Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    the pre-event will be out mid to early july, as they said 4-6 weeks and later 6-8 weeks... so most likley 6 weeks
    ... Do you have a source on this? Because if not, I'm calling shenanigans. They never gave timeframes like this, as far as I saw. I look forward to being proved wrong, though!

They did say at Blizzcon that because of the nature of the event, this pre-patch would be longer than previous ones. Most of the other expansions pre-events were about a month before release. That being said, it isn't unreasonable to assume a 2 month pre-patch, especially with the content draught we have now.

I also highly doubt they would go to the trouble of making an HFC set for Demon Hunters, and if the speculation in this thread is true, a complete unique model for the set, if the pre-patch was only going to be 4 HFC lockouts. My guess would be pre-patch in late June to early July.

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

Deleted
    If Patch drops early enough, there is the Battlegound Bonus Event on 17th August. This is quite easy to just pimp ur DH to at least ilvl 700 very quick.
    Much better than farming alls those bf tokens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DMRDeni View Post
    If Patch drops early enough, there is the Battlegound Bonus Event on 17th August. This is quite easy to just pimp ur DH to at least ilvl 700 very quick.
    Isn't the honour thing going away in Legion?

Demon Hunters are available during the pre-patch to ONLY accounts which have pre-purchased Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DMRDeni View Post
    Or be the lucky reroll guild guy and get boosted 13/13m on ur DH week 1

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Demon Hunters are available during the pre-patch to ONLY accounts which have pre-purchased Legion.
    Well, that was honestly a given and not what we are discussing here at all :S

Quote Originally Posted by Haaz View Post
    Or be the lucky reroll guild guy and get boosted 13/13m on ur DH week 1
    This is my plan

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Everyone and their grandmother will be playing DH if they're available before the expansion goes live. That'll be an interesting situation...
    I'd say for maybe a couple weeks, but I expect a lot of people are already invested so far into their current characters that many will avoid switching.

I'm now even more sure that I'm right, since the order hall gear is now re-done old sets.

Starter gear

Tier 18 Normal/Heroic

Tier 18 Mythic

Tier 19 Normal/Heroic is missing maybe.

Class order hall set

Tier 19 Mythic. This may also be the Normal/heroic and mythic is missing, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    I'm now even more sure that I'm right, since the order hall gear is now re-done old sets.

Starter gear

Tier 18 Normal/Heroic

Tier 18 Mythic

Tier 19 Normal/Heroic is missing maybe.

Class order hall set

Tier 19 Mythic. This may also be the Normal/heroic and mythic is missing, but I doubt it.
    I honestly would love to see that, it'd be something to shoot for (i'm hoping their just hiding their plans under the temp model of the offset pieces :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    From the front page of mmo champion:

So it basically confirms that Demon Hunters will be playable during the pre-expansion event!

I believe it's 680 gear.
    Thanks. Wonder if that will stay in stone. Hopefully it's 690 so I can skip farming the baleful stuff for it :-P

10+ Year Old Account
    I honnestly think that a T18 DH set would be weird (if not bad...) design. :-/

Let's say we have the DH available for, say, 6 or 8 weeks. (Which would be great) That means in this timeframe, you should level your DH, find raids (during the summer, half of your guild might be afk) and hope that during the 5-7 lockouts in which you were able to clear the content the right pieces of set drop AND you have them (since their will be fellow DHs). That sounds like a lot of if, especially as RNG can let you waiting in vain during weeks for a single piece of gear as we all know, and unecessary frustrating thing to do.
    Am I the only one that thinks this doesn't sound like Blizz design at all.

I have no explanation for the different set models linked, though... ^^'

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    I honnestly think that a T18 DH set would be weird (if not bad...) design. :-/

Let's say we have the DH available for, say, 6 or 8 weeks. (Which would be great) That means in this timeframe, you should level your DH, find raids (during the summer, half of your guild might be afk) and hope that during the 5-7 lockouts in which you were able to clear the content the right pieces of set drop AND you have them (since their will be fellow DHs). That sounds like a lot of if, especially as RNG can let you waiting in vain during weeks for a single piece of gear as we all know, and unecessary frustrating thing to do.
    Am I the only one that thinks this doesn't sound like Blizz design at all.

I have no explanation for the different set models linked, though... ^^'
    The time between the pre-patch and release is always just a waiting game anyways. Adding the sets gives you an incentive to go and do HFC and learn the class in a raid environment and be able to have something to attain there.

Halfway through leveling it won't matter what you got or didn't get in HFC at 100.

