Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    That's great! I'm glad you can accept I think it's fake at this point. If a person comes forward. I will naturally change sides.
    That's a weird thing to be excited about.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    If that was the case wouldn't her saying shes a woman mean she identifies as one?
    And that's where laws get tricky and why this entire issue is blown out of proportion lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekker17 View Post
    I really don't get why you need to arrest someone being in the bathroom? I wonder who told on her, some whiny bitch...seriously. A handful of times I've seen a man in the woman's bathroom and never have I felt the need to get a police officer involved or do anything.
    I don't think anyone was arrested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Cops, servicemen, and transexuals(that identify with that gender) are allowed the enter.
    The latter aren't allowed to enter which is probably why the cops tried to intervene in this case.

It's still funny though, some men are allowed to enter female toilets but some women aren't.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Umm... I guess I'd say the difference here is that the "woman" dressed up in a way that was controversial - looking like a guy and it caused people problems clearly. And at some point if the vast majority of females say "hey, we don't care who comes in a public bathroom while we are in it"... then I'd definitely change my opinion. That does not appear to be the case right now and I think their opinion is just as valid, but since they form the majority, this opinion should be enforced.

And the cops really didn't do anything, all they said was "you have to leave this bathroom". If I went into a women's bathroom and the cops showed up and told me to leave, I would not really be surprised. How about you? So why should we treat this as something more than a case of mistaken identity?
    Because I don't resemble a woman at all, and I'm assuming you don't as well. This woman was neutral enough in her appearance (you could even tell she had boobs in the video) that I would at least give her the benefit of the doubt, and at the most, let her use the bathroom under supervision.

The cops forced her out of the bathroom, they weren't asking they were ordering. If she didn't leave willingly they most certainly would've physically forced her out and probably arrest her for defiance or whatever that NC law is against trans people using the washroom they identity with.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I think it could be fake. Until that person comes forward. It is fake in my eyes.
    You said "No it's not real", which sounds like a statement of fact, not one of opinion.

I think it might be fake, but I would not say it is fake, because I do not know. Always allow wiggle room, that is useful advice in many areas of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Everyone else in the bathroom didn't have a problem with her.. just the cops and whoever called in a complaint. But, apparently, wasn't bold enough to say anything or ran off content they'd done their good deed of the day.
    The video is not long enough to make that distinction. It seems pretty obvious at least one person had a problem, otherwise the cops wouldn't have been called. And it makes sense that the person or persons who had an issue would not stick around to find out what happens. Nothing wrong with that, I mean if I call the cops on a drug dealer, I'm not going to walk with them as they arrest the guy. And I'm not saying that this person is as bad as a drug dealer lol. Just a case of mistaken identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    If that was the case wouldn't her saying shes a woman mean she identifies as one?
    Should have noted that it's dependent on the state laws. But, technically, yes. There are a lot more that goes into that sort of situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Cops, servicemen, and transexuals(that identify with that gender) are allowed the enter.
    Doesn't North Carolina have the so called "bathroom bill", banning transsexuals from using the bathroom of the gender they identify, and making them use the one on their birth certificate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Because I don't resemble a woman at all, and I'm assuming you don't as well. This woman was neutral enough in her appearance (you could even tell she had boobs in the video) that I would at least give her the benefit of the doubt, and at the most, let her use the bathroom under supervision.
    Let's be honest, if they let her use the bathroom under supervision, everyone here would still have a problem with that.

This is not a normal scenario though. The lady herself is what changed the "normality" of this scenario, mainly by looking like a man. If she didn't dress up like one and went into the bathroom, the cops wouldn't have been called. I can understand the cops asking for the ID here, how else would they be able to figure out her sex?
    I'm still at a loss for why a deadpool hoodie and a baseball cap is "looking like a man". Or is it the haircut? My hair is growing that way as I grow it out I think, it was super short

Also, :25 for anyone wondering where you can see boobs. As she puts her hand beneath them it pulls the fabric. Also :06-:08 where it pulls a bit, but that's less clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again: you shouldn't be required to prove you are the gender you say you are when all you did was use the bathroom. If there had been an actual crime committed (ie, peeping or harassment), feel free. But for simply using the bathroom? Yeah, just let them use the bathroom and leave like everyone else. They're not jumping in the stall with you.
    It kind of is if someone reports you as the opposite gender and they felt harassed in some way by it. Also we don't know if all they did was just use the bathroom or was hanging out outside the stalls and unnerving other users.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Doesn't North Carolina have the so called "bathroom bill", banning transsexuals from using the bathroom of the gender they identify, and making them use the one on their birth certificate?
    It does. NC lawmakers and authorities have a pretty strong obsession with bathrooms.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    she looks like a woman? i mean, it's not the difficult. or hell, in person, look at a person's chest. that generally gives you an idea.
    I've seen Women without Boobs and I've seen Men with them. Are you saying Women with small breasts aren't lady-like?!

RUDE!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be honest, if they let her use the bathroom under supervision, everyone here would still have a problem with that.
    Oh definitely, I would probably still be upset about it. But it's a hell of a lot better than kicking her out.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I'm still at a loss for why a deadpool hoodie and a baseball cap is "looking like a man". Or is it the haircut? My hair is growing that way as I grow it out I think, it was super short

Also, :25 for anyone wondering where you can see boobs. As she puts her hand beneath them it pulls the fabric. Also :06-:08 where it pulls a bit, but that's less clear.
    lmao this conversation will reach all sorts of awkward yet humorous areas, but the cops could've thought those were man boobs? I know we all have different perspectives on this but A LOT of people would think that was a guy, and it seems pretty clear that was the look she was going for.

The video is not long enough to make that distinction. It seems pretty obvious at least one person had a problem, otherwise the cops wouldn't have been called. And it makes sense that the person or persons who had an issue would not stick around to find out what happens. Nothing wrong with that, I mean if I call the cops on a drug dealer, I'm not going to walk with them as they arrest the guy. And I'm not saying that this person is as bad as a drug dealer lol. Just a case of mistaken identity.
    Yeah.. they're so concerned about the "decency" of their bathroom that they JET out to call the cops (assuming the cops were quick, given she was still in the bathroom) and aren't there to identify the person at all? Meh. Unless they did so as anon, which is even sadder.

Wait. Is this a real story? What did she do just hang out in the bathroom until the police showed up? I guess its a women's bathroom and it does take them a while. Were the police just sitting outside? She couldn't have done her business and left before the police showed up?

*shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole situation in NC is really sad

I don't care who's side you're on or what you believe, there is so much unneeded hate and anger over all of this and it's so unnecessary. We're all people, in the end, it's such a shame we can't get along and treat each other with respect regardless of our views.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    It kind of is if someone reports you as the opposite gender and they felt harassed in some way by it. Also we don't know if all they did was just use the bathroom or was hanging out outside the stalls and unnerving other users.
    Waiting for your friends in the bathroom really isn't a crime. And it's really really really really really common in women's restrooms (and creepy when they start talking to you / each other, RIP )