Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Worgens and Humans of Gilneas

I wonder, if the Gilnean ever reclaim Gilneas, that will let the Gilneas culture to florish once again, but the nation will be divided into the Cursed Gilneans and non cursed one, how will these two group react to each other?, will the Gilneans end up accepting the curse (we know that the Worgens curse is not transmited to the child upon reproduction, but only by bite or blood) making the Gilneans who doesn't accept the curse the minority and basically outsiders in their own city? or will the Worgen eventually die out?

10+ Year Old Account
    After so long, i think most if not all Gilneans have accepted the curse of the Worgen and learned to live alongside their cursed countrymen.
    I mean, their King is cursed and they still follow him blindly. Excluding Godfrey, i don't recall any other unafflicted Gilnean to have any serious problem with those who are cursed.

The Gilneans can reproduce, but as you said the curse is not transmitted to the child. So in my opinion, unless they keep using the blood to those who have the balls and are crazy enough to drink it, in order to create 'elite' Gilnean forces, especially against the Forsaken, the Worgen will eventually die out. The remaining cursed ones will either die of old age at some point, or die in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    After so long, i think most if not all Gilneans have accepted the curse of the Worgen and learned to live alongside their cursed countrymen.
    I mean, their King is cursed and they still follow him blindly. Excluding Godfrey, i don't recall any other unafflicted Gilnean to have any serious problem with those who are cursed.
    As long as wow exists it is unlikely to be reclaimed, but in a future rts or a book maybe.

The Gilneans can reproduce, but as you said the curse is not transmitted to the child. So in my opinion, unless they keep using the blood to those who have the balls and are crazy enough to drink it, in order to create 'elite' Gilnean forces, especially against the Forsaken, the Worgen will eventually die out. The remaining cursed ones will either die of old age at some point, or die in battle.
    I wouldn't be surprised if drinking worgen blood becomes mandatory for military service in Gilneas at some point.

10+ Year Old Account

But if they end up accepting the curse, and maybe even see it as a way to "evolve" that would give them a reason to give the curse to new gilneans (also it seens that those that drink the blood of the worgen are not as affected by the "mindless rage").

Note: Also it looks like that there are other non-gilnean worgens that joined the Alliance after the Worgen joined, so those may also push for others to accept the curse

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    As long as wow exists it is unlikely to be reclaimed, but in a future rts or a book maybe.
    Well... it doesn't have to be Gilneas, as soon as they get a place to call "home", their culture will florish

I wouldn't be surprised if drinking worgen blood becomes mandatory for military service in Gilneas at some point.
    It doesn't have to be only for military service, i mean... it could be a great option for the old and the sick, i mean... we got an old lady who got the curse and she became stronger, faster, and more lively to the point that she (a civilian) could easily maul a Forsaken soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well... it doesn't have to be Gilneas, as soon as they get a place to call "home", their culture will florish
    Considering how patriotic they are ..... yeah right ;P

They will try to take it back no matter the cost.

It doesn't have to be only for military service, i mean... it could be a great option for the old and the sick, i mean... we got an old lady who got the curse and she became stronger, faster, and more lively to the point that she (a civilian) could easily maul a Forsaken soldier
    True but worgen blood isn't good for anyone, if the person is weak willed you have a savage mass murder on your hand.

...you have a savage mass murder on your hand.
    Well that describes every player character in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Well that describes every player character in the game.
    But we are special snowflakes, who will slaughter everything for a few gold coins, we are talking about grannys eating their grandchildren, instead of handing out cookies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how patriotic they are ..... yeah right ;P

They will try to take it back no matter the cost.
    True, its also pointed out in Legion that many worgen want to just rush back to Gilneas now that most of the Forsaken forces are away

True but worgen blood isn't good for anyone, if the person is weak willed you have a savage mass murder on your hand.
    That's true, but remember:

"The Worgen mindless state is much different than that of the Forsaken one, having stages before reaching full effect. Similar to the Forsaken's, the Worgen mindless state seems to only affect those who were afflicted by the Worgen Bite, rather than by drinking the blood of the Worgen. "

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as this hurts me it is a very likely scenario, although i honestly hope not.
    In case you haven't heard about this quest already, in Legion as an Alliance player you find the diary of a Forsaken Captain at the (i think) Broken Shore that talks about how his fleet was moved from the Gilnean coast to reinforce here.
    Taking that to Genn he decides this is the time to attack and retake Gilneas, and asks you to keep this secret. Saw details of it on another forum in here some weeks ago, i don't remember it 100% so i may be wrong on some things.

