Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I, personally, hate the idea of having players scale down to the zone lvl (i hate it!), but i would love to have some world quests in old zones, to give those zones more relevant, and, more important for me is, that it can let Blizzard talk about things that are happening right now at old zones without having to modify the entire zone (that will let us know how things changed in a zone after the time passed, will make a zone feel less "stuck in time")

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I'd welcome that (the only difference is that I'd make zones scale to max-level instead of you to zone level).

Same for instances and raids. Everything should scale to max-level, they should pick up old content that is unused and make it used, it's a shame it is wasted for nothing.
    I'm not a fan of making the whole world scale. As a player who've played since vanilla I've already done everything there is to do a couple of times over and there is no reason for me to go back to Ashenvale or whatever. But I do want them to make dungeons scale to a max level like SFK did in Cataclysm when you did it on heroic.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I like the idae of more content taking me into the old world. I'd also love to see the whole 'level where you want at any level' idea expanded too, even if it's contained to certain expansions.

I don't know how smooth zone level scaling feels in Legion right now, anybody got any insider info on how it feels like?
    Is it good, or are there still problems when different level dudes fight the same mob?
    Does the mob constantly jump levels then or does its health bar act funny - anything like that?

Funny thought came to mind..wonder what an actual wow dev thinks when they see the average player write "it wouldn't be that hard...or...they should just do this.." Type of statements...they gotta smirk and think."these people have no idea how much work is actually involved"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by digiNuck View Post
    I would take this idea and add branching stories to it. Basically make it so that you begin a quest in your starting area that will last until level 60, but give you branch choices along the way which will take you different places, so that way you can level alts and have them follow a different story line each time, picking up side quests as you go.

It would take a lot of work and probably wouldn't be worth it for a game as old and as established as WoW is, but it would still be a nice twist on the alt game.
    I would actually be 100% okay with this. Like you said, it would be a lot of work for revamping the old world (something Blizzard is likely recalcitrant to do again given the impact it had on their budget, time, and manpower available for Cataclysm endgame development), but the idea that your adventurer can follow a different storyline while still adhering to the overarching plot would be ambitious for an MMO. Not even the story-heavy ones like FFXIV, SWTOR, and Secret World have stories that branch out meaningfully. I'm not sure it's the way to go for WoW, but altering zone storylines to take into account for what you've done before could be a good middle ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I, personally, hate the idea of having players scale down to the zone lvl (i hate it!), but i would love to have some world quests in old zones, to give those zones more relevant, and, more important for me is, that it can let Blizzard talk about things that are happening right now at old zones without having to modify the entire zone (that will let us know how things changed in a zone after the time passed, will make a zone feel less "stuck in time")
    Downscaling in world content tends to feel really clunky and is hard to balance. TOR does it as of the Fallen Empire expansion (they also buffed companions across the board, normalized their stats, and let any companion fill any of the holy trinity with flavor appropriate for their class, contributing to the issue I'm about to denote), and because the balancing is off, even at level 45, my Sith Juggernaut is unstoppable thanks to clunky gear downscaling and companion stats when I go do a class story quest in, say, Dromund Kaas or Korriban, or even Tatooine and Hoth at this point. WoW can't even really properly retune mobs to take into account the item squish, so downscaling is definitely out.

Upscaling mobs to your level, I've noticed, is much more doable insofar as preserving the challenge level intended for a given world (or the lack thereof, depending on your skill level and the developers' intent). From what I've seen in Legion alpha videos, upscaling mobs keeps them a much more legitimate threat (again, relatively speaking here) than downscaling you in, say, Timewalking manages to (thanks to a similar problem as TOR with wonky downscaling on blue/epic gear and legendaries).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!