Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quickbowjob View Post
    Blizzard is hiring! Server engineer for Classic Games.
    https://twitter.com/Abe_Ramos/status/725389822039187456
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing~

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    We want legacy servers.
    Ok,, how about pristine servers.

*stares blankly at post bewildered and dumbfounded*
    Operation Red Wing

To take care of the Diablo 2/Starcraft 1 servers, maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    You are more dense than I thought. This right here is the exact reason why I neglect to even try to converse with your points.

Well, it's explicitely about other Blizzard game (Diablo/Warcraft/Starcraft).
    Though, again, the fact they can afford to upgrade these old game who barely sell and don't have subscription revenue, is a pretty good evidence that the claims "integrating legacy code to B.Net is a colossal and costly work" are just shit arguments (not that it wasn't already obvious to begin with).

Deleted
    They are updating their old games like wc3, StarCraft and D2 so they run on modern operating systems.
    Guess they are doing some work on the servers as well
    These positions have been open for quite some time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    A couple of things you as missing. I don't consider the game harder just because the overall pool of my health and mana was so low that I have to stop and eat/drink after a fight with 1 mob because it was tuned that way. There was no real threat while leveling if you take the slow and steady approach, just the time consuming factor of having to replenish your mana because it took all of it to kill 1 mob.
    Vanilla levelling was substantially harder than today, despite the attempt to downplay it.

Mobs had more health, relative to you.

Mobs did more damage, relative to you.

Players had less health, relative to mobs.

Players did less damage, relative to mobs.

Mobs also had mechanics such as fleeing, snaring, fearing and debuffs that you couldn't simply ignore. Players also didn't have the raft of "I win" buttons that they have now. In short, the game was substantially harder in vanilla, by any objective measure, and there's isn't a single, plausible argument to the contrary.

The Pristine server idea turns off heirlooms, so you quite literally go back to running dungeons and questing in greens, taking out some of the trivialization of them.
    I've actually experimented without heirlooms and just levelling via quest rewards. The game is still trivially easy thanks to what I mentioned above, and the fact that your quest rewards are substantially better (and in substantially higher stock) than they were during vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
    You are more dense than I thought. This right here is the exact reason why I neglect to even try to converse with your points.
    You neglect to converse with me because you can't even fathom a counter-argument.

That's why you're resorting to insults that will simply get you infracted, rather than trying to have a discussion from an entire post where I essentially proved every one of your dubious claims wrong.

But, yeah. I'm more dense than you thought. Keep telling yourself that, pal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Well, it's explicitely about other Blizzard game (Diablo/Warcraft/Starcraft).
    Though, again, the fact they can afford to upgrade these old game who barely sell and don't have subscription revenue, is a pretty good evidence that the claims "integrating legacy code to B.Net is a colossal and costly work" are just shit arguments (not that it wasn't already obvious to begin with).
    Did they announce anything about integrating them into the new battle.net?
    Last thing I heard was only about compatibility with newer hardware/OS

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I really hope they don't introduce vanilla/legacy servers. Keep the past in the past.
    Just because you play old games doesn't mean they can't make new games too.

Should I throw out my old NES, SNES, and N64 as well? Should I never pick up and play an old Zelda or Final Fantasy game?

Old games can be classics people enjoy for generations. People want the ability to enjoy classic WoW just the same way they can load up Mega Man 2 and enjoy it.

That doesn't mean you can't have new stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevera View Post
    Did they announce anything about integrating them into the new battle.net?
    Last thing I heard was only about compatibility with newer hardware/OS
    The job offer ask for networking knowledge and talk of implementing new features.
    I might get ahead of myself but that looks like a lot about integrating modern B.Net

- - - Updated - - -

I really hope they don't introduce vanilla/legacy servers. Keep the past in the past. Its like all these studios making remakes of old classic movies/TV shows.

Instead focus on making the current game better. Innovate, come up with new stuff.
    I'll keep Dragon Age : Origins over Dragon Age II, TYVM.
    If you're such a lobotomized drone you consider a new game is automatically better and should remove the older from existence, then go drool in a corner and don't try to impose your stupidity on others, thanks.
    If you're not there yet, then stop spouting nonsense.
    Yeah a lot of people may want legacy, but thats just looking for nostalgia. Its like how we might long over our days in High School and College. Do we actually want to go back or do we want to move on with our lives?
    Oh the same "nostalgia" retarded shit. How original

I really hope they don't introduce vanilla/legacy servers. Keep the past in the past. Its like all these studios making remakes of old classic movies/TV shows.

Instead focus on making the current game better. Innovate, come up with new stuff.

Yeah a lot of people may want legacy, but thats just looking for nostalgia. Its like how we might long over our days in High School and College. Do we actually want to go back or do we want to move on with our lives?

Actually, it's like a classic movie getting a shitty remake and then having the classic movie removed from all stores and stream sites. Then you would see the bunch of self-righteous pricks in this thread scream "PIRACY LOSERS" if someone had the AUDACITY to torrent the classic movie.
    You and your God don't frighten me. You see, you and I believe in different things. You wanna know what I believe in? The Will of Fire. Right now, the God you should be worried about isn't your stupid Jashin or anyone else. It's me, because I'm the one who's about to pass judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    Great. You found out that 10 years ago no one choose vanilla over any other version because there wasn't any other version available yet and all server could only be vanilla or some custom bastardization of vanilla.

