Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    04er

New panel is much better AND IT IS NOT SIMPLIFIED

all it does is now show you the stats you have that actually are even usable by your class, also the current one is more annoying to use.....

i really can't understand people going "OMG BLIZZARD SIMILFIING THE GAME" when all they are doing is showing a better panel for your class/spec and all the stats are the EXACT SAME ONES AS BEFORE....

it's like people complaining they can't use a coupon on a item that is on sale for more then the coupon that is for only regular priced items
    AND YES THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

this is just people complaining for the sake of complaining......

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You can keep your bad argument up... but its still bad. It amounts to "but WHY do you need it?!"

Well guess what, some people like that information, and it hurts no one to have it there.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't want to see them, you already have the option of:

A) Not looking
    B) Collapsing that particular tab or,
    C) Moving that tab down to the bottom.

The current iteration is already easy to customize and you can move things and block what you don't like. This change is unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

You can already do that. Which is why this change is bad.
    (ignoring avoidance stats, and considering those that are actually useless to your spec)

If you want to see them, you already have the option of:
    A) getting an addon
    B) not getting an addon

pretty simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Its a case of fixing something that wasn't broken. A waste of time and resources that could have better served the game elsewhere.
    Agreed. This is why WoD failed as they wasted time fixing things that were not broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You can keep your bad argument up... but its still bad. It amounts to "but WHY do you need it?!"

Well guess what, some people like that information, and it hurts no one to have it there.
    Translation: I have absolutely no reason to want it and cannot possibly justify its continued existence on the stat panel, so I am going to insist that your argument is bad because I cannot come up with a counter argument.

Movement speed is unneeded to Anything in the game. It didn't even need to be put in. If you're going to try to fight for it, at the very least, have Some reason other then "some people like it". Because just liking something isn't a good reason to keep it in when it clutters the stat panel and adds nothing of value.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Really?? I know you can move and shift entire panels, but not get rid of just 1 or 2 items in said panel. Yes, I can move down the primary stats panel and not look at it. But I want to see my stamina and Intel, I just don't want to see strength, agility, spirit. Yes I can move down my secondary stats panel, but I want to see my Crit/Haste/Mastery, I just don't want to see Dodge, Parry, Versatility, Block. See.... even with the ability to move PANELS around I'm still stuck with stats that are in no way, shape or form that are needed for my character. This new Stats Panel is in every way better.
    Stuck with, lol? Is it that horrifying?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    04er

New panel is much better AND IT IS NOT SIMPLIFIED

all it does is now show you the stats you have that actually are even usable by your class, also the current one is more annoying to use.....

i really can't understand people going "OMG BLIZZARD SIMILFIING THE GAME" when all they are doing is showing a better panel for your class/spec and all the stats are the EXACT SAME ONES AS BEFORE....
    Well, you are factually wrong, but okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    (ignoring avoidance stats, and considering those that are actually useless to your spec)

If you want to see them, you already have the option of:
    A) getting an addon
    B) not getting an addon

pretty simple really.
    Those are poor options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Translation: I have absolutely no reason to want it and cannot possibly justify its continued existence on the stat panel, so I am going to insist that your argument is bad because I cannot come up with a counter argument.

Movement speed is unneeded to Anything in the game. It didn't even need to be put in. If you're going to try to fight for it, at the very least, have Some reason other then "some people like it". Because just liking something isn't a good reason to keep it in when it clutters the stat panel and adds nothing of value.
    Thats a good enough reason to keep something in the game. People like it and they enjoy having it there. People use it. Its fine if you don't, but its existence does not harm you.

anyone who is "casual" (terrible term i know) dont care about anything other than ilvl, it get's them into lfr or pugs and they think it is the major factor in how much damage they do.
    so it's overcomplicated for the casuals, alright for casuals who want's to get off the lfg raills and too simple for the minority og HC/M raiders (and probly the hardcore CM dungion guys inc. in legion)

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Its a case of fixing something that wasn't broken. A waste of time and resources that could have better served the game elsewhere.
    User interface design and usability is very important to Blizzard whether you agree with them or not. Every expansion they introduce changes to the UI to make it more user-friendly. Some changes may not be for the better, but the continuous improvement is NOT a waste of time or resources in any way.

The same cannot be said about other MMOs with terrible UI and they just leave it to mods or completely forget about it.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    User interface design and usability is very important to Blizzard whether you agree with them or not. Every expansion they introduce changes to the UI to make it more user-friendly. Some changes may not be for the better, but the continuous improvement is NOT a waste of time or resources in any way.

The same cannot be said about other MMOs with terrible UI and they just leave it to mods or completely forget about it.
    Hiding information from players is not user friendly.

There are many good UI improvement in the Alpha, this is not one of them.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Ripstop View Post
    That tells you how much they're modifying a stat, not how much the stat actually is. Not to mention how clunky that is to use.
    Exactly.

For example for Rogues Haste shows how much your energy regen is effected by haste, but not your total energy regen. Hiding info from players is simply bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Hiding information from players is not user friendly.

There are many good UI improvement in the Alpha, this is not one of them.
    Hiding useless information is a Ui improvement. Healers do not need to know their block chance or agility

It doesn't matter if you want to see it. It's not a necessary stat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Exactly.

For example for Rogues Haste shows how much your energy regen is effected by haste, but not your total energy regen. Hiding info from players is simply bad.
    Things like regen and avoidance have already been covered. This is a first iteration. Those stats will most likely be back

I find it hilarious all the people that seriously believe blizzard is being devious with this.
    Oh I know, let's hide [x-y-z] important stat from class and see how pissed they get. Just for laughs.

H
    Things like regen and avoidance have already been covered. This is a first iteration. Those stats will most likely be back

I find it hilarious all the people that seriously believe blizzard is being devious with this.
    Oh I know, let's hide [x-y-z] important stat from class and see how pissed they get. Just for laughs.
    According to the blue post stats like avoidance will be available through the API but not in the stat panel. So yeah next time learn what people are arguing about. Thanks.

According to the blue post stats like avoidance will be available through the API but not in the stat panel. So yeah next time learn what people are arguing about. Thanks.
    Eh? Avoidance is shown there.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Just in case anyone is curious about stats that may be displayed.

Attributes:
    - Strength or Agility or Intellect;
    - Stamina;
    - Armor;
    - Mana Regen (healers only).

Enhancements:
    - Crit;
    - Haste;
    - Mastery;
    - Versatility;
    - Leech;
    - Avoidance.

Do we need anything else? O_o
    Haven't checked the latest build out yet though. May have changed something.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-04-28 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Eh? Avoidance is shown there.

Haven't checked the latest build out yet though. May have changed something.
    Passive avoidance is not shown. Only what is modified by gear.

So they plan on the stat panel to show stats only modified by gear.

In the current iteration all stats are available through the API. It doesn't mean additional, important stats won't be added to the panel

"So yea next time" this is alpha. Things are continuously iterated on

In the current iteration all stats are available through the API. It doesn't mean additional, important stats won't be added to the panel

"So yea next time" this is alpha. Things are continuously iterated on
    Thats all well and good, but we can't give feeedback on what "might" happen.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I agree the new stats panel is very nice love it.