I am not really worried about the change to Lord of Flames. It is bound to get changed. A baseline spell important to the rotation can't just do one extra thing once every 10 minutes. That's just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by avahle View Post
    I am not really worried about the change to Lord of Flames. It is bound to get changed. A baseline spell important to the rotation can't just do one extra thing once every 10 minutes. That's just plain stupid.
    I mean... you'd think. But at this point, who knows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    The problem is that being on a 10 minute CD could make people do counter-intuitive things, like not using RoF at all in a fight until lust, even if there's aoe to be done. That seems like something you'd want to use at the optimal time, rather than just the first time you need aoe.
    This is the problem basically, the idea is great, but tying it to our only baseline AoE? It's like anytime we use RoF, we end up wasting 10 min CD if we want it or not?

They should have tied it to Summon Infernal really or even make it a spell of it's own, because well, why not?

Wow Lord of flames. Now we would have to wait for a huge pack to cast the first rain of fire. Lets not forget about another weak aura on the panel. Lets not forget about "i shouldn't have cast it during the previous aoe" feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    They should have tied it to Summon Infernal really or even make it a spell of it's own, because well, why not?
    seriously blizz, why not?

I don't know how it's possible someone, working as a game dev, could possible think this new Lord of Flames it's a good idea.

Rlly, just scrap out the entire trait and come with something new aoe related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    I don't know how it's possible someone, working as a game dev, could possible think this new Lord of Flames it's a good idea.

Rlly, just scrap out the entire trait and come with something new aoe related.
    Well it IS cool, but impractical with RoF and that restriction.

Deleted
    In the end I think it really depends how much damage the infernals add to RoF. Does it make your first RoF deal double damage? If that's the case it might not be the end of the world, however the mechanic sounds "clunky" at best. I do think they won't make it a special button with the "1 active per artifact" rule they have.

If they'd reduce the cooldown/effect to 1min or something (like a free cataclysm every minute) I don't think it would be as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Even if they're small, weak and only live for 8 seconds?
    Small and weak doesn't bother me though I'd like a longer duration. Player power is a pie chart, I'm not here to quibble about the relative size of various slices.

What I like is having infernals rain from the sky. I don't like not having control of when it happens and would prefer it be able to happen more than once every 10 mins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    Small and weak doesn't bother me though I'd like a longer duration. Player power is a pie chart, I'm not here to quibble about the relative size of various slices.

What I like is having infernals rain from the sky. I don't like not having control of when it happens and would prefer it be able to happen more than once every 10 mins.
    Them being 8 seconds is probably because RoF lasts 8 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    If it gave you the 10 minute CD button equivalent to our old infernal CD then it'd be acceptable, as is its awful. I'm personally assuming this is just the version of it they were playing around with in this build but not what they have any mild intention of settling on.
    My thoughts also.
    A CD would be appropriate and thematic imo.

I am hoping we at least get a response to indicate its a direction they are heading and it has already received improvements on their infernal builds :P

Deleted
    I assume its something they've rushed out for their latest build and not what will be final.

10+ Year Old Account
    So anyone tried it? I need to farm like 1k more AP to be able to respec ><

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    So anyone tried it? I need to farm like 1k more AP to be able to respec ><
    Just hop on the pvp realm where your artifacts are maxed.

The first time I tried to proc them it took me several casts for them to spawn.. I was thinking... is this really another random proc!?! but after the first proc they reliably procced first cast after 10m icd.

The animation of them spawning is pretty neat, they are just infernal green fire balls that rain down with the RoF fireballs. There is no impact dmg, its only Pulsing immolation and melee attacks.

My thoughts on it? Not having control over the proc (outside of just not using RoF to not proc it) is bad design due to the cooldown duration. If it was a 1-2min icd, then I would be ok with it it working this way even if its preferable to have more control over it. As a 10 minute cooldown, i think it is fine so long as we get the control on when its used. i don't see anything wrong with a major trait giving you a one shot big boom talent. There is nothing hat says every talent need to be a rotational spell used multiple times a fight. Big cooldowns are fun, especially when you can put them to good use.

Another notable thing IMO is that in a world where talents so drastically dictate your ability to AoE or ST when swapping between them, even if we go apure ST build we'll have this AoE cooldown and cleave via Havoc baseline.

I like where its headed
    Last edited by Soulzar; 2016-04-28 at 12:35 PM.

Considering their wording of "has been redesigned" I'd assume this is the intended implementation and not a mid-iteration thing.

Is it me or does this whole rain of chaos theme fit demonology more than destro concept wise?

Infernals are a construct made of fel fire, that you have rain down from the sky... I think it fits destro just fine.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Tbh an argument could be made for both Demo and Destro. It would be a cool lvl 100 talent in place of the beholder or soul conduit, but it'd need to be 12s duration and buffed with DE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Just hop on the pvp realm where your artifacts are maxed.

The first time I tried to proc them it took me several casts for them to spawn.. I was thinking... is this really another random proc!?! but after the first proc they reliably procced first cast after 10m icd.
    Good idea... no matter how I try to proc it does not happen... maybe because I spam RoF on training dummies or something.

I would be happy if the talent was nothing more then a minor damage increase for RoF and a very cool visual effect.

No need to reinvent RoF again.

I agree that this was just where they were at when the build went up, I can't imagine this would stay.

Flat dmg increase? No way that's not random enough!

Next build Lord of Flames: Rain of Fire has a 12% chance to summon 6 additional internals. (15 minute icd)

Now that matches the class fantasy of random.