I think its a fantastic idea.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question for anyone on alpha who finished the demon hunter experience: how do I get to Tanaan? Do I have to go do all the dark portal stuff and then unlock my garrison and upgrade it to level 1,2, and 3 and then do the shipyard stuff -or- is it like when you boost a character to 100 and you automatically have a level 3 garrison with the ship yard quest open? Also, what's your item level like when you leave the starting zone for demon hunters? I'm thinking of farming up some empowered baleful tokens on my warlock for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabacr View Post
    I have a question for anyone on alpha who finished the demon hunter experience: how do I get to Tanaan? Do I have to go do all the dark portal stuff and then unlock my garrison and upgrade it to level 1,2, and 3 and then do the shipyard stuff -or- is it like when you boost a character to 100 and you automatically have a level 3 garrison with the ship yard quest open? Also, what's your item level like when you leave the starting zone for demon hunters? I'm thinking of farming up some empowered baleful tokens on my warlock for him.
    I'll check this tonight if no other alpha testers knows. Given how the starting experience goes, just from a story context, I'm guessing you have to do the starting quest in tanaan and level up your garrison from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelroc View Post
    They did say at Blizzcon that because of the nature of the event, this pre-patch would be longer than previous ones. Most of the other expansions pre-events were about a month before release. That being said, it isn't unreasonable to assume a 2 month pre-patch, especially with the content draught we have now.
    I'm going to assume you're not in the alpha, simply because I see NO WAY for the prepatch to be done in 2 months (since we're 4 months out, for it to be released 2 months before legion it would have to come int 4-2 = 2 months).

Historically, the pre-patch has been on PTR for 6-8 weeks before it hits live. That would mean it would need to be deployed sometime between now and two weeks from now. I can tell you right now that would completely come out of left field given the state of the alpha. It's not just the zones that are buggy; talents, abilities, animations are all heavily in flux and no where near ready to be tested on a PTR.

Additionally, there's no information anywhere that says DH will unlock immediately when the pre-patch hits (again, I look forward to LINKS, because I watched Blizzcon and I never heard what you mentioned, so it's just heresay until we have actual proof).

Finally, even if that was their intent, Blizzcon was a long time ago. Things change. Given the state of the classes (completely ignoring the phasing issues, quest bugs, lack of completed legion content, etc) I would honestly be impressed with the prepatch hitting 4 weeks before launch, and DH unlocking with only 2 weeks until launch.

Keep in mind, while there is a huge content drought now, that is NOT a good reason to rush unfinished content to live and create a buggy mess. Additionally, the faster the prepatch hits live, the less time guilds have to get their roster Archi mounts or get those mythic kills before the achievement turns into a feat. This isn't a scenario where it would be a win-win.
    Last edited by zurm; 2016-04-28 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabacr View Post
    Unknown currently, you couldn't get a garrison last build, you could do all the quests up to it (doing the tanaan intro was quite funny at 110) but the quest line ends when you would usually run to meet durotan

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    I'm going to assume you're not in the alpha, simply because I see NO WAY for the prepatch to be done in 2 months (since we're 4 months out, for it to be released 2 months before legion it would have to come int 4-2 = 2 months).

Historically, the pre-patch has been on PTR for 6-8 weeks before it hits live. That would mean it would need to be deployed sometime between now and two weeks from now. I can tell you right now that would completely come out of left field given the state of the alpha. It's not just the zones that are buggy; talents, abilities, animations are all heavily in flux and no where near ready to be tested on a PTR.
    Unfortunately I am not, however I am just as intimately familiar with it as most testers are. The majority of my free time is spent watching people play, talking with people playing it, or reading about it. I think its absolutely possible for the prepatch to be out in 8-9 weeks. Alot can change in just a few short weeks, as well as we do not know how far ahead Blizzard's internal builds are.

This has been a completely out of the ordinary testing cycle for Blizzard, and as such I don't think you can just apply precedents from prior testing cycles as fact. I wouldn't be completely shocked if they only tested the pre-launch event on the Alpha/Beta and it never went to PTR.

Additionally, there's no information anywhere that says DH will unlock immediately when the pre-patch hits (again, I look forward to LINKS, because I watched Blizzcon and I never heard what you mentioned, so it's just heresay until we have actual proof).
    Albeit this is still somewhat vague here is a dev tweet regarding it:

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/720681929012486144

The fact that the question asked "during early access" and he outright said, "pre-launch", meaning that he associates the two as the same thing.

