Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Reminds me a lot of the Tyranid swarm from Warhammer 40k. Actually, if you've had the chance to play the newly released Hearthstone expansion, the Ancient One has a rather interesting quote: "The Doom of Worlds wakes once more!". The Ancient One and (probably) the Old Gods might be "outside the cycle" in the sense that the Void Lords can spawn them over and over again, similarly to how the Hive Mind spawns the Swarm Lord over and over in Warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    There are at least 2 of these planets...
    But I don't think its Old Gods, maybe just some planets with hardcore fungi?

If there where so many planets infected with old gods, why hasn't Sageras not destroyed them?
    It's definitely void lord related as the quote he yells says "These are the beings who will destroy the world you fight so futilely to protect!" meaning we're fighting futilely against the Legion and look if you win these guys are going to come and destroy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeii View Post
    odd question but are there any good websites/wikias that give a good tldr; version of all this lore? [never read the books and have next to no clue what's going on lately]
    You really don't need to in order to enjoy the game. In game characters have NO clue about most of what was written in Chronicle. Chronicle is written omnisciently whereas in game you're oblivious to it.

Did i miss something? When did Sargeras want to destroy old gods? I thought he was a corrupted agent of them and wanted to free them, or was being manipulated into doing so. The illidan book, for what its worth, hinted that the legion was being driven to some purpose. Possibly trying to find the prison world.

Blackish-purple tentacles? Glowing purple planet? Yep, Old Gods have almost fully corrupted that world.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryRedVixen View Post
    Did i miss something? When did Sargeras want to destroy old gods? I thought he was a corrupted agent of them and wanted to free them, or was being manipulated into doing so. The illidan book, for what its worth, hinted that the legion was being driven to some purpose. Possibly trying to find the prison world.
    Since the beginning. He was never corrupted nor manipulated.

I assume you haven't read Chronicle, so this is a quick summary of it - long ago, when he was still the Champion of the Pantheon, Sargeras found a planet with a Titan's soul infested by the Old Gods. He captured and interrogated the Nathrezim on that planet, and they told him that the Old Gods were planning to corrupt an infant Titan to turn it into a Dark Titan. This Dark Titan (when born) will be stronger than anything else including the Pantheon, and then will consume everything in the universe to bring all existence under the Void Lords' will. This freaked Sargeras out and he destroyed that planet together with the Old Gods and the Titans' soul.

Since then, he was afraid that the corruption might have spread too far in the universe to fix, that existence itself might have already been flawed. Thus, his purpose is to destroy every life in the universe to make sure there is no corruption from the Void left (pretty much pressing the big reset button on the universe and hope that new uncorrupted life will appear from nothing again). There isn't any prison world.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-04-27 at 09:19 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Since the beginning. He was never corrupted nor manipulated.

I assume you haven't read Chronicle, so this is a quick summary of it - long ago, when he was still the Champion of the Pantheon, Sargeras found a planet with a Titan's soul infested by the Old Gods. He captured and interrogated the Nathrezim on that planet, and they told him that the Old Gods were planning to corrupt an infant Titan to turn it into a Dark Titan. This Dark Titan (when born) will be stronger than anything else including the Pantheon, and then will consume everything in the universe to bring all existence under the Void Lords' will. This freaked Sargeras out and he destroyed that planet together with the Old Gods and the Titans' soul.

Since then, he was afraid that the corruption might have spread too far in the universe to fix, that existence itself might have already been flawed. Thus, his purpose is to destroy every life in the universe to make sure there is no corruption from the Void left (pretty much pressing the big reset button on the universe and hope that new uncorrupted life will appear from nothing again). There isn't any prison world.
    Well, there is a prison world, it's just that the world was a prison for demons, and it was destroyed by Sargeras.

I don't know why but those artwork reminds me of Ratchet and Clank's graphic style.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeii View Post
    odd question but are there any good websites/wikias that give a good tldr; version of all this lore? [never read the books and have next to no clue what's going on lately]
    Wowpedia has a summary of the topics covered in Warcraft: Chronicles and links to related articles, but I'm sure you could find a full summary of the book somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Let's say they gave the Ashbringer to Arathor, because he as a really powerful father, and have us with along with him against the Legion?
    If they then say: Hey, 8.0 will be South Seas, we know why it could be a challenge... we don't have Arathor with us because he as other things to do, but if the lorewise most powerful paladin (the player) goes to the South Seas the ONLY threat would be N'Zoth.
    We are the veterans who killed Illidan, Arthas, 2 Old Gods, an Old god empowered orc, 4 Dragon Aspects and whatnot. And that was without weapons. Also, Ashbringer might be a powerful weapon but at the end of the day it is just a weapon.

And for gameplay purposes I imagined the titan empowerement happens at the end boss not in a whole expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    We are the veterans who killed Illidan, Arthas, 2 Old Gods, an Old god empowered orc, 4 Dragon Aspects and whatnot. And that was without weapons. Also, Ashbringer might be a powerful weapon but at the end of the day it is just a weapon.

