Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Legion classes seem to be in an unfinished state and this is concerning.

With the recent responses to Brewmasters and Arms warriors on the front page of MMO champ is Legion in danger of being WoD 2.0? It seems to me that stripping and pruning away class defining skills and talents and not filling the void with compelling game play is leaving many with a bitter taste in their mouth.

In short, is Blizz banking too much on legendary set bonuses, class set bonuses, and trinkets to offer dynamic game play? Or is it fundamentally better to build classes and specs that are dynamic and interesting before the introduction of set bonuses and trinkets? Thoughts?

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Thoughts?
    I think you're overreacting.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    I think you're overreacting.
    Many Arms warriors would disagree.

The #1 goal was to ensure WoD Arms did not happen again...Legion Arms is shaping up to be as exciting as watching paint dry.

Yup legion is doomed. Unfinished classes in alpha. Rip wow

Honestly, and this isn't trolling or trying to sound stupid or anything, I liked WoD Arms more than any other iteration of it since Wrath. It felt more like "I must keep an eye on what I'm doing." Coincidentally, Fury was at its best in the game's entire history during WoD as if you took the talent that reduced Wild Strike's cost it felt "furious" and was nearly non-stop action even from ilvl600.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Honestly, and this isn't trolling or trying to sound stupid or anything, I liked WoD Arms more than any other iteration of it since Wrath. It felt more like "I must keep an eye on what I'm doing." Coincidentally, Fury was at its best in the game's entire history during WoD as if you took the talent that reduced Wild Strike's cost it felt "furious" and was nearly non-stop action even from ilvl600.
    Arms has always been about watching what you are doing. The problem with WoD Arms was there wasn't much else to it. But it is not just Arms...Brewmasters went from the most dynamic tanks in the game to a shell of their former selves that you as a player have little interaction with. Anytime a player has less control over what they are doing it tends to dominate the perception more so than the reality of the game play.

Legion still has 4 months until release. Assuming the classes are done is stupid. If you want to make changes to your classes from their current state, give Blizzard feedback on the Alpha forums rather that MMO-Champion, while some developers may read this, it's not the most constructive use of your time.

Many Arms warriors would disagree.

The #1 goal was to ensure WoD Arms did not happen again...Legion Arms is shaping up to be as exciting as watching paint dry.
    Who's number one goal?
    I'm not a warrior, but they are incredibly strong and have an incredible niche in WoD. Its boring, but is Arcane any less boring with all the RNG and spam?
    Ask your self do you want to press buttons in a strange pattern and be the worst spec in the game or do you want to be the top dps, break the rules of DPS, and have a boring "rotation?"

Either way, the Legion Classes are in an "unfinished state" because Legion is in an "unfinished state." You are overreacting. What a surprise.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Who's number one goal?
    I'm not a warrior, but they are incredibly strong and have an incredible niche in WoD. Its boring, but is Arcane any less boring with all the RNG and spam?
    Ask your self do you want to press buttons in a strange pattern and be the worst spec in the game or do you want to be the top dps, break the rules of DPS, and have a boring "rotation?"

Either way, the Legion Classes are in an "unfinished state" because Legion is in an "unfinished state." You are overreacting. What a surprise.
    Number one goal of players and devs...if players and devs don't agree that a WoD Arm situation can not be repeated (and it seems they are about to do it again) then that foreshadows a bad direction for the rest of class design to take. Efficiency isn't interesting if the class isn't fun.

Casses are in an "unfinished state" because Legion is in an "unfinished state." You are overreacting. What a surprise.
    It's not really an overreaction when a developer states that everything is fantastic the way it is (which is essentially saying it's done except for numbers), when practically all feedback given over multiple builds has stated otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Legion still has 4 months until release. Assuming the classes are done is stupid. If you want to make changes to your classes from their current state, give Blizzard feedback on the Alpha forums rather that MMO-Champion, while some developers may read this, it's not the most constructive use of your time.
    The recent blue posts about Brewmasters and Arms Warriors in no uncertain terms said they are happy where the specs are and that means they are pretty much 99% done with the tuning that remains.