Finally, even if that was their intent, Blizzcon was a long time ago. Things change. Given the state of the classes (completely ignoring the phasing issues, quest bugs, lack of completed legion content, etc) I would honestly be impressed with the prepatch hitting 4 weeks before launch, and DH unlocking with only 2 weeks until launch.
    Pretty much all that is left (in our current build, not Blizzards internal ones) are bug fixes, model fixes, and number tuning (both raid and class balance) The alpha has pretty much all the legion content you are going to see with a few minor exceptions, and most of which have ZERO bearing at all on a pre-launch (i.e. Suramar raid doesnt need to be finished for them to release the class changes that come with a pre-patch).

Keep in mind, while there is a huge content drought now, that is NOT a good reason to rush unfinished content to live and create a buggy mess. Additionally, the faster the prepatch hits live, the less time guilds have to get their roster Archi mounts or get those mythic kills before the achievement turns into a feat. This isn't a scenario where it would be a win-win.
    I agree that it is no reason to rush anything, and I definitely do not want to see a buggy mess either. However I disagree on the speed at which they can have the pre-launch and class changes ready and bug free to release on live. As for the Archi mounts and mythic kills. Totally disagree. We have had way too much HFC already. This is a win-win for most people: Getting a bug free, polished pre-patch and class changes as soon as possible.

This has been a completely out of the ordinary testing cycle for Blizzard, and as such I don't think you can just apply precedents from prior testing cycles as fact. I wouldn't be completely shocked if they only tested the pre-launch event on the Alpha/Beta and it never went to PTR.
    I can assure you this will not happen. I would be willing to steak quite a bit of real money on this fact. The only out of the ordinary aspect is that they've been calling it "alpha" later than usual. The timing of various testing including raid testing is right on point.

The fact that the question asked "during early access" and he outright said, "pre-launch", meaning that he associates the two as the same thing.
    No, it doesn't. You're trying to create facts where none exist. The same wording could be used to reference any date between the prepatch going live and 1 day before release.

Pretty much all that is left (in our current build, not Blizzards internal ones) are bug fixes, model fixes, and number tuning (both raid and class balance) The alpha has pretty much all the legion content you are going to see with a few minor exceptions, and most of which have ZERO bearing at all on a pre-launch (i.e. Suramar raid doesnt need to be finished for them to release the class changes that come with a pre-patch).
    For demon hunter, I can almost agree, if you ignore animation cancelling and pretty serious bugs with fel rush (although I'd argue that if the talents affecting felrush and VR go live, that's just bad design; the momentum build is clunky and doens't make sense in a competitive pve context). There are plenty of other classes out there with placeholder animations still and major issues outside simple number tuning or bug fixes. I'm not trying to attack you here, but you claim to be watching streams... I'm not sure how broad your experience is on this stuff but a lot of specs are in a really bad place (see basically every hunter spec). There are some specs that are performing fine but have constant feedback about conflicting priorities (guardian druid and ret pally) or simply unfun gameplay (arms warrior). In fact, I'd say Havoc DH is one of the FEW specs out there with generally favorable feedback (others include Enh Sham, Ele Sham). *CAN* blizzard go live with them functioning as is... sure? But if they do, the game will be in a very sorry state.

This is a win-win for most people: Getting a bug free, polished pre-patch and class changes as soon as possible.
    Can't really argue this one I suppose, as neither of us really have the facts one way or the other. I think you are underestimating the number of people who have just unsubbed and are waiting for legion to drop (read: not just the prepatch) before they resub.

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    *snip*
    I will concede on the dev comment to a degree. It is very vague, however I believe the interpretation lends it self more to pre-launch IS early access. But I was never the one saying Blizzard stated that Demon Hunters would be released with the pre-patch, that was someone else. I just stated it as an opinion based on my observations. (HFC Demon Hunter sets and Archi trink, lore reasons that the demon hunters would be present at the Broken Shore etc).

What I did state was that the pre-patch would be longer than previous ones. I know I heard this at Blizzcon, I haven't had time to go looking for an exact quote or video however.

I have plenty of experience, I assure you. I realize you aren't attacking with that statement, and in most cases saying I watch videos and read would not qualify as experience with a game and I get that. I stated that I watch streams, Youtube videos, and read feedback. I state this because this is ALL I am able to do without Alpha access unfortunately. (Again insert sadface). I have participated in every WoW expansion's beta test (minus TBC) and provided plenty of feedback when available.

The feedback some classes are giving in regards to their class state is not far off from what we have seen in the past expansions whenever Blizzard makes large changes (new talent system, Warlocks in MoP etc). It is not uncommon for a class to launch after changes with less than favorable feedback.

And to your last point I agree. Its a subjective matter, but I think that we can all agree that ultimately we want the best, most polished game (and classes) we can get.

In the end this is a game we all love, and I thoroughly enjoy talking to you guys about the class that we all (hopefully) love, Demon Hunter. ;-)