Page 1 of 76
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

[Megathread] E3 2016

Making one now, so we got a place to put all the news and info once it comes out, got 3 months before it starts. I'll update the thread with links and times once they're released.

USA TIMES

EAJune 12, 1PM PST / 4PM EST

Bethesda June 12, 7PM PST / 10PM EST

Microsoft June 13, 9:30AM PST / 12:30PM EST

PC Gaming ShowJune 13, 12PM PST / 3PM EST

UbisoftJune 13, 1PM PST / 4PM EST

Sony June 13, 6PM PST / 9PM EST

AUS/NZ Times

EA June 13, 8AM NZST / 6AM AEST

Bethesda June 13, 2PM NZST / 12PM AEST

Microsoft June 14, 4:30AM NZST / 2:30AM AEST

PC Gaming Show June 14, 7AM NZST / 5AM AEST

Ubisoft June 14, 8AM NZST / 6AM AEST

Sony June 14, 1PM NZST / 11AM AEST

- - - Updated - - -

List of sites to watch E3 on
    http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/5/26/...tream-schedule

https://www.twitch.tv/easyallies

https://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit

https://www.twitch.tv/ign

- - - Updated - - -

List of currently confirmed games
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/e3/Games_at_E3_2016
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2016-06-12 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Updated op
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/...ess-conference

Bethesda is set to take the stage June 12 at 7pm PT, the Sunday night before E3, for its Bethesda E3 2016 Showcase, where they'll be dropping updates and gameplay clips for their line-up of upcoming games. And this year, you can attend.

After the showcase, BE3 Plus will kick off, a special event open to select fans who sign-up on the Bethesda website. The event will include food, drinks, exclusive hosted interviews, game demos, and even a secret musical performance at 9pm PT. Pre-registration for BE3 Plus opens today and closes Sunday, May 1.

You can watch the Bethesda E3 2016 Showcase on these platforms:

IGN.com
    IGN's YouTube
    IGN's Twitch
    Roku
    IGN's PlayStation 4 App
    IGN's Xbox One App
    IGN's Apple TV App
    IGN's iOS App
    IGN's Android App

The Bethesda E3 2016 Showcase begins at 7pm PT / 10pm ET on June 12 and June 13 at 3am GMT. Don't forget to tune in early for our pre-show coverage and stick around for the post-show.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Any chance at an Elder Scrolls announcement? They typically release a new ES game every five years, and Skyrim came out in 2011 so....

Also hope to hear more about the new Mass Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Any chance at an Elder Scrolls announcement? They typically release a new ES game every five years, and Skyrim came out in 2011 so..
    Assuming Bethesda isn't holding a press conference just for an already announced Dishonored 2 or ESO and Doom expansions, and considering Fallout is out of the way for the rest of decade (side games the likes of New Vegas aside), ESVI is a safe bet.

Keep updating the OP!

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated with both Ubisoft/Microsoft times

Deleted
    It's that time of the year again...

10+ Year Old Account
    EA

While Electronic Arts is skipping a traditional presence at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo, they’ve shared the first details for their EA Play event.

The event will go down from June 12th through the 14th in Los Angeles, and only on June 12th in London. Here’s the full schedule:

PLAY LA (Pacific Standard Time)

Sunday, June 12

1:00pm – 2:00pm – EA Press Conference
    2:00pm – 4:00pm – Open to Media
    4:00pm – 10:00pm – Open to Players

Monday, June 13

9:00am – 9:00pm – Open to all players

Tuesday, June 14

9:00am – 9:00pm – Open to Industry and E3 attendees

PLAY LONDON (British Summer Time)

Sunday, June 12

9:00pm – 10:00pm – Press Conference
    10:00pm – 12:00am – Player session

Electronic Arts recently shared the first look at Titanfall 2, which EA has now confirmed will join their lineup at EA Play.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://kotaku.com/nintendo-will-focu...-nx-1773329999

Nintendo’s next console won’t be at E3, nor will most of their games. The company announced today that the upcoming Zelda will be “the focus of Nintendo’s presence at E3" and that nothing else will be playable on the show floor.

Here’s the full statement from Nintendo of America’s PR. You’ll note that it leaves open the possibility that they’ll talk about other games, even if Zelda is the only one they bring to E3.

Nintendo changes its approach to the show every year. This June, Nintendo will focus its attentions on the upcoming game in The Legend of Zelda franchise. The Wii U version of the game will be playable for the first time on the E3 show floor, and it will be the only playable game Nintendo presents at the show, in order to provide attendees a complete immersion. Additional information about Nintendo’s E3 plans will be announced in the future.

