Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    This is the biggest issue with anything achievable currently. Blizzard is good enough to ban nos but they fail to hunt all the buyers down - the most popular German boosting site isn't even censored. For years they spam trade with same name and same url... popular (impact leader etc) German streamers also are sponsored by those boost sides, advertising them on stream. Very very sad state of the game.

(those sites accept real money and also trade gold or have partners who sell gold which means rl money trading either way).
    While a separate matter from recolored gear, this also always interested me. "Big name" streamers made no attempt to hide their boosting for money ordeals yet I only remember one person ever getting knocked off Twitch, or banned for doing it. There could be more but I only remember 1. By all means I'm fairly certain the guy who organized my groups sales took real money for it, and handed out gold from his own stock piles at times but he never advertised it or put "somethingboost" links on a Twitch page with 1k+ viewers at any given time. But blizzard never seemed to care about people doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Compared to draenor, perhpas, but CM runs was a big business. I worked for days to get them done by pugs on one char, and I was only welcome because I had an elemental shaman with good enough gear and pots. Still had to buy a couple of dungeons.
    Depends on Server i guess, i got my Golds in 3 days with 1 friend and 3 pugs. (as hunter)

10+ Year Old Account
    They are just toned down versions.

The first step to justice.

Now they just have to re-open MoP challenges and everything will be all right again.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    This is the biggest issue with anything achievable currently. Blizzard is good enough to ban nos but they fail to hunt all the buyers down -
    I personally don't think there's anything wrong with people using in game money they've earned to buy another in game service.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post

Now they just have to re-open MoP challenges and everything will be all right again.
    Yes, this would be great.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    While a separate matter from recolored gear, this also always interested me. "Big name" streamers made no attempt to hide their boosting for money ordeals yet I only remember one person ever getting knocked off Twitch, or banned for doing it. There could be more but I only remember 1. By all means I'm fairly certain the guy who organized my groups sales took real money for it, and handed out gold from his own stock piles at times but he never advertised it or put "somethingboost" links on a Twitch page with 1k+ viewers at any given time. But blizzard never seemed to care about people doing it.
    Boosting for gold has never been against the rules, boosting for Real world currency is, that is your difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Are you just pulling numbers out of ur ass or do you got proof to back this up?

You really should stop giving a dam about what others have. You will enjoy the game more as soon as you do.
    That figure doesn't really mean that much anyway when trying to imply that only that percentage of players were good enough to get it. Very few people fully finish the brawler's guild. Does that mean they aren't skilled enough, or that they just don't care about the rewards? I'm more inclined towards the latter. CM dungeons had (and still have) very little incentive unless you really like the look of the mount and your class set.

If you think the reward is meh and you dislike the method to obtain it, you have to decide if the reward warrants the effort and hassle required to get it. Some examples:
    The 100 3v3 Arena or 40 RBG mounts. You can just dick around at low ratings until you slowly get to 100 wins. I think at least one of the mounts is absolutely gorgeous, but the thought of having to do roughly 200 arena battles (assuming 50% win-rate) just kills any motivation.

There's a good number of DMF toys from all the various races. I'd like to get those, eventually, for completion's sake. I end up at the faire pretty much every time it's there to turn in the quest items you randomly get, but I just keep postponing it because I don't think the races are any fun.

The ugly ass boar from the sabrestalker rep. I had one look at it and just said to myself that I'd get it eventually. I ended up at roughly 3.400 of them by the time I lacked any reason to go to Tanaan, most of them came from the random daily that gives 100 fangs. The one and only reason I finished up on farming the rest was to get 4 more slots in my bank free. Otherwise I would have gone back some time in Legion.

Deleted
    Because buying a CM boost in MoP for 70k was skill, right?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i find the paladin set better than the CM set.

just hide that power ranger helmet, and it's wonderful.
    Quite, and it'll actually match something that ins't a male human... Very much unlike the current blue/gold one.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Why the heck can't they just make NEW class sets for us. It's rubbish to get recoloured armor sets. It feels like padding out content with old content. And of all the armor they choose to recolour they choose MoP CM ones. Why not recolour some awesome BC ones. The recolours are yet again the same dull colour schemes we've seen for last few expansions. The priest one looks like radioactive pee for god's sake. I want armor to get excited about.

"Alright guys we need a special gearset for the order halls!"

"Just recolor the MoP CM sets!"

"Genius!"

Blizzard gonna Blizzard.

Pretty sad to see that some people really love removing things in a game where they complain there's not enough content. All rewards of the past should be available in some form, even if it means challenging methods to obtain them. Removing is never a good choice, I sure felt proud when I got my exclusive items but my self-esteem is not tied to them so much that I cannot tolerate anyone else having them at later point of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=252662/l...pdates?refresh

I guess it's noobs dream come true. Now you get to have the same set as other players just recolored. Best part this is rewards from playing the facebook game.
    hardly - if anything its blizzard admiting it was a mistake to remove mop's cms - wouldnt surprise me if they announce in few weeks that they will be leavin wod cms as they are just as timewalking style instance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post

Being a player with multiple MoP CM sets I don't mind these alterations at all, but I would not want them to open them up again and allow players to get the original.

The balance, speccs etc is so different and could possibly ruin the prestigious value of the sets and achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=252662/l...pdates?refresh

I guess it's noobs dream come true. Now you get to have the same set as other players just recolored. Best part this is rewards from playing the facebook game.
    hardly - if anything its blizzard admiting it was a mistake to remove mop's cms - wouldnt surprise me if they announce in few weeks that they will be leavin wod cms as they are just as timewalking style instance

other thing is they are not 1:1 sets - they have modifed shoudlers in those so they are similiar at best

Without the ridiculous shoulders they lack the prestige of the CM gear but still look nice.

Blizzard drew a nice line this time. Kudos to them.

Still salty I'll never see the shaman cannon shoulders though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even mog the sets I have.

Some of these look better than the original.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Boosting for gold has never been against the rules, boosting for Real world currency is, that is your difference.
    I hope you're not pretending that there wasn't large quantities of real money exchanges, and tons of people streaming their sale runs with various real money boosting services provided in their descriptions. I've seen you post before, I'm not inclined to believe you're that naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Pretty sad to see that some people really love removing things in a game where they complain there's not enough content. All rewards of the past should be available in some form, even if it means challenging methods to obtain them. Removing is never a good choice, I sure felt proud when I got my exclusive items but my self-esteem is not tied to them so much that I cannot tolerate anyone else having them at later point of the game
    and thats exactly why this game is in a bad state right now.
    IMO old mounts shouldn't even drop for a 1% chance, old Tier sets shouldn't be obtainable after the tier is done. Cutting Edge Archimonde shouldn't be available after valor upgrade and so on...
    The only way i'd agree with keeping old content if Blizzard would find a way to make it exactly as challenging as it used to be, but thats just not gonna happen.

I'm torn, I earned it on my Monk and I won't be playing that in Legion, so I'd be nice to have the set(s) on other characters, but it also sucks that they're potentially being given out with little effort ...