Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I guess I'll just start using Womens Bathrooms then and if someone questions me I'll yell STOP BEING DRACONIAN!!!
    Why would you want to use a bathroom that invariably has a queue? In the bathroom wars, they got the shitty end of the stick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Again: you're advocating for "bring ID or flash me to use the bathroom". For what reason?

Because someone decided that someone else was a guy? That the cops then decided to act on that? It's a fucking bathroom. If they're being a perv (male, female, child, don't care), call the cops. If they're hanging around by themselves in a public restroom for no reason, call the cops. If you're upset because someone you don't think belongs there peed in the stall and walked out? Go fuck yourself.
    Except I'm not. I'm simply saying if you get reported for something and have no means to prove who you are through the only avenue available to a cop then don't be surprised when a cop can only act as they see appropriate to the situation which in this case was asking them to leave the bathroom. Also we don't know what they could've been doing to warrent someone reporting them in the first place. It's possible that where the woman appeared to be hanging about that she appeared as a man and was making other users feel uncomfortable for whatever reason.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    The only instance of asking for an ID to use the bathroom is when the person clearly appears to be a member of the opposite sex. I think many would feel that allowing members of the opposite sex to intrude upon the bathroom while they are using it is draconian at the same time. Essentially it's a loss either way.

Bathroom's are a very private setting and if someone feels their privacy is not being respected, do you think they should have the right to complain?

Why should people be able to violate the privacy of others?
    Bathrooms... really aren't a private setting. What public bathrooms are you going to where the BATHROOM is private? The stall is, but no one was jumping into a stall with someone else in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    The reasonable thing would've been to let her use the washroom. They could've waited outside the stall/room to ensure there was no "creeping".
    Judging by the fact that someone got the cops involved, it appears females in the bathroom felt their privacy was being invaded by someone of the opposite sex. So why should their opinion not be respected?

I mean hey, if you're a woman go for it. If you're NOT, it's absolutely not the same thing. Especially if you're doing it to perv, rather than just using the bathroom.
    How do you know the person in the video is actually a woman?

Shockingly, these don't apply given there was no male in the bathroom.
    Did you read my fucking post? Seriously. You're so fucking blinded by your biases. Read it again.

"compelling reasons for a cop to remove a male from a female restroom"

The cop had no way of knowing. Don't give my that fucking bullshit about "she obviously looks female" when that's fucking subjective.

Try and drop your shitty bias, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

I mean hey, if you're a woman go for it. If you're NOT, it's absolutely not the same thing. Especially if you're doing it to perv, rather than just using the bathroom.
    This is exactly the same thing. That female had no way to prove she was a female, and the officers had to decide based on how she acted. Watch the video and tell me, with 100% honesty, that you wouldn't have thought them to be a male without any context given.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Bathrooms... really aren't a private setting. What public bathrooms are you going to where the BATHROOM is private? The stall is, but no one was jumping into a stall with someone else in this case.
    Regardless of whether you think they are private or not, many people are accustomed to a certain level of privacy and think public bathrooms can afford that. They feel that privacy is violated by allowing members of the opposite sex in. So why should we not respect those people's opinions?

Dude...dude...

Dude looks like a lady

Dude dude

Dude looks like a lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Except I'm not. I'm simply saying if you get reported for something and have no means to prove who you are through the only avenue available to a cop then don't be surprised when a cop can only act as they see appropriate to the situation which in this case was asking them to leave the bathroom. Also we don't know what they could've been doing to warrent someone reporting them in the first place. It's possible that where the woman appeared to be hanging about that she appeared as a man and was making other users feel uncomfortable for whatever reason.
    Again: you shouldn't be required to prove you are the gender you say you are when all you did was use the bathroom. If there had been an actual crime committed (ie, peeping or harassment), feel free. But for simply using the bathroom? Yeah, just let them use the bathroom and leave like everyone else. They're not jumping in the stall with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    That's not how arguments work lol.
    Sure it is. I have an opinion. I think this is fake. All you have is a random video anyone could make and upload to youtube. Until the person that was allegedly harassed comes forward you just have a movie to be triggered by. So go find this person or just accept it could be fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I don't have to provide proof. In my opinion it's bullcrap. All you have is a random video anyone could make and place on youtube. Are you interested in traveling and we can make our own to prove the point? I'm sure I could get a couple of bystanders and police uniforms.
    You said it was not real, so you do have to provide evidence if you want your claim to not be dismissed out of hand.

Personally I reserve judgement on its validity, saying neither that it is neither genuine nor fake, as I do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Nothing. That's all there is to it. It wouldn't have been a problem if they didn't look, act, Sound and speak like a guy.
    In this type of scenario, they only asked her to leave. She could of course go home and use the bathroom, come back and not... well.... look like a man and go into the bathroom as well.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Judging by the fact that someone got the cops involved, it appears females in the bathroom felt their privacy was being invaded by someone of the opposite sex. So why should their opinion not be respected?
    Why is their opinion in any more important than a womans need to perform a biological function? Just because the cops are called and showed up doesn't mean they have to do anything. If I call the cops on my neighbour over a noise complaint they aren't going to do anything about it if they get here and it's barely noticeable.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    How do you know the person in the video is actually a woman?
    she looks like a woman? i mean, it's not the difficult. or hell, in person, look at a person's chest. that generally gives you an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Sure it is. I have an opinion. I think this is fake. All you have is a random video anyone could make. Until the person that was allegedly harassed comes forward you just have a movie to be triggered by.
    I feel like someone this dense deserves a spot on a forum bingo card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Dude...dude...

Dude looks like a lady

Dude dude

Dude looks like a lady.
    In this case, apparently not.

Deleted
    A man going into the women's toilets to kick out a woman because she looked a bit masculine.
    Hilarious.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    This is exactly the same thing. That female had no way to prove she was a female, and the officers had to decide based on how she acted. Watch the video and tell me, with 100% honesty, that you wouldn't have thought them to be a male without any context given.
    I can say with 100% honesty that her appearance while resembling a male was neutral enough to give her the benefit of the doubt. I've seen many women with same mannerisms when they're upset at someone.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

In this type of scenario, they only asked her to leave. She could of course go home and use the bathroom, come back and not... well.... look like a man and go into the bathroom as well.
    Yup. This is a very odd situation in a situation where you normally wouldn't Have to carry an id, unless of course, you Drove. In which case, you'd have it anyway since, well, its the law to have that while operating a motor vehicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?