Me too. And that would be kinda badass to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Also it looks like that there are other non-gilnean worgens that joined the Alliance after the Worgen joined, so those may also push for others to accept the curse
    Yeah, Ivar's pack. The last time we saw him and his pack was in Hillsbrand, i wonder if they're still active and Gilnean-friendly. Bloodfang is a pretty savage pack, way more than the Gilneans, they are awesome.

As much as this hurts me it is a very likely scenario, although i honestly hope not.
    In case you haven't heard about this quest already, in Legion as an Alliance player you find the diary of a Forsaken Captain at the (i think) Broken Shore that talks about how his fleet was moved from the Gilnean coast to reinforce here.
    Taking that to Genn he decides this is the time to attack and retake Gilneas, and asks you to keep this secret. Saw details of it on another forum in here some weeks ago, i don't remember it 100% so i may be wrong on some things.
    Yeah I heard about that, but Varian already said something similar at the end of mop, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yeah, Ivar's pack. The last time we saw him and his pack was in Hillsbrand, i wonder if they're still active and Gilnean-friendly. Bloodfang is a pretty savage pack, way more than the Gilneans, they are awesome.
    If they survived that is, they did receive quite a trashing during the questing experience and if they survived i doubt they will be friendly to the general Gilnean, all they had in common was their hatred for the forsaken after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I heard about that, but Varian already said something similar at the end of mop, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Exactly, and that's why i'm trying not to be so enthusiastic about it, i don't want to get hugely disappointed once more.
    On the other hand though, if you consider Genn's sudden major role in Legion, it's hard for me not to have high hopes for a possible reclamation.

If they survived that is, they did receive quite a trashing during the questing experience and if they survived i doubt they will be friendly to the general Gilnean, all they had in common was their hatred for the forsaken after all.
    To be honest i was surprised to see Ivar friendly to the Alliance in Shadowfang Keep and Hillsbrand after what happened in Silverpine with Crowley. So i guess if they are still around, they will probably continue to help because of their common hatred for the Forsaken.
    Last edited by Graden; 2016-04-27 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, and that's why i'm trying not to be so enthusiastic about it, i don't want to get hugely disappointed once more.
    On the other hand though, if you consider Genn's sudden major role in Legion, it's hard for me not to have high hopes for a possible reclamation.
    I still think we could have Gilneas reclaimed and just not be shown in game (like many things)

I really hope they take Gilneas back. Fuck the Burning Legion, let the plebs fight them. Genn was always a guy who only cared about his own nation, which is why he left the Alliance in the first place.

Plus it would be awesome to have an Alliance city and a Horde city so close together. Maybe we'll finally have some world PvP again.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Maybe we'll finally have some world PvP again.
    We would have world pvp if blizz would reward it, as long as that doesn't happen you won't have much world pvp

10+ Year Old Account

Finally, a proper Gilnean mount. About bloody time.

Yeah, great. Oh wait, only for fucking PvP'ers. Fuck you Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Yeah, great. Oh wait, only for fucking PvP'ers. Fuck you Blizzard.
    Getting the saddle is preety easy; just takes lots of effort and time. Reminding me; I really need to start farming for it.

Offtopic question: Are these mounts cross-account or character-only?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2016/april/ViciousHorse.jpg

Finally, a proper Gilnean mount. About bloody time.
    Meh, just another horse. We have dozens of those by now. Why couldn't it have been a Wolf-Bear-Pig?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Getting the saddle is preety easy; just takes lots of effort and time. Reminding me; I really need to start farming for it.

Offtopic question: Are these mounts cross-account or character-only?
    Character only ofcourse, just like all the other bullshit vicious mounts

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Meh, just another horse. We have dozens of those by now. Why couldn't it have been a Wolf-Bear-Pig?
    Because the planned Worgen mount was scrapped in favor of making them run on all fours as their mount feature. Then later Blizzard realized the Alliance still needed 2 mounts in parity with the Horde, so they just gave them two standard mountain horses.

I agree that it's not special as far as unique mounts go, but I do think it looks really cool for what it is.

Also probably just me, but it looks a lot shaggier than the Stormwind brand of steed. I think they were trying to make it look more wolfish.