Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    whoa whoa whoa a Alpha state game that looks unfinished? NO WAY. I wouldn't start to be worried until we start seeing an actual Beta build and even then, not till several Beta builds in.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Goeres View Post
    No trolling, but is there ANY class with depth left? (except shadow priest)

Im concered af, and while its nice that they wanna bring more focus on bosses and their mechanics, the pvp state is hilariously BAD. Go check the pvp section of the alpha forums now that they invited everyone over 2400 rating, basically noone is enjoying it and its shallow as fuck.
    PvP can go DiaF but I enjoyed most of the classes and specs I played, only ones I didn't try were like, feral and... holy priest? I didn't like the changes to prot pally but a lot of people do so it's cool, but I really really enjoyed fury and prot warrior, enh shaman, both DH specs, all hunter specs, the rogue specs, balance and guardian druid, wasn't a fan of blood dk, but I haven't given it a try since they changes. I've always found Arms boring so its whatever from me on that and BrM I didn't bother cause I haven't liked the class since they removed stagger % from shuffle. But most classes are in a REALLY good place.

(I'll be veng tanking horde and enh shammy alliance in legion, wanted to fury war but we have one so i decided to do enh)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya View Post
    whoa whoa whoa a Alpha state game that looks unfinished? NO WAY. I wouldn't start to be worried until we start seeing an actual Beta build and even then, not till several Beta builds in.
    Problem is that this "alpha" (if you wanna call it that) is that its already been underway for 6 months and while classes have had changes and tuning going on, MANY of them are just as shallow as they were 6 months ago. Theres 3 months left, and if this latest patch is any indication, most classes are screwed.

Thing is, if people think this is whining, imagine what the official forums will be like if the game goes live in this state.

- - - Updated - - -

If this isnt shallow then i dont know what is..

Edit: yea its lvl 110....

I don't think you understand how testing cycles actually work. Beta is spit and polish with minor changes. Alpha is the time to make big mechanical changes to classes. If a developer slaps an "It's done!" sticker on a class in Alpha, you can only expect minor numerical changes going forward. Minor numerical changes don't fix classes that are broken/unfun/terrible.

BrM I didn't bother cause I haven't liked the class since they removed stagger % from shuffle.
    You'll love it now. Stagger is 100% of our "mitigation" (I use that term loosely because you can't actually purify it all)

No trolling, but is there ANY class with depth left? (except shadow priest)

Im concered af, and while its nice that they wanna bring more focus on bosses and their mechanics, the pvp state is hilariously BAD. Go check the pvp section of the alpha forums now that they invited everyone over 2400 rating, basically noone is enjoying it and its shallow as fuck.
    For PVE, there as some classes that are playing really nice, like Shadow Priests, Enhancement Shamans (which were reworked on Legion) and Assass/Outlaw Rogues. Even survival hunters are looking different yet fun to play.

PVP, however, has been completely stripped of any depth on Legion. I did not test it, but i read some of the feedbacks, it is almost like a DPS race between teams because CC's have been changed, streamlined or pruned after the class reworks.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

At that point that is damage tuning and not really changes to how classes and specs play. WoD showed waiting by then it is counterproductive to provide feedback that late in the development cycle.

If this isnt shallow then i dont know what is..

Edit: yea its lvl 110....

--snip--
    That video was posted quite awhile ago and refuted. There is a hell of a lot more depth to DH than that, the guy is choosing not to use other buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That video was posted quite awhile ago and refuted. There is a hell of a lot more depth to DH than that, the guy is choosing not to use other buttons.
    For PVE I agree. But for PVP due to how Leeching works (especially in Demon Form) for Demon Hunters you do not do much else.

As of the last patch, Blues were still talking about design issues and talent changes and Artifact designs and stuff like that. We were still in "design feedback" mode. With this week, there has been a clear order to wrap it up and put the bow on whatever we've got so they can get on with testing. "Alpha is alpha" is a pointless thing to say when Blizzard still have to conform to "Project management is project management". If it is Augst 29th and you're still saying "Alpha is alpha" then you're about as useful as feedback on the same day.