So they might have a Direct where they announce and show off other games, but Zelda will be the only game at their booth, and they won’t touch NX until later this year. That move makes sense: why invite comparisons to PS4.5 and Xbox-whatever when they could just hold their own big blowout and get all the attention on their own?

Nintendo also announced this morning that NX will be out in March 2017 and that Zelda is delayed to next year, too. If you were planning on going to E3 to check out Nintendo games, well, you’d better see if your tickets are refundable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    http://kotaku.com/nintendo-will-focu...-nx-1773329999

Nintendo’s next console won’t be at E3, nor will most of their games. The company announced today that the upcoming Zelda will be “the focus of Nintendo’s presence at E3" and that nothing else will be playable on the show floor.

Here’s the full statement from Nintendo of America’s PR. You’ll note that it leaves open the possibility that they’ll talk about other games, even if Zelda is the only one they bring to E3.

Nintendo changes its approach to the show every year. This June, Nintendo will focus its attentions on the upcoming game in The Legend of Zelda franchise. The Wii U version of the game will be playable for the first time on the E3 show floor, and it will be the only playable game Nintendo presents at the show, in order to provide attendees a complete immersion. Additional information about Nintendo’s E3 plans will be announced in the future.

So they might have a Direct where they announce and show off other games, but Zelda will be the only game at their booth, and they won’t touch NX until later this year. That move makes sense: why invite comparisons to PS4.5 and Xbox-whatever when they could just hold their own big blowout and get all the attention on their own?

Nintendo also announced this morning that NX will be out in March 2017 and that Zelda is delayed to next year, too. If you were planning on going to E3 to check out Nintendo games, well, you’d better see if your tickets are refundable.
    I disagree. If they announce it at E3 and it's less powerful than the PS4.5 then you can at least say that they didn't know what the PS4.5's specs were and thus couldn't change it to exceed theirs. The later you wait the harsher people are going to be on it.

If they aren't showing it at E3 then the only other conference big enough to really make a splash will be Gamescom. We'll see but I don't see how this is a good idea at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I disagree. If they announce it at E3 and it's less powerful than the PS4.5 then you can at least say that they didn't know what the PS4.5's specs were and thus couldn't change it to exceed theirs. The later you wait the harsher people are going to be on it.

If they aren't showing it at E3 then the only other conference big enough to really make a splash will be Gamescom. We'll see but I don't see how this is a good idea at all.
    Didnt really say anything XD all copy-pasted from kotaku

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Didnt really say anything XD all copy-pasted from kotaku
    Ah gotcha lol

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

They've already given us a date - the specs are set in stone no matter when they announce it. If anyone thinks Nintendo will change anything with less than a year until launch they are delusional.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    They've already given us a date - the specs are set in stone no matter when they announce it. If anyone thinks Nintendo will change anything with less than a year until launch they are delusional.
    I understand that but if we're talking about public perception then people are going to be more lenient I feel if they announce it at the same time.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I understand that but if we're talking about public perception then people are going to be more lenient I feel if they announce it at the same time.
    Anyone that is going to be more lenient because system specs are announced sooner is an idiot and we shouldn't care what they think.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://nichegamer.com/2016/05/17/son...e-set-june-13/

We’ve learned that Sony Interactive Entertainment America has announced the date for their E3 2016 press conference.

The even will go down on June 13th at 6 PM Pacific / 9 PM Eastern, and it will be held in the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/...d22d9b1500000d

The Entertainment Software Association has announced E3 Live 2016, a free, ticketed satellite event open to the public throughout the course of the core E3 show, from June 14-16.

Taking place at the LA Live complex - situated next door to E3's home, the LA Convention Centre - the event will feature playable games, live entertainment, industry personality meet-ups and exclusive merchandise for sale. No specific playable games have been detailed at time of writing.

oh sweet jesus. i can't wait for that bethesda goodness.

i'm already moistening.

Last edited by derpkitteh; 2016-05-23 at 05:03 PM.

oh hey, is there any news on whether bioware will be at E3?

i'd be so happy to hear about a new dragon age, but i'm not exactly expecting it either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    oh hey, is there any news on whether bioware will be at E3?

i'd be so happy to hear about a new dragon age, but i'm not exactly expecting it either.
    Almost positive they're going to be there, but its going to be about Mass Effect