10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's nuts.

Though some review sites are bitching about how they didn't get a review sample, hint, no one did. For something that's being marketed to developers / content creators / whatever, this card makes no sense for the general consumer. AT's Ryan noted.
    Ryan Smith - Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - link
    We're not getting a review sample either. And I'm fine with that. As a gaming card I'd argue your better off with a single GPU setup at this time, and for content creation we aren't currently setup to review VR content creation and the other kinds of use cases AMD is pitching for the card.
    If AT doesn't have a VR content creation test set up, I doubt any other test sites do.
    It's a card that gets workstation validation for gaming/vr creation software and FirePro drivers along with ECC enabled HBM RAM. It's not for gamers =\

10+ Year Old Account
    You can use both drivers with it though for some reason, I wonder if the firepro driver is worse at gaming than the normal one.
    (I remember Nvidia professional cards being very bad at gaming, but AMD's were more or less fine the last time I read a FirePro review)

Regardless of it, the gaming benchmarks are showing that the card is an absolute beast so this probably won't be a problem.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2016-04-26 at 10:55 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this with the older technology or is this newer? I note it says "Pro Duo" so wondering what that entails.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Is this with the older technology or is this newer? I note it says "Pro Duo" so wondering what that entails.
    Dual r9 Fury x on one card, slightly lowered clocks, which means a massive decrease on tdp levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aha.

SOOOO.

I am photographing a 5k marathon on Sunday and I thought, fuck it. Let's rent some gear! :O

I just rented a Canon 5D Mark III and Canon 70-200 F2.8 II L IS USM (which thankfully comes with a UV Filter).

Wowwwwwwwwwww.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aha.

SOOOO.

I am photographing a 5k marathon on Sunday and I thought, fuck it. Let's rent some gear! :O

I just rented a Canon 5D Mark III and Canon 70-200 F2.8 II L IS USM (which thankfully comes with a UV Filter).

Wowwwwwwwwwww.
    You need help. I understood nothing, therefore you need help, haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Canon 5D Mark III = $2,500-3,000 USD camera body. Very nice, professional. A lot of wedding photographers use this. It's great overall, though. But it's pro-grade full-frame. The only better from Canon really, is the 1DX and newer, 1DX Mark II.

Canon 70-200mm F2.8 II L IS USM = $2,100 USD lens. Another very nice, professional piece. A lens that makes for just marvelous portrait pictures. Check out some of the examples on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-70-200mm...ds=70-200+f2.8

Scroll down to the customer images, obviously a lot of the customers are professionals.
    "A flower.

Ordered my first pair of "higher end" headphones, the DT880 Premium 600 ohm. Really excited. Hopefully I see a noticeable difference with my HD558's. Also got a Fiio e10k amp/ac to go with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 05ar9210dkar2130 View Post
    Ordered my first pair of "higher end" headphones, the DT880 Premium 600 ohm. Really excited. Hopefully I see a noticeable difference with my HD558's. Also got a Fiio e10k amp/ac to go with it.
    I actually have the 32 version of it. They have are the most comfortable pair I have ever had. It sounds very good if you like that kind of profile, sounds very clear for me. Sadly my pair ended up dying because the cable. Just try taking care of the cable because it is not a detachable cable, my pair ended up dying because of it. I could solder it or get someone to replace it but I just got another pair of headphones.

On that note...I ended up having to get another cable for it >.<. Though this is a better quality cable...and I did not solder this one either(though it was a lot of work, I was proud that I was able to do it). And before you ask, it was not my solder that was the problem. It was actually the opposite end of the cable, the part where it connects to the headphones ended up getting messed up(and this is how all my cable die). I swear, cable ends is my kryptonite.

Also, I am horrible at buying cables online, I always by them too long, I bought a ten foot usb cable...but I did get 3 of them for 13 dollars.
    Aha.

SOOOO.

Wowwwwwwwwwww.
    I have no idea what you are saying so it must be good. The only thing I really know about cameras is how they work on a basic level/how they were invented and that Sony have the best sensors(?) now.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I have no idea what you are saying so it must be good. The only thing I really know about cameras is how they work on a basic level/how they were invented and that Sony have the best sensors(?) now.
    For phones, yes. Also expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I think that's still debatable. Some people think it's done, but, I think each brand has its benefits.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly they need to band together and make a god lens. Then charge people a million. >.>

Implying they don't already charge people a million for whatever.

So a flatmate called me the other day to ask whether a GPU for 90 usd was a good deal. I said it depends.
    Apparently he wants to leave the consoles behind and join the almighty pm master race. And apparently he met someone at party that GAVE HIM a working z87 mobo and i5-4670k and after my recommendation bought a 290x. Fuck that guy, he doesn't even appreciate what a fucking deal this is for 90 usd total. They both work as well. Flawlessly.
    The 290x even is an Asus strix

Sorry for any grammatical errors I've been drinking.

EDIT: Oh, and 1866 MHz 16GB RAM
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2016-04-28 at 04:26 PM.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile I look at monitor pricing here and see how fucked up our market is.

That UHD TN not adjustable 28" Samsung monitor is almost more expensive than a 40" UHD curved VA Samsung TV that can do 3840x2160@60@4:4:4 just fine.

And I don't have any options either, Dell sells all their models here but they're premium price as normal. Guess I'll just keep this thing until it decides to break (It's been 8 years so I don't really think it'll decide to break by now...).

10+ Year Old Account
    Rip Brazil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Rip Brazil.
    I can buy this thing for 2300 BRL which is actually cheaper than the price it's sold at the US. But decent monitors are twice as expensive at least...

The cheaper non-curved one can be found for ~1800 BRL which is more or less 515 USD right now.

The fact that the Dollar went up and the Real went downhill with our current shit government doesn't help at all, Apple products for example are as expensive as 0km cars...

A Samsung 850 EVO 250gb would cost me 800~900 BRL which is 230~260 USD. The USD->BRL exchange rate used to be < 2 a few years ago, now it's almost 4.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2016-04-28 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    We've got a remote programmer who lives in Sao Paulo. It was cheaper to fly him out to Canada, set him up in a hotel for a couple weeks, buy his laptop here, and send him back home than it was to just re-imburse him for whatever notebook he wanted to buy locally.
    What the fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    A macbook pro with 1tb HDD + the faster CPU costs about $10,000 CDN / $7500 USD in Brazil, and then apparently there are a bunch of extra taxes to worry about on top of it. It's not cheap over there.
    What the fuck.
    Actually reminds me of the $2k PS4.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, some time ago I was complaining here about the lack of smartly designed "compact" ATX layouts.

Just saw this from OC3D and it's exactly what I meant. No drive cages, PSU on the front and the height is ATX motherboard + fans and radiators on top and bottom. It's pretty much perfect.