server would also need all the leveling curve reductions undone, and either greatly buffed monsters or nerfed players.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    240k+ signs so far.
    Yes, but had that clown Kern delivered it already?

Holy fuck stop with the nostalgia bullshit. God damn, People wouldn't have played on Nost for over a year if it was nostalgia. maybe people just PREFER THE GAME AS IT USED TO BE. It is completely different from current WoW. Its like me saying i'd rather play witcher over skyrim. They are completely different games but you want to pretend its nostalgia. I understand you dont want people having fun and enjoying a game but don't imply that its nostalgia. That is what really pisses me off during these arguments because anti legacy people have no other arguments other than "its nostalgia!" and "they will play for a few days and get bored" which just aren't true. Objectively.
    My question though is how many people actually played it for over a year as from all the official figures i have seen i saw account numbers constantly rising but active players actually going down which says a lot of people tried it and stopped playing

I would pay for a Vanilla, BC or even better a WotLK server. Several reasons like Talent trees, more abilities, no CRZ, old quest lines and such can persuade me to give Blizz some of my money unlike current WoD.
    Mr. Kern may not have done great (or good) since leaving Blizzard but he was there in the beginning of WoW and could help set up a Legacy team. He seems like a logical candidate. And just maybe his relationship with the remaining old guard is/was good enough to sit down and talk about it.

As for Blizzards business-suavity: They were stupid enough to risk a 50:50 split of their playerbase to remove flying from WoD. That and their swaying around cost them millions of suscriptions and continues into Legion. So I'll say that TO ME it seems more like a conflict of interests instead of business.

Deleted
    I started playing in Vanilla and finally gave up with WoD.

For me, Vanilla was the greatest point in WoW - not for gameplay, it was flawed. But as an experience it was amazing. The game forced cooperation, your characters reputation mattered when the only people you would interact with were on your server. I stand by the fact an MMO should force cooperation just as the real world does. It seems some people are entrenched in either the for or against camp.

From my point of view, and I can only assume I am not on my own or things wouldn't have escalated like they have I have no interest in the direction WoW is heading now, it is catering for a different kind of player looking for a different kind of experience and I dont begrudge that. However at present I am a lost consumer to Blizzard because they are not prepared to offer the content they used to.

I guess it comes down to how much money or reputation Blizzard feels they can gain out of legacy servers as to whether they would consider creating them.

Holy fuck stop with the nostalgia bullshit. God damn, People wouldn't have played on Nost for over a year if it was nostalgia. maybe people just PREFER THE GAME AS IT USED TO BE. It is completely different from current WoW. Its like me saying i'd rather play witcher over skyrim. They are completely different games but you want to pretend its nostalgia. I understand you dont want people having fun and enjoying a game but don't imply that its nostalgia. That is what really pisses me off during these arguments because anti legacy people have no other arguments other than "its nostalgia!" and "they will play for a few days and get bored" which just aren't true. Objectively.
    They are never going to get it, the whole nostalgia excuse is extremely flawed from the very beginning. I get nostalgiad when I think back of my time visiting Disneyland for the first time as a 5 year old, when my whole family was still together. I don't get nostalgiad for a freaking 10 year old video game, hell I still play games that are way older to these days and still prefer them to the newer versions. The thing is that we can always visit those older games, but not the old WoW, so now we're simply asking Blizzard to make us play the old WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefistophelis View Post
    Think of it this way. Blizzard is struggling to keep expansions rolling on time with their high standard of quality. I don't believe they could juggle a legacy server that would need a code fixing from the ground up.
    that's a really thin argument, man. but I understand your concern that it might affect the current game. I just think it's extremely unlikely a billion dollar company is incapable of creating an independent team that can provide the same service they did over ten years ago.

Where is the petition link, I want to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Where is the petition link, I want to sign.
    https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhai...raft-community

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I think it matters that if someone is to run someone down they should do so with something that has some evidence behind it instead of doing so with notions that are not supported by anything. There's no evidence that he left Blizzard in disgrace. None. There's a literal mountain of it that his incompetence and bad behavior got him fired from his own company, Red5. No mean feat that. That's really all I'm getting at.
    Even if that's true, Moana, that doesn't diminish his previous accomplishments.

Not that I disagree with an evidence-based approach in this case.

None of us are angels all the time. Some of us burn brighter than others. You've been quite passionate yourself. You've gone from a gentle smile to a fiery glare.