Number one goal of players and devs...if players and devs don't agree that a WoD Arm situation can not be repeated (and it seems they are about to do it again) then that foreshadows a bad direction for the rest of class design to take. Efficiency isn't interesting if the class isn't fun.
    I haven't read that. Care to link that post?
    Regardless, the two specs I play the most are Blood and holy Paladin and they change talents every single build.

But ya, if you really don't like warrior and are this worried about it, then time to find a new class. Best advice I can give.
    I've played a Holy Paladin since Classic and the amount of massive shifts its had is unreal.
    I play the class because I like the idea and fantasy of the spec and class. Not because the order of the buttons you press is super engaging after hundreds of hours of pressing them a tier.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The recent blue posts about Brewmasters and Arms Warriors in no uncertain terms said they are happy where the specs are and that means they are pretty much 99% done with the tuning that remains.
    They've tweeted they are happy with balance Druids too. Lo and behold, balance has had significant changes to talents and abilities since then

Quote Originally Posted by Ripstop View Post
    It's not really an overreaction when a developer states that everything is fantastic the way it is (which is essentially saying it's done except for numbers), when practically all feedback given over multiple builds has stated otherwise.
    The bigger problem is prepatch is around the corner and it seems that there is a danger of specs falling the wayside as it did happen in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    gonna call BS on this since the recent alpha build had class changes to it
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Celestalons clearly meant on his posts for Arms and Brewmasters that they pretty much said they won't change gameplay elements of both specs.
    Both specs, however, are completely flawed and devoid of any depth to them.
    Arms is practically a one button spec and Brewmaster can macro their active mitigations on rotational skills.

Who's number one goal?

Arms is only playable right now in HFC because it has overpowered tier bonus and a overpowered class trinket.
    The spec, however, is still 2 buttons spam that you really dont have to think about anything during the gameplay.
    Last edited by Ferozan; 2016-04-28 at 03:15 AM.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

Quote Originally Posted by Ferozan View Post
    Celestalons clearly meant on his posts for Arms and Brewmasters that they pretty much said they won't change gameplay elements of both specs.
    Both specs, however, are completely flawed and devoid of any depth to them.
    On one hand they are on a tight deadline...but then again they have been at this since Nov. Avoiding a WoD situation was imperative to restore and bridge the gap between players and the Blizz team. This seems to hamper such olive branch efforts it seems.

I am not sure what the end goal intent of Legion is, because right now it seems one big incoherent mess.

Deleted
    No trolling, but is there ANY class with depth left? (except shadow priest)

Im concered af, and while its nice that they wanna bring more focus on bosses and their mechanics, the pvp state is hilariously BAD. Go check the pvp section of the alpha forums now that they invited everyone over 2400 rating, basically noone is enjoying it and its shallow as fuck.

I haven't read that. Care to link that post?
    Regardless, the two specs I play the most are Blood and holy Paladin and they change talents every single build.

But ya, if you really don't like warrior and are this worried about it, then time to find a new class. Best advice I can give.
    I've played a Holy Paladin since Classic and the amount of massive shifts its had is unreal.
    I play the class because I like the idea and fantasy of the spec and class. Not because the order of the buttons you press is super engaging after hundreds of hours of pressing them a tier.
    The main difference there is that Blood DK's were acknowledged and Blizzard at least tried to do something. I can't fault them when they're actively trying to fix things they're being given feedback about. That's how the process should work. Brewmasters particularly have been giving feedback with nothing, and we're just now finding out why. "Brewmasters are currently in a really good looking spot, gameplay-wise." There have been no changes or fixes, because despite all the feedback they've been given in multiple threads on official forums, they think everything is great as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Goeres View Post
    No trolling, but is there ANY class with depth left? (except shadow priest)

Im concered af, and while its nice that they wanna bring more focus on bosses and their mechanics, the pvp state is hilariously BAD. Go check the pvp section of the alpha forums now that they invited everyone over 2400 rating, basically noone is enjoying it and its shallow as fuck.
    Shadow Priests definitely have dynamic and interesting game play in Legion. It is also one of the remaining specs with amazing utility...it feels like a classic WoW spec....amazing that we are looking at what used to be the norm as class and spec design as being rare and nostalgic.