mastery also affects the other two talents on the row so the more mastery the more powerful those talents get.

so, no one is worry about the CB change? its does not scale with crit anymore, it makes the pvp talent firestone worthless and it force us to stack mastery O.o?

Quote Originally Posted by gez View Post
    so, no one is worry about the CB change? its does not scale with crit anymore, it makes the pvp talent firestone worthless and it force us to stack mastery O.o?

Quote Originally Posted by Esinar View Post
    Wouldn't hurt for people to read the previous page or two to catch up on stuff before posting. Others have said it about 10 times but I'll say it again...

Our spells Chaos Bolt and Shadow Bolt are unchanged.

The Dimensional Rift portals that use the spell names Shadow Bolt and Chaos Bolt as their damage names are the ones that have been changed.
    /10 characters

Would crit still be the focus of the spec due to the chaotic nature of mastery? Or would be be trying to maximize that mastery on the chance that the good rolls appear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gez View Post
    so, no one is worry about the CB change?
    There is no CB change.

Quote Originally Posted by Retheran View Post
    Would crit still be the focus of the spec due to the chaotic nature of mastery? Or would be be trying to maximize that mastery on the chance that the good rolls appear?
    you cant maximize the mastery, it goes from 1-x% the ceiling raises, the floor stays the same.

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    you cant maximize the mastery, it goes from 1-x% the ceiling raises, the floor stays the same.
    A higher floor with more mastery would go a long way imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    A higher floor with more mastery would go a long way imo.
    i dont disagree with that, just saying currently you cant before the floor stays the same, so mastery just widens the range

Kinda surprised it doesn't work like 0 mastery is 0-30% increase, 1000 mastery is 10-40% increase etc. (just an eg.)
    made by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by gruxxar View Post
    Kinda surprised it doesn't work like 0 mastery is 0-30% increase, 1000 mastery is 10-40% increase etc. (just an eg.)
    Ideally the floor and ceiling would scale with mastery. There's far too much RNG involved for it not to if they want the spec to feel good. I guess we'll see what happens with today's build.

10+ Year Old Account
    lal new Lord of Flames...

Once every 10 minutes, Rain of Fire summons 6 Infernals to serve you for 8 seconds...

That... might be a bit too far in the other direction.

I'm not sure any amount of Infernals can make 8 seconds worthwhile, especially not on a 10 minute cooldown... at this point I think they should just scrap the whole trait and replace it with something else (Doomfire maybe?)

It was never going to be possible to balance it without neutering it completely.

I mean, wtf is the intent with it now? What if there's a low/mid priority AOE pack we need to kiill, are we supposed to waste a 10 minute cooldown on it or just not bother AOE'ing it?
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2016-04-28 at 12:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty badass, but tying it to Rain of Fire is a mistake, because it will make it really a pain in the ass to use, as people would want to save up the burst.

I'd do this:

Rain of Chaos

Your Summon Infernal spell summons 4 additional Infernals to serve you for 10 seconds. That could be cool and it would replace Summon Doomguard as our cooldown it's both more fitting thematically and more awesome. Just intro some ICD there to prevent cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Once every 10 minutes, Rain of Fire summons 6 Infernals to serve you for 8 seconds...
    bliz really needs some fresh blood in the design and implementation ranks for wow. some of the stuff that has come out over this alpha has just been pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

What's so bad about it ? Mathematically it's approximately just an extra (old) 10-minute single Infernal cd. Or like 85% of it. I could compromise with 5 of them for 12 seconds. The duration itself is part of it for me, rather than just the damage - as well as the number of infernals. I guess all the visual stuff.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    What's so bad about it ? Mathematically it's approximately just an extra (old) 10-minute single Infernal cd. Or like 85% of it. I could compromise with 5 of them for 12 seconds. The duration itself is part of it for me, rather than just the damage - as well as the number of infernals. I guess all the visual stuff.
    The problem is that being on a 10 minute CD could make people do counter-intuitive things, like not using RoF at all in a fight until lust, even if there's aoe to be done. That seems like something you'd want to use at the optimal time, rather than just the first time you need aoe.

10 minute cds are always fun....

At least they got the part about the multiple infernals being more epic. So they're trying to listen to our feedback, even if not all the way there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It's the first cast and only the first cast once per fight. You don't necessarily want it on the first cast of the fight, there's no control over that beyond just not using your only baseline aoe. God forbid you use it on a random trash pull in a dungeon and then not have it where you want it.

If it gave you the 10 minute CD button equivalent to our old infernal CD then it'd be acceptable, as is its awful. I'm personally assuming this is just the version of it they were playing around with in this build but not what they have any mild intention of settling on.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    10 minute cds are always fun....

At least they got the part about the multiple infernals being more epic. So they're trying to listen to our feedback, even if not all the way there yet.
    Even if they're small, weak and only live for 8 seconds?