Found this thread, and felt there's even more of Mark kern some people might not know.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...1321189?page=1

He's currently provoking, insult and trying to flip tables on people who are tired of hearing about this legacy stuff.
    he called Panser ''a Low IQ woman becuase she dyed her hair Pınk.
    and now on top of that, she is getting rape threats via YT from "the legacy" people.

good leader you lads chose hu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    curious if you say the same thing about, when every video game older than 2-4 years would become unable to play. no starcraft for you. no d3 for you. no zelda xyz for you. no css source for you. no....

i expect ppl like YOU would been the loudest crying WTF. but you cant imagine the exactly same thing when it comes down to a mmo ? respect.
    None of those are MMO's And I don't replay them, because there are new things to play, you know they release new games yearly, a lot of them are really good, try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    How is it going back if new expansions keep being releasing, and you aren't even forced to play on the legacy servers? Unless you are admitting you wont be able to resist the awesomeness and will play on the legacy servers.
    I never said it was going back ofc I am not forced to play in the legacy servers and I don't care if there is legacy servers, I do care if there is illegal legacy servers though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    When you live in a world where you are constantly criticized, sometimes you give back much more than you receive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Found this thread, and felt there's even more of Mark kern some people might not know.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...1321189?page=1

He's currently provoking, insult and trying to flip tables on people who are tired of hearing about this legacy stuff.
    and now on top of that, she is getting rape threats via YT from "the legacy" people.

good leader you lads chose hu.
    This is pure bullshit. Textbook Zoe Quinn "abuse"
    She says "That being said, the vocal minority of your little movement is an embarrassment to the human race." Mark simply replies with "So is yours." after which she tweets "Fuck Mark Kern" Mark calls her a cry-bully and is then blocked by her while she is crying about harassment and bullying. Of course she also blocks anyone asking for proof, because she's unwilling to prove it. If you believe something that's easy to prove without any proof, you're simply a fool.
    The jab at dyed hair is a joke about SJWs which you of course also left out because you make Fox News seem unbiased.
    Everything you're saying is pure bullshit. Quit projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Yes, but had that clown Kern delivered it already?
    Nope.

For all of his flatout lying about getting able to meet with Mike Morhaime, all he's done so far is grandstand, make a video, and then supposedly send an email to the guy asking to meet with him.

So much for being able to deliver those petitions personally to Morhaime.

But don't suggest that the dude is lying for attention, despite him lapping up all the lavishing the Nostalrius folks are throwing at him on his Twitter, because that's mean.

He publicly calls out people who disagree with him, and his "fans" go after them. Panser is one example (which gets ignored because she's said stuff about other topics people disagree with? I don't even like her but she's shown off the shit she's getting. Or just also go look at all of her mentions.), I've also gotten a much smaller dose of it, but still harassment from people who are upset that people dare challenge Kern on his bullshit.

The guy is a liar who ran projects into the ground and was kicked out of his own company. Yet he's this morally righteous champion of the people who came into the whole Nostalrius situation well under way and placed himself at the top of the pyramid scheme.

Good job guys, you sure picked a good champion. Now watch as Morhaime does NOTHING because why would the CEO of Blizzard meet with a stooge who is actively shitting on his company, his developers, specific individuals by name, and his games publicly on Twitter? It's almost an unprecedented level of delusion on par with flat earth theory.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-04-27 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliadra View Post
    This is pure bullshit. Textbook Zoe Quinn "abuse"
    She says "That being said, the vocal minority of your little movement is an embarrassment to the human race." Mark simply replies with "So is yours." after which she tweets "Fuck Mark Kern" Mark calls her a cry-bully and is then blocked by her while she is crying about harassment and bullying. Of course she also blocks anyone asking for proof, because she's unwilling to prove it. If you believe something that's easy to prove without any proof, you're simply a fool.
    The jab at dyed hair is a joke about SJWs which you of course also left out because you make Fox News seem unbiased.
    Everything you're saying is pure bullshit. Quit projecting.
    From what ive read from both sides this seems to be more factual, both "sides" have their "toxic minority", throwing mud at each other because shes sensible and he just dislikes SJWs in general doesnt change the subject at all, especially since she stated that she is not against this "movement" or legacy servers in general (of wich Mark Kern is not the leader, even if some want it to be like this for the sake of their argument).