Now explain what your genius finding has to do with the argument that the existence of vanilla server in a post vanilla era, read now, not back then in vanilla, is evidence for demand for vanilla server over later versions and then how it makes that claim 'false'?
    I already have. Its false to say that at least some of the people playing pirating the servers do so because its free. Thats just ridiculous. Of course they do it because its free. If not, I'd expect every single one of them to be subbed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I already have. Its false to say that at least some of the people playing pirating the servers do so because its free. Thats just ridiculous. Of course they do it because its free. If not, I'd expect every single one of them to be subbed.
    No you didn't. You just pointed out something that happend in the past under different circumstances that has no implications on the argument made. You didn't even explain anything at all. You just jumped to some conclusion you likely had before you spun up that response in denial.

Now you make a whole different 'argument'. There is no 'they would be subbed'. You can not sub to Vanilla WoW. It's not possible. Thats what this is all about for fucks sake. No one 'does' that. Your false dillemma doesn't exist.

Your previous point was already stupid and oblivious but now your response is so retarded and beyond spinning I assume you are just dishonest.
    Last edited by mmoc36f28662f1; 2016-04-28 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    No you didn't. You just pointed out something that happend in the past under different circumstances that has no implications on the argument made. You didn't even explain anything at all. You just jumped to some conclusion you likely had before you spun up that response in denial.

Now you make a whole different 'argument'. There is no 'they would be subbed'. You can not sub to Vanilla WoW. It's not possible. Thats what this is all about. Your false dillemma doesn't exist.

Your previous point was already stupid and oblivious now your response is so retarded I assume you are just dishonest.
    Thats fine. If you want to just call names instead of discuss. The original claim was that people played on pirate servers because they like the content, and not because they want to play for free. Well, sorry. Pirate servers existing during Vanilla disproves that. Why else play on a pirate server during that time?

And if you truly wanted to just "enjoy the content" of a pirate server, then you can remain subbed so Blizzard gets their money. Otherwise, it sure does seem like you just want to play for free.

Deleted
    Thats fine. If you want to just call names instead of discuss. The original claim was that people played on pirate servers because they like the content, and not because they want to play for free. Well, sorry. Pirate servers existing during Vanilla disproves that. Why else play on a pirate server during that time?

And if you truly wanted to just "enjoy the content" of a pirate server, then you can remain subbed so Blizzard gets their money. Otherwise, it sure does seem like you just want to play for free.
    You are just circling trough your failed arguments that didn't disprove anything of relevance yet, not discussing anything, now don't try to change the argument you failed to counter just because your responses made no sense. Go then circle to the responses debunking them too if you want to act ignorant and don't expect to be taken serious anymore. You know where they are.
    Last edited by mmoc36f28662f1; 2016-04-28 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    The pristine server thing is hilarious, literally nobody asked for that or wanted that. Blizzard has a knack for doing this lately, especially with stuff like the Garrison. But anyway, the game is too broken, even removing LFR and LFD isn't going to improve things - it would've been a good move a few years ago but it's kind of too late. Blizzard once again not listening to the players.
    I wouldn't say no one wants it. The idea behind it is what a lot of people have criticized current WoW for.

- - - Updated - - -

/yawn
    More people using their own assumptions of why people do things as an argument.

The population of the private servers at the time your referring to was so minuscule as to not be comparable. People who played on private servers played because they wanted to avoid paying for the real thing, but they were so small in number so to be irrelevant. They also lacked any form of community, and often had multipliers to levelling or other cheats in place

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple of things you as missing. I don't consider the game harder just because the overall pool of my health and mana was so low that I have to stop and eat/drink after a fight with 1 mob because it was tuned that way. There was no real threat while leveling if you take the slow and steady approach, just the time consuming factor of having to replenish your mana because it took all of it to kill 1 mob. The Pristine server idea turns off heirlooms, so you quite literally go back to running dungeons and questing in greens, taking out some of the trivialization of them.
    While your other points are quite accurate, some of them are off. I also agree Pristine is a moot point and shouldn't happen, but I also feel that Legacy just isn't in the cards where we are now with retail. Pretty sure it want in this thread but somewhere I stated they should just end WoW after Legion and work on WoW 2, and that if that happens Legacy realms will actually become more viable.
    Quest rewards in modern wow are much better. You didn't get green per quest (aka, by finishing a quest location your stocked with greens with good stats, in vanilla you had barely a green item at this point, which gave you 2 stam or something). They could also address that
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Compare the amount of players that Nostalrius had to the amount of players that the WoD private servers have.

/thread
    You and your God don't frighten me. You see, you and I believe in different things. You wanna know what I believe in? The Will of Fire. Right now, the God you should be worried about isn't your stupid Jashin or anyone else. It's me, because I'm the one who's about to pass judgement.

I just realized that you can get up to 10x normal xp in wow. Most private servers have increased xp realms and make leveling very easy. Normal wow is no different lol
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    "People won't take the time to help me get geared"
    then
    "I'm too busy to get geared, I don't have the time to spare"