Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So Old Gods and Void Lords are Aliens from another dimension?

I can't call them demons since the Legion is all about demons, hellish, destruction, evil etc. So that makes the Old Gods, and Void Lords Xenos/Aliens.

Demons vs Aliens

Seems pretty cool, it's kinda like a reverse 40k plot since Chaos (demons) are the main and strongest threat in that setting while Aliens are the strongest threat in Warcraft.

if i'm correct, the old gods are a creation of the void lords, and the void existed even before the universe.
    in the begining there was light and void (or darkness) and the clash of those 2 forces created the great dark beyond
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Warp/Immaterium from 40k is pretty much exactly the same as the Twisting Nether of WoW Lore.

The Void is kind of a dimension beyond that, a dimension that exists outside of the Universe but is not chaotic like the Nether is, rather, it's just pure, endless, infinite darkness beyond comprehension. And the Void Lords live in there and want to get out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Void is part of every dimension. Think of it as anti-matter.

Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog View Post
    I can't call them demons since the Legion is all about demons, hellish, destruction, evil etc. So that makes the Old Gods, and Void Lords Xenos/Aliens.

Demons vs Aliens

Seems pretty cool, it's kinda like a reverse 40k plot since Chaos (demons) are the main and strongest threat in that setting while Aliens are the strongest threat in Warcraft.
    Nah. It makes them Dark Gods, and their servants, from beyond our vulgar physical reality.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    The Warp/Immaterium from 40k is pretty much exactly the same as the Twisting Nether of WoW Lore.
    Except not.

The Void Lords are outside the "physical universe", not really a different dimension.

Think of the universe like a stable pocket in a soup of Light and Void; the Void Lords live in that soup but they can't get into the pocket, so they created the Old Gods and threw them across the universe in the hopes of achieving their goals of corrupting it from within.

All timelines and dimensions within our universe exist within our universe, the Void Lords are outside it. The Nether, if I recall correctly, is sort of the barrier between the universe and the medium the Void Lords live in, so it's also outside of timelines.

They're the second strongest force in any Universe.

The first is the Lich King.

demons are just aliens too. there's nothing mystical or divine about them.

there seems to be no overarching deity in wow, so there's no true divine beings.

What about the Naaru?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vriska View Post
    What about the Naaru?
    Naaru are just leftover Light from the Big Bang. They aren't as "pure" as the Void Lords from what I understand

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    demons are just aliens too. there's nothing mystical or divine about them.

there seems to be no overarching deity in wow, so there's no true divine beings.
    Light and Void are the primordial powers of creation, and the most basic Divine powers Priests call upon. While demons might not be especially divine, the Void Lords are.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Light and Void are the primordial powers of creation, and the most basic Divine powers Priests call upon. While demons might not be especially divine, the Void Lords are.
    i think to be a divine being, you have to be a member of the species of a god.

like angels and demons in christianity, they're all the same species, so they're divine beings. light and void aren't really like that, there's no god there, it's just a different dimension.

Demons vs Aliens

Technically the Demons are still aliens. So are a bunch of Orcs like Saurfang and the Draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i think to be a divine being, you have to be a member of the species of a god.

like angels and demons in christianity, they're all the same species, so they're divine beings. light and void aren't really like that, there's no god there, it's just a different dimension.
    Void and Light are regarded as Divine powers in Warcraft, so they're pretty much Divine beings by default. Of course, it's important to realize that WoW is inspired by comicbooks, where you get ideas like Anti-Gods existing as equals to Gods.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2016-04-28 at 08:15 AM.

Demons vs Aliens

They're just a mere creation of the almighty Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    They are fundamentally different at their core, the warp is tied to living beings in the galaxy, the nether is a plane that can exist without anything being alive. If the forces of chaos would pull off a genocidal campaign like the burning crusade they would destroy themselves.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2016-04-28 at 09:15 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Before the physical universe existed, the Light and the Void existed as their own dimensions. Somehow they collided, and the collision produced both the Twisting Nether (at the point where light and void collide, somewhat like matter/antimatter) and the physical universe itself.

We don't know the origin of the Light and Void dimensions, apparently they just always existed, or split from nothing into opposites (again, like matter/antimatter).

Quote Originally Posted by vriska View Post
    What about the Naaru?
    Naaru are beings created by the Light that made it into the physical universe.

From a cosmological stand point, the Void Lords are currently the most powerful beings in Warcraft canon. They just can't directly affect the physical universe, and have to act via the Old Gods.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Demons vs Aliens

We've known that the Old Gods were aliens ever since they added Old Gods lore to the game. The very concept of Old Gods is Lovecraft, which is all about insane aliens causing havoc.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann