Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Welcome our overlords the Zoo Locks..

Seriously with the Old God expansion its insane..

knife juggler turn 2, knifejuggler+ void walker turn 3, tentacles turn 4, councilman + flame imp + seeker turn 5.. GG Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats... almost NO different from previous expansions you know? Only difference is Forbidden Tentacles, which allows you to really proc Knifejuggler, which was acomplished by, you know, Implosion before?

Seriously, some people need to learn to play...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Meh, Zoo lost a lot losing Implosion and Nerubian Egg. Its still not bad but its not some OP broken deck.

Tentacles get wrecked by any sort of AOE and 1 damage AOE is very common at the moment(Druids with Swipe, Warriors with Whirlwind/Revenge/the new 3/3, Rogues with Fan of Knives, all common classes in the meta).

It's fast but really gets fucked by that cheap AoE that almost every class has. Priest better mulligan hard for that Circle action though.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Yeh I guess you guys are right. I was playing priest so there was nothing I could do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Meh, Zoo lost a lot losing Implosion and Nerubian Egg. Its still not bad but its not some OP broken deck.

Tentacles get wrecked by any sort of AOE and 1 damage AOE is very common at the moment(Druids with Swipe, Warriors with Whirlwind/Revenge/the new 3/3, Rogues with Fan of Knives, all common classes in the meta).
    The problem is I MUST mulligan for a FoK vs a lock due to the threat of tentacles into Sea Giant/Reliquary. If I don't, I'm about to get smashed. If I DO but it turns out he DOESN'T have it early, or is not a zoo lock, I'm losing my early tempo having FoK sitting in my hand
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Yeh I guess you guys are right. I was playing priest so there was nothing I could do.
    FYI priests now have 2 mana combo board clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Thats... almost NO different from previous expansions you know? Only difference is Forbidden Tentacles, which allows you to really proc Knifejuggler, which was acomplished by, you know, Implosion before?

Seriously, some people need to learn to play...
    Pretty much this.

Zoo plays about the same but with some different cards and sometimes with CT as your win condition instead of doomguard combs. And yeah KJ FT is the new KJ Imp.

sure am glad i play freeze mage :^)
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    That entire combo gets murdered by various midrange removals. You just didn't counter it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    As a priest, you have, what, 3 possible answers to a board full of minions as you descrbied?

1) PoH combos for 4 damage to the board (You can replace Auchenai with a new 2 cost spell)
    2) Power Word: Horror is a new option, cleans the board up of 2 damage or lower minions.
    3) Holy Nova

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I dunno, I had a hell of a time in the few games that I played Zoo. Seemed like every deck I ran into was some variation of, "62 taunts and board clear spells".

Apparently it's doing well overall, though. So I guess I sucked (though I had mad success with Zoo in previous "seasons") or got unlucky. /shrug
    Probably just unlucky, I got wrecked last night/this morning playing a few games, both Zoolock and Evolve Shaman can go pretty fast. I'm thinking it might be necessary to look at cards like Abomination and Dark Iron Skulker again for certain decks/strategies
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Probably just unlucky, I got wrecked last night/this morning playing a few games, both Zoolock and Evolve Shaman can go pretty fast. I'm thinking it might be necessary to look at cards like Abomination and Dark Iron Skulker again for certain decks/strategies
    Abom is doing pretty good atm, with the removal of ol' Sludge. Its the only 2 damage board clear left now, AND it can trade with things that are 6 HP, such as one of the two Twin Emps.

decklist plz so i can reach legend
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Zoolock is still viable, but they lost:

- the stickiness of the nerub egg, having a 4/4 after a clear .. similar with creeper
    - the fact that implosion could target an enemy minion while at the same time spawning tokens and proccing KJs .. the new tentacles only spawn tokens, so outside of KJs procs you cant remove something with them

I think its fine

Councilman will be nerfed, I guarantee it. It's essentially an Undertaker that doesn't need the Health upgrades. I can see it getting reduced to 3 health. Not having a problem with them personally, I play pally though, 4x board clears + 2x 20 value heals > zoo.

Zoo is a good deck because it's a fast, focused list against a bunch of trash homebrew decks. Eventually the decks people are copying from Hearthpwn won't be as shitty and Zoo will likely not be a tier 1 deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    Councilman will be nerfed, I guarantee it. It's essentially an Undertaker that doesn't need the Health upgrades. I can see it getting reduced to 3 health. Not having a problem with them personally, I play pally though, 4x board clears + 2x 20 value heals > zoo.
    I'm not sure it will, it seems to be easily removed when I tried it and it's basically a slightly better statted frothing berserker. Frothing is a fantastic card but generally struggles due to not having the right deck to support it.

Even 4 health would get the point across though, and make hte deck completely board cleared aside from sea giants / reliquary seekers (the actual win conditions in most cases, imo)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'm not sure it will, it seems to be easily removed when I tried it and it's basically a slightly better statted frothing berserker. Frothing is a fantastic card but generally struggles due to not having the right deck to support it.

Even 4 health would get the point across though, and make hte deck completely board cleared aside from sea giants / reliquary seekers (the actual win conditions in most cases, imo)
    It will, they nerfed underetaker because it ramped up in both health and attack too fast, a 5 health minion is hard to remove on turn 3, unless you have a SWP or something that can insta gib it, otherwise you're pretty screwed because it ramps up very quickly. For that exact reason I suspect it'll get a health nerf, even at 3 health its still an incredibly powerful card due to how it ramps and the nature of zoo decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    It will, they nerfed underetaker because it ramped up in both health and attack too fast, a 5 health minion is hard to remove on turn 3, unless you have a SWP or something that can insta gib it, otherwise you're pretty screwed because it ramps up very quickly. For that exact reason I suspect it'll get a health nerf, even at 3 health its still an incredibly powerful card due to how it ramps and the nature of zoo decks.
    Frothing berserker ramps faster than even the current zoo deck councilman with 4 health and isn't played in even the aggro/pirate/tempo warriors because it's too easy to remove.

It's an issue card, but given frothings position I'd expect 3 health to be completely unplayable. That means nearly any card will instantly trade with it, it won't do any damage, and it's only purpose is a 3 health late game play.

You could make a 2/3 if you had a villager or the like to trade with your nerf - on turn 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."