Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Zombie-event from pre-wrath, just with demons.

Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You can't opt out entirely, you can still be attacked and have it reapplied apparently. But yes, for a couple of weeks an all in event in the down time should not be a problem for ANYONE.
    So good of you to tell me how I should enjoy the game.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    So good of you to tell me how I should enjoy the game.
    Your are welcome, obviously you needed someone to tell you.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    Cool event, except you can just right click and remove your debuff, so opt out of the event... Soft Blizzard is soft. Then they wonder why people feel wow has changed and leave en masse.
    Can you just imagine the amount of pissing and whining there would be nowdays compared to "back in the day" if there wasn't a way to opt out?

Anyway I'm looking forward to this,I hope it brings total chaos to capital cities for a while,should be fun.

Well, good job Blizzard, good job indeed
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justinhalfout View Post
    Can you just imagine the amount of pissing and whining there would be nowdays compared to "back in the day" if there wasn't a way to opt out?

Anyway I'm looking forward to this,I hope it brings total chaos to capital cities for a while,should be fun.
    I don't need to imagine it, that happened after the WOTLK event, which IMO was the best pre-release event ever. It really set the atmosphere for the expansion, as there was no escape from the undead. Wouldn't you know it, wildly considered to be one of the best WoW expansions as well...

The problem is that a minority of very vocal people whined how they didn't like being forced into a pre- event (although its just for a couple of weeks when there is nothing else to do) and Blizzard decided to listen and since then we have had no memorable or interesting event.

The irony is that Blizzard is scared of losing subs by forcing them in such over immersive events against their will, but in reality they are losing more people who are finding that wow is loosing that immersive world feel which attracted them to this game in the first place.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if the april-fools Bitch Crew is gonna go all out with how their lives are ruined over these couple of weeks of beautiful carnage.

I just tried to teleport to Dalaran with the debuff i picked up in Org,shame it drops off after a zone change :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool event, except you can just right click and remove your debuff, so opt out of the event... Soft Blizzard is soft. Then they wonder why people feel wow has changed and leave en masse.

/yawn

OT, seems like a cool experience, certainly better than the rubbish pre-patch we got for WoD.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can you imagine the screaming and sobbing that would take place here and on the official forums if that wasn't the case?

Hey, I'd love it but my ideas are bad for business.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah, not as good as LK event though as people can just click it off and go back to farming AH or AFKing at the bank.
    Problem is, people hated that even after like 2 hours so you know. Doub't they'll go back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Zombie Invasion 2.0 here we go! PogChamp
    except zombie invasion wasnt a choice. on alpha u can just click off the "participation"

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    except zombie invasion wasnt a choice. on alpha u can just click off the "participation"
    Unless someone makes the guards attack you
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Except it kind of was. You could dispell the zombie disease, and generally speaking zombies were actively going out of their way to get infected.
    In fact, it is a good thing that people can click it off, because there will be people to fight against. Zombie invasion was fun because there were people who didn't want to get infected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgann-Morzz View Post
    O god this is pretty much Zombies 2.0 isn't it? Shinnanigans will be had.
    not quite as they learned and you can just right click to get rid of the debuff if you dont want to take part in the event

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Problem is, people hated that even after like 2 hours so you know. Doub't they'll go back there.
    those who hate stuff liek shit wil ljust afk in their garrisons like they did through whole WoD so who cares -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Shit is real on alpha :

[img]http:/ /img15.hostingpics.net/pics/536829WoWScrnShot042816025146.jpg[/img]

[img]http:/ /img15.hostingpics.net/pics/642307WoWScrnShot042816025204.jpg[/img]
    "The end is coming! Again!"

That sure is a menacing statement. Maybe next expansion they'll have Al Gore yelling: "The end is coming! I'm super serial!"

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    not quite as they learned and you can just right click to get rid of the debuff if you dont want to take part in the event

- - - Updated - - -

those who hate stuff liek shit wil ljust afk in their garrisons like they did through whole WoD so who cares -_-
    Is that so? How do you know? Besides, the ones that like the garrison pays just as much as you do and their opinions count just like yours.

pre-wotlk event was a lot more than "just" the zombie invasion tho. There were all these undead to fight against, a tabard to get, grey loots like "letter to mom" and stuff like that, and ofc. the best thing: 'haunted memento' and the bubble-hs paladin trinket companion. That thing is so authentic, you can mass dispell the bubble and interrupt the hs cast...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Is that so? How do you know? Besides, the ones that like the garrison pays just as much as you do and their opinions count just like yours.
    He means those who don't want to participate can hide in the garrisons.

Deleted
    No need to hide in garrison when you can just click off the buff and not participate at all, Wotlk event was great because you had no choice, everyone was involved, sure it was frustrating at a times when PvP NPC's were killed etc but the event didn't last that long. Being able to just bail out of the fun is going to lead into a handful or less people actually doing this in cities and the rest just AFK.

If you don't want in, stay out of Stormwind like the babby you are.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton