Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Too late, I complained about that ages ago

@apepi my only "complaint" about your list is you seem to only leave place for female companion(s)
    Doctor then would have to be Female which would shake things up. If the companion were Male.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    She was already brought back in season 4 and the 50th anniversary.
    It's time to move on.
    Well aware and don't care.
    Last edited by Bigvizz; 2016-04-26 at 09:06 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    Doctor then would have to be Female which would shake things up. If the companion were Male.
    Um what? That is not how it works. You don't always need a male and female as frontrunners. You could have two males or two females...
    @Rixis this is my wishlist for what I hope they do with the new companion. If anyone has been pushing for a male companion, it would be me after we lost Amy.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Um what? That is not how it works. You don't always need a male and female as frontrunners. You could have two males or two females...
    It works better to intermingle, two guys is too much of a sausage fest and two women would get bogged down with emotions and lack any fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    when donna was revealed she was just a lady in a dress screaming and everyone hated her, that was before she even became a companion
    The special with donna and the robot puppets was amazing.
    I like her from there on even before she was to become companion.

This girl i hate with passion and i haven't even seen a full episode with her.

This alone should tell you how bad she is for me.
    Yes i hate her nothing will change that for the time been get used to it and stop telling me i'm wrong because i have diffrent opinion then some of you.

Donna was easily the best companion in the "rebooted" series, followed by Rory.
    "Everyone" did not hate Donna, that's insane hyperbole. She was quite popular but the most challenging companion of the new run.

Clara had potential but the writers never seemed to be consistent with her having a character, she was just whatever was needed for the story and as such she lacked personality. She was sometimes written well, other times very badly, but aside from it being the same actress in the role she never felt like a real person. I think that was due to her entire raison d'etre being caught up in the 11th Doctor's story and the "Impossible Girl" thing, then needing to be written with a new Doctor and then she said she was leaving but didn't, so there was an awful lot of scrambling which definitely impacted the quality of the scripts, and directors never seemed to know what to do with her.
    Honestly she should've been done when the Doctor regenerated into his 12th incarnation.

The new trailer I hope does not give an accurate impression of Bill, and if it does she's just going to be bloody annoying. I could see a companion being glib and sarcastic with the Doctor if she (or he) was from a different planet or period of time and used to high-risk situations or dealing with space travelers. Maybe Bill is, but has a fetish for 1990s Earth clothing styles, who knows. But someone from the 20th-21st century Earth being scooped up by the Doctor would not behave like that unless she was completely insane and unable to discern danger.

Tegan Jovanka worked because she was just so abrasive and refused to take any crap from anyone, having no patience for inanity, but she recognised danger and didn't stop to screw around and be a smart ass. This also worked because she was balanced by Nyssa and Adric.

Anyway. We shall see. Eventually.... 2017.... sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    The new trailer I hope does not give an accurate impression of Bill, and if it does she's just going to be bloody annoying. I could see a companion being glib and sarcastic with the Doctor if she (or he) was from a different planet or period of time and used to high-risk situations or dealing with space travelers. Maybe Bill is, but has a fetish for 1990s Earth clothing styles, who knows. But someone from the 20th-21st century Earth being scooped up by the Doctor would not behave like that unless she was completely insane and unable to discern danger.
    As well as being stereotypically disrespectful or idiotic, whether this is a racial stereotype or a decade stereotype (80s/90s) idk. Plus, I'm getting tired of companions that constantly sass the Doctor. We've been doing this since Donna, continuing to Amy, then Clara, now this. Donna was the best, because her character felt unique. Amy's was supported by Rory, which made their run really special, then Clara was just awful, and now we're getting this.

Like is it too much to ask to bring on an original idea, break the mold of a youthful female, and just do something bold? This feels like pandering to a younger audience or a more diverse audience instead of writing something amazing.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    is she even in the christmas special?
    I'd think so. I'm guessing they'll introduce her then and have a light hearted special, since it's all were getting this year *Sob*.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Like is it too much to ask to bring on an original idea, break the mold of a youthful female, and just do something bold? This feels like pandering to a younger audience or a more diverse audience instead of writing something amazing.
    Indeed. I was hoping for a male companion, which we haven't had since the late 1960s (80s if you count Turlough but he was part of a TARDIS "crew" with Nyssa and Tegan) and given how well Rory was written I thought there was a lot of potential there for something strong.
    But they went with the "young pretty female smarty pants" archetype again. So bold and daring. Granted that's better than the "idiot in love" model but still.
    That the actress is black will only be a "thing" for American audiences, and I doubt it had any deciding factor in casting.

This characterisation is no doubt a marketing move to appeal to younger viewers who don't connect with Capaldi's Doctor and likely never felt anything for Clara.

I hope she's a better character than the trailer suggests, but it's worked as a marketing tool as we're all talking about it!
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Okey dokey!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    but it's worked as a marketing tool as we're all talking about it!
    It could have been a hand-puppet and we'd be talking about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Rixis this is my wishlist for what I hope they do with the new companion. If anyone has been pushing for a male companion, it would be me after we lost Amy.
    Ahh, so you were fitting the list to match with the companion we know of. I thought it was like a "dream companion" list. The use of her/she caught my jibble

10+ Year Old Account
    i wish they'd give us an hour long special just to introduce bill. just to sort of tide us over, cause its ages away!!! zzz
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Any you guys ever play the Doctor Who rpg? Im considering running a game of it, but dont know which book and etc to go off of.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So you thought Donna, the older, less attractive companion, was the worst companion of nuWho then? Cause then we'd know you're full of shit, cause she was awesome.
    So when someone doesnt share YOUR OPPINION hes full of shit right....
    I hated Donna but this "Bill" seems to be worse.....

I am not amused.
    I really wanted a male companion :/.
    Yeah, me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    It could have been a hand-puppet and we'd be talking about it.
    Eh fair point. I guess we're an easy market audience to target

"Okey dokey!"

Peter Capaldi resembles Hugh Laurie

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically, Capaldi is the elder of the two, so Hugh Laurie resembles him

But yes, they do look quite similar.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

i want to see doctor who cross over with rick and morty.

if they can do it with star trek they can do it with them
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Technically, Capaldi is the elder of the two, so Hugh Laurie resembles him

But yes, they do look quite similar.
    That reminds me of something I've heard said on Doctor Who. To paraphrase, Time Lords don't look like humans; humans look like Time Lords.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    That reminds me of something I've heard said on Doctor Who. To paraphrase, Time Lords don't look like humans; humans look like Time Lords.
    Except, Time Lords look like humans becasue they are played by human actors. Half the aliens in Sci-Fi look like humans because they are played by human actors.

What are the other half played by??

"Okey dokey!"