Thread: good nightborne

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

good nightborne

good nightbore are people who are against Elisande but didn't speak out because they didn't want to be exiled and become Nightfallen. You infiltrate the city and recruit them into the Nightfallen's rebellion.

17:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWGsqGIZoiw

future night elves sub race?

i really hope they're either a sub race for night elves or maybe they could get kooky and make them a sub race of blood elf, since their magical cultures mesh.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    good nightbore are people who are against Elisande but didn't speak out because they didn't want to be exiled and become Nightfallen. You infiltrate the city and recruit them into the Nightfallen's rebellion.

Awesome, I think their pose and magical powers make up for something cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Night Elf enthusiast this was a fascinating zone. It's interesting to see the longer-term effects of mana addiction, and of withdrawal. The withering is sorta heartbreaking to see.

I really hope the zone has a handful of special dialogue targetted at Blood Elves (who would know the pains of the addiction well), Night Elves (who the highborne would probably have some animosity towards) and... In particular, Night Elf Mages... who I imagine the Nightborne would have a lot of hatred for their hypocrisy.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get it. #threadtitlepun

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post

They are a perfect candidate for a future Night elf sub-race:

Night Elves:
    Highborne
    Nightborne
    Earthborne - earthborne being part cenarion Elves - i.e Keepers and Dryads but on 2 legs - everything like leaf for hair, moss for facial hair, clawed hands, golden eyes remain

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Earthborne - earthborne being part cenarion Elves - i.e Keepers and Dryads but on 2 legs - everything like leaf for hair, moss for facial hair, clawed hands, golden eyes remain
    they have proven with heroes of the storm that they can have a normal dryad and make armor work for it.

the only challenge is mounts, but if they were ambitious they could just make it so they can't ride mounts. some restrictions are fine, and dryad would be amazing even if it couldn't ride mounts.

This is my theory:

Blizzard is going to add subraces at some point and they aren't going to half-ass it. If it was a matter of just giving players Dark Iron Dwarf or Frost Troll skins they would have done it already.

No, if Blizz adds subraces it's going to be a touted expansion feature and we should expect quite a bit of work to be put into them.

And by work, I mean on the level of detail differentiating the Night Elves from the Nightborne.

Other high-fi subraces could be:

Tauren: Taunka
    Human: Half-Elves
    Orc: Upright Stance / Mag'har
    Gnome: Mechagnome
    Troll: Burlier Forest Trolls / Slender Sand Trolls
    Dwarf: Dark Iron / Wildhammer (Huge variety of faces and Hairstyles)
    Forsaken: Undead Elves

On the topic of Dryads/Keepers, I could see Blizz adding them as a whole new Alliance race that just doesn't use mounts. If there's anything to learn from Legion and Demon Hunters is that anything can happen, there's no idea too crazy if it's cool enough.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    This is my theory:

Blizzard is going to add subraces at some point and they aren't going to half-ass it. If it was a matter of just giving players Dark Iron Dwarf or Frost Troll skins they would have done it already.

No, if Blizz adds subraces it's going to be a touted expansion feature and we should expect quite a bit of work to be put into them.

And by work, I mean on the level of detail differentiating the Night Elves from the Nightborne.

Other high-fi subraces could be:

Tauren: Taunka
    Human: Half-Elves
    Orc: Upright Stance / Mag'har
    Gnome: Mechagnome
    Troll: Burlier Forest Trolls / Slender Sand Trolls
    Dwarf: Dark Iron / Wildhammer (Huge variety of faces and Hairstyles)
    Forsaken: Undead Elves

On the topic of Dryads/Keepers, I could see Blizz adding them as a whole new Alliance race that just doesn't use mounts. If there's anything to learn from Legion and Demon Hunters is that anything can happen, there's no idea too crazy if it's cool enough.
    indeed, they'd have back stories, areas you can pick them up. I wonder how blizzard would sort that out.

Would they allow you to start at the zone we meet many of those sub-races in? I.e. Tuanka start at level 72 in Borean Tundra, Mag'har at level 62 in Nagrand, but Dark Iron's can be at level 1, as new subraces. That way you don't even need to phase, you just put some quests there.

Class selection: It would be interesting how they weave this in - identical class selection as main race would be boring. and sub-races can introduce new possibilities, for example - Nightborne and Highborne can be warlocks where normal night elves would not, Broken be rogues where normal Draenei would not, Eredar be warlocks.

Racials - I expect them to be slight variations of the main race where appropriate - or most could actually have the same as the main race.

Emotes: These I expect some variation from the main race. I'd expect highborne to sound more Blood elfy and High elf more night elfy sorta thing.

Introduction: I expect a select batch of sub-race are introduced, then something like the rate of 1 or 2 every few months

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

And what was crazy about the Legion and Demon Hunters? We knew they'd come sooner or later.

They had already said there would be citizens like that so I really don't know why this would be a shocker.

I couldn't bear to watch the video as the guy couldn't figure out that simple quest for way too long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    And what was crazy about the Legion and Demon Hunters? We knew they'd come sooner or later.
    We really didn't. They only did it as pandering for subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    the fact that they have only two races, i think. there's also a lot of care going into them in general, by far the most customization options of any other class.

if they're willing to put this much love and care into a class, certainly they could do it for a few new races.

10+ Year Old Account
    indeed, they'd have back stories, areas you can pick them up. I wonder how blizzard would sort that out.

Would they allow you to start at the zone we meet many of those sub-races in? I.e. Tuanka start at level 72 in Borean Tundra, Mag'har at level 62 in Nagrand, but Dark Iron's can be at level 1, as new subraces. That way you don't even need to phase, you just put some quests there.

Class selection: It would be interesting how they weave this in - identical class selection as main race would be boring. and sub-races can introduce new possibilities, for example - Nightborne and Highborne can be warlocks where normal night elves would not, Broken be rogues where normal Draenei would not, Eredar be warlocks.