And for gameplay purposes I imagined the titan empowerement happens at the end boss not in a whole expansion.
    Illidan we got help, Arthas we had help, yogg-sarong i think it's cannon that the watchers helped us, Deathwing we had help, Archimonde we had help... we are not that good or powerful. So why not keep us as the people on the front lines, but not the ones that get the most credit?

Why should we fear anything other then the Legion and the Void Lords (which cannot enter our universe)?

oh man chronicle really borked the story.. i liked the story of the corrupted titan.. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post

Illidan was weak as fuck and killed a ton of people. Maybe even essentially wiped a raids worth of people before Maiev arrives.

Arthas lost because of stupidity and that's it. If he'd kill Tirion instead of putting him in ice we lose. Tirion won that more than anyone else by smashing Frostmorne, releasing all the souls who held Arthas in place while Terenas resurrected us, allowing us to have a free kill.

Malygos? Alexzstraza was the one that killed him, we were a mere distraction.
    Murozond? The sand time thingy helped us big time and Nozdormu.
    Deathwing? Distraction and interruption until the dragons put their full essence into the Dragon soul and Thrall Kamehameha'd it into Deathwing

C'thun? Maybe
    Yogg? All lights is almost certainly Canon

Garrosh? Even empowered he is likely the weakest out of all the end bosses, nothing really that special.

Welp, as this loosely relates to the Old Gods, there's something I noticed.

"Crooked serpent with no eyes" is a phrase that was datamined as an Old God translation a long time ago.
    Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh. - The crooked serpent with no eyes is watching from the endless sky.
    The part about its tongues flickering through the black pits in dead stars makes it sound like it's a creature on the other side of black holes reaching in.

Who here is thinking Void Lord?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post

"Crooked serpent with no eyes" is a phrase that was datamined as an Old God translation a long time ago.
    The part about its tongues flickering through the black pits in dead stars makes it sound like it's a creature on the other side of black holes reaching in.

Is this from the Legion pre-expansion event or is it old?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Is this from the Legion pre-expansion event or is it old?
    Yeah, it's from the pre-expansion event. The datamined Old God translation was found quite awhile before the pamphlet was released, but it's also genuine.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm thinking it has to do with Hakkar the soulflayer and Sethe the dead god.
    Both are serpents who use Void magic. Hakkar and Sethe are possibly the offspring of this "crooked serpent with no eyes". He could be the Old God seen in Shadowmoon valley who is " the true master of the Arakkoa" but it might be a Void Lord.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

C'thun? Maybe
    Yogg? All lights is almost certainly Canon
    C'thun was unable to build up his strength before we killed him. It seems he had a way to become more powerful, but the Alliance and Horde zerged him before he was able to do so.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wind View Post
    I'm thinking it has to do with Hakkar the soulflayer and Sethe the dead god.
    Both are serpents who use Void magic. Hakkar and Sethe are possibly the offspring of this "crooked serpent with no eyes". He could be the Old God seen in Shadowmoon valley who is " the true master of the Arakkoa" but it might be a Void Lord.

- - - Updated - - -

C'thun was unable to build up his strength before we killed him. It seems he had a way to become more powerful, but the Alliance and Horde zerged him before he was able to do so.
    Maybe, but I'm judging the quote more by its similarities to others ones and how the phrasing makes it sound like its outside and reaching in.

But yeah, serpents were associated with the Old Gods back in Vanilla, with the Druids of the Fang, Naga, and maybe even Hakkar if he's truly associated with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, but I'm judging the quote more by its similarities to others ones and how the phrasing makes it sound like its outside and reaching in.

But yeah, serpents were associated with the Old Gods back in Vanilla, with the Druids of the Fang, Naga, and maybe even Hakkar if he's truly associated with them.
    Yup, druids of the fang are linked with the Emerald Nightmare. The nightmare was created by the Old god Yogg saron and is drenched in Void magic. Hakkar was also attacking the Emerald Dream and corrupting green dragons. During BC, Anzu in outland was bound to Sethe's will and used by the Sethekk(who worship an old god) to attack the Emerald dream.
    And the fact that the Sethekk hallow(the blood of a wind serpent god) grants arakkoa with strong wills the powers of the Void.

There is definitely something going on with this "crooked serpent".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Deleted
    looks like the flying spaghetti monster

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wind View Post
    Yup, druids of the fang are linked with the Emerald Nightmare. The nightmare was created by the Old god Yogg saron and is drenched in Void magic. Hakkar was also attacking the Emerald Dream and corrupting green dragons. During BC, Anzu in outland was bound to Sethe's will and used by the Sethekk(who worship an old god) to attack the Emerald dream.
    And the fact that the Sethekk hallow(the blood of a wind serpent god) grants arakkoa with strong wills the powers of the Void.

There is definitely something going on with this "crooked serpent".
    While some of the Arakkoa may have gained their dark power from Sethe, I believe Terokk and his Talonpriests were said to be empowered by Anzu. The Sethekk aren't the ones who mastered their curse so much as they are the ones who succumbed to it.
    The Raven God Anzu gifted Terokk and his guards with dark powers. In time, they would be known as Talonpriests.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Terokk's_Fall

Honestly, I really hope some form of Anzu or Terokk can come back.