Hopefully some talent changes are still incoming once the tuning is ball-parked. But your designs, for the most part, are now solidified because they need to get a shake on and finish making the expansion at some point in the next 8 weeks and that's frighteningly few builds when you think about it. Don't worry. 8.0 will fix it

Edit: I'm worried my comment implied that "Alpha is alpha" is a useful thing to say at any point in the development cycle. It is not.
    Last edited by thesmall001; 2016-04-28 at 03:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Who's number one goal?
    I'm not a warrior, but they are incredibly strong and have an incredible niche in WoD. Its boring, but is Arcane any less boring with all the RNG and spam?
    Ask your self do you want to press buttons in a strange pattern and be the worst spec in the game or do you want to be the top dps, break the rules of DPS, and have a boring "rotation?"

Either way, the Legion Classes are in an "unfinished state" because Legion is in an "unfinished state." You are overreacting. What a surprise.
    Ah, yes, the "shut up it's not done" bullshit. Followed by the "you should have said something before it went live... well... they'll fix it in the next expac." BS.

Do you people connect both neurons before you type?

Marksman Hunter is in a precarious state as well given the last few builds. It seem Blizz tried to do way too much change in such a short span of time and they simply ran out of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh........

Thing is, if people think this is whining, imagine what the official forums will be like if the game goes live in this state.
    Oh you have no idea, i will be making popcorn and getting a beer...the drama will be fun anyway. I mean the release is really soon and it´s still in "alpha"

But that video o.O

People complaining about their class on alpha when Disc Priest spent a full expansion spamming 1 button 95% of the time.

GG.

Deleted
    I have to agree. For some specs at least. Look at Assassination Rogues for example. They removed Gouge which has been a fun core Rogue utility since day 1 (and will probably be a very useful skill in Mythic+ dungeons, especially with the tank-less modifier). They removed dispatch and its proc. They even added a simple but powerful poison that removes the interaction between poisons and Envenom, literally the only effect of this new poison is to remove complexity from the spec. Good job, Blizz... So what's left for Assassination is keeping 1-2 bleeds up and spamming mut/envenom. Assassination already had a relatively boring/simple playstyle and the only thing they've done in Legion is make it way worse. What the hell are they thinking? Seriously... Also, what's with the level 100 talents being terrible and 100% uninspiring for all Rogue specs?

Some specs feel fine though. I'm pretty happy with Holy and Disc in Legion so far, and I like their thinking around Subtlety, even if the execution might not be quite there yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    People complaining about their class on alpha when Disc Priest spent a full expansion spamming 1 button 95% of the time.

GG.
    You're saying people have no right to complain about anything because others have had it worse at some point in time? Seriously?

Also, Alpha or not Blizz are clearly getting done with mechanical changes and starting to do tuning. So yes, this is definitely the time to voice our concerns if ever.

Deleted
    Just watch how warriors moonkins and spriests replaced the hunters during last raid test and you know what's going on. There is still a lot of tuning to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Donno, but I have been paying attention to frost DKs and steadily its gone from. "OMG everything is candy which talent to choose from!?" To now more a ""This seems watered down and I guess I can aim it for synergy with move X."

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Thoughts?
    Unfinished classes in alpha, yeah I can see how this concerns you. You should be careful the next time it's raining though, you might just be paralyzed from shock when you find it's wet.

Problem is that this "alpha" (if you wanna call it that) is that its already been underway for 6 months and while classes have had changes and tuning going on, MANY of them are just as shallow as they were 6 months ago. Theres 3 months left, and if this latest patch is any indication, most classes are screwed.
    Exactly.

Progress with specs largely looks like a never-ending stream of back-and-forth, which can continue for years. The improvements are so slow and so far and few between, they disappear in the noise.

Obviously, this will end at some point, freezing the specs at some random state, and everybody is scared as to what that state is going to be for their spec.

Deleted
    I would've hoped they learned from the WoD PvP disaster and went back to a more MoP stylish PvP.

I heard far less complaints about PvP and classes being boring in MoP.
    A lot of people were fine with their class back then, they should've changed the ones who weren't.
    Like ret pallys feeling useless outside of burst for example.

Sometimes I don't get why they are changing things. Especially when they use the word "class fantasies" as the new thing for WoD's "savage".
    Just looks like they want to change things for the sake of changing things.

The fact that a lot of PvE players are not mad about being stripped from even more utility abilities through PvP talents baffles me.