Racials - I expect them to be slight variations of the main race where appropriate - or most could actually have the same as the main race.

Emotes: These I expect some variation from the main race. I'd expect highborne to sound more Blood elfy and High elf more night elfy sorta thing.

Introduction: I expect a select batch of sub-race are introduced, then something like the rate of 1 or 2 every few months
    I hate to be the pessimist, but I just don't see Blizz making a bunch of new quests/altering old quests for subraces. Putting work into the models? Absolutely. I'd also see them allowing some unique class combos for them where applicable (i.e. a Broken warlock), but I am just not sure about the quests. I feel like they'd be more likely to maybe add one or two "new" quests to the normal starting zone of their base race to address the fact that you are something different, but then you'd just immediately go into the standard starting experience.

OT though I do think Nightborne would be a great sub race choice for Nelves. Glad Blizz has changed their minds from the whole "heroes will kill every single one" stuff they were spouting at Blizzcon!
    Last edited by Kelthos; 2016-04-26 at 03:25 AM.

nightborne used NEs skeleton , is perfect for a sub race

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    I hate to be the pessimist, but I just don't see Blizz making a bunch of new quests/altering old quests for subraces. Putting work into the models? Absolutely. I'd also see them allowing some unique class combos for them where applicable (i.e. a Broken warlock), but I am just not sure about the quests. I feel like they'd be more likely to maybe add one or two "new" quests to the normal starting zone of their base race to address the fact that you are something different, but then you'd just immediately go into the standard starting experience.

OT though I do think Nightborne would be a great sub race choice for Nelves. Glad Blizz has changed their minds from the whole "heroes will kill every single one" stuff they were spouting at Blizzcon!
    Oh.. id idn't mean re-quest a whole zone - although that would be neat if they did a phased version of said races typical area, what I meant was they add a new quest or two that gives some background information or 1 quest chain that introduces the race before you continue. Example: Taunka start in East Borean Tundra/West Dragonblight - so you start 72 and there is the opening narrative, and an initial quest cahin, once finisehd - you're part of the horde and you continue with the quests in the area - it doesn't get lazier than that. No rephasing, just a narrative and a quest chain - besides the rollers get to skip 71 levels , almost like the race version of a hero class that starts at a higher level

in the quest DH transforme in female and male nightborne....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    As a Night Elf enthusiast this was a fascinating zone. It's interesting to see the longer-term effects of mana addiction, and of withdrawal. The withering is sorta heartbreaking to see.

I really hope the zone has a handful of special dialogue targetted at Blood Elves (who would know the pains of the addiction well), Night Elves (who the highborne would probably have some animosity towards) and... In particular, Night Elf Mages... who I imagine the Nightborne would have a lot of hatred for their hypocrisy.
    In that case, I'd loregasm quite hard and probably all over the keyboard.
    I'm so excited for Suramar!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh.. id idn't mean re-quest a whole zone - although that would be neat if they did a phased version of said races typical area, what I meant was they add a new quest or two that gives some background information or 1 quest chain that introduces the race before you continue. Example: Taunka start in East Borean Tundra/West Dragonblight - so you start 72 and there is the opening narrative, and an initial quest cahin, once finisehd - you're part of the horde and you continue with the quests in the area - it doesn't get lazier than that. No rephasing, just a narrative and a quest chain - besides the rollers get to skip 71 levels , almost like the race version of a hero class that starts at a higher level
    Ahh, well yes, we are on the same page pretty much then. Only time will tell what ends up happening. Hopefully the Nightborne/Nightfallen won't end up forgotten like most new races introduced in an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i really hope they're either a sub race for night elves or maybe they could get kooky and make them a sub race of blood elf, since their magical cultures mesh.
    I would prefer to have them as NE subrace and give the BE wretched as a subrace (but with a model update, to go with the new "wretched" the Nightborne have -those looks amazing!-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    Ahh, well yes, we are on the same page pretty much then. Only time will tell what ends up happening. Hopefully the Nightborne/Nightfallen won't end up forgotten like most new races introduced in an expansion.
    They could give them to blood elves, but that's very unlikely given that they are night elves, and the only night elf sub-race group in the game. People who know night elf lore should feel them to be totally alien or non-night elf. We should be use to night elves and arcane again, afterall this was their whole society before sundering, and now, many forget that the highborne have rejoined the ranks.

I'm honestly hoping they form a new Elven NPC faction where we see the elves unite again for the first time since the sundering. Suramar being their capital, and this faction becoming a major player in affairs. For players it will be a neutral city, Elven run, and a major hub I hope, in a similar way Stormwind is for the Alliance and Orgirmmar for the horde. Really feel they should make use of this city as a great well after the expansion.

New elf nation would have all the elven groups represented ofc, they could do it in two ways.
    1. Dalaran like - where you have Faction aligned elves like night elves and blood elves alongside high elves, highborne and nightborne ruling the city.
    2. The story has the elves breaking away from the horde and alliance save for a small group they keep with their former allies to help them and watch over them too. We don't want a new Garrosh arising afterall, and we need to keep an eye on those talented humans.
    3. It doesn't affect the horde and alliance at all, just a lot of Elf npcs decide they're aligned with the new elf nation, in a similar way we had a lot of night elves stay with the Cenarion circle. They were Cenarion, but they were alos night elven.

It could end up being something like this. They all go, I'm an Elf first, and alliance (if night/high elf or high/nightborne) or horde (if blood elf, darkfallen, san'layan, felblood) second. Which sort of makes them behave like the Panderan on either faction do, their bond is closer as race now, but they still help out their faction though they won't fight each other directly - unlesss ofc someone's gone rogue and is plotting..there will always be that.