Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    sucks that they're potentially being given out with little effort ...
    You mean these new sets in Legion that is new, that havent been available in previous expansion, that doesnt look exactly the same as some old set.

You do know you can see difference between the sets right?
    and there's difference in colours, oh and some items looks differently, oh and the animations is gone.
    yeah i guess you're right. they are giving out EXACTLY THE SAME set... /sarcasm off.

Sigh.. im startíng to think people are just bickering for the sake of it at this point without any real valid points.
    It's not the MOP Cm set, if it was, it would of said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    I hope you're not pretending that there wasn't large quantities of real money exchanges, and tons of people streaming their sale runs with various real money boosting services provided in their descriptions. I've seen you post before, I'm not inclined to believe you're that naive.
    I'm not pretending there wasn't, just that Blizzard hammers down on it a lot more. They banned a fair few streamers but people only really remember the "popular" ones.

Ever notice Twitch streamers now never ever advertise boosting? Most of them know people will report it and it is all recorded. I'm not saying they don't do it offline, but none do it online at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    They are like discount versions of the CM gear from MoP.

This is fine.
    This. The shoulders are far more basic (excepting the priest shoulders, which just look plain awful, and the hunter set looks nothing like the CM Hunter set) and it's safe to assume they will lack any special spell effects like the CM sets have. Anyone who has the real deal will still be visible at a glance if they're wearing theirs.
    Last edited by Thage; 2016-04-28 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Just woke up, typed paladin when I meant priest.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I can't wait to play the shit out of that GUI :P

Quote Originally Posted by Reloe View Post
    and thats exactly why this game is in a bad state right now.
    IMO old mounts shouldn't even drop for a 1% chance, old Tier sets shouldn't be obtainable after the tier is done. Cutting Edge Archimonde shouldn't be available after valor upgrade and so on...
    The only way i'd agree with keeping old content if Blizzard would find a way to make it exactly as challenging as it used to be, but thats just not gonna happen.
    That's not what Blizzard thinks though. Removing availability just means I'd have half the reasons less to return to old content, severely reducing the things to do and thus, subscription time. I spend most of my time in past content.

Yes, Blizzard has the tech to scale you down to a certain level and item level. They could as well re-open MoP CMs, just scaling you to that level, but as you might guess, new class mechanics and talents may be a problem. It'd still be a way to obtain those items, perhaps bit easier but then it boils down to opinions whether people should or should not be able to get something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yay i can get a kinda look like to my warriors armor now :P ( didnt have internet at the time of Mop =(...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    That's not what Blizzard thinks though. Removing availability just means I'd have half the reasons less to return to old content, severely reducing the things to do and thus, subscription time. I spend most of my time in past content.

Yes, Blizzard has the tech to scale you down to a certain level and item level. They could as well re-open MoP CMs, just scaling you to that level, but as you might guess, new class mechanics and talents may be a problem. It'd still be a way to obtain those items, perhaps bit easier but then it boils down to opinions whether people should or should not be able to get something.
    Personally I'd prefer all old CM rewards be carried over as alternative rewards, to further add longevity for returning or new players (already have the current season reward? Do it again and get the weapons or armor sets! Already have all three? Get the old mounts! Got that? Get a tabard with a /use effect that fires off fireworks and makes you /flex!). As it applies to Mythic+ dungeons, they could be a reward for high-grade runs relative in challenge to high-end raiding.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Wonderful.

I didn't play during MoP and missing out on these sets, especially the mage one, has been my biggest regret in the game for a long while. I have been hoping that they would introduce this kind of reskin ever since I saw the sets themselves, and I really don't care if they have less shoulders and are differently colored. The Druid still looks really good, and I'm really eager to see mages and warlocks.

Also, I can't see anyone with the original CM sets being too upset about this. They are clearly "inferior" versions both in terms of color schemes (using off-colors instead of class primes) and design (shoulders are nerfed), and nobody will ever mistake one for the other. I can understand being mildly upset, but I think the joy they'll bring other players outweighs it.

Fucking hell, Legion just took a big step up in my book. If the warlock and mage sets have good color schemes, that is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=252662/l...pdates?refresh
    I guess it's noobs dream come true. Now you get to have the same set as other players just recolored. Best part this is rewards from playing the facebook game.
    You mean, instead of having to pay 50-70k gold, you now have to do Order Hall stuff? Yeah, certainly got much easier.

Also, most of them look worse than their CM counterpart and can clearly be told apart. An exception would maybe be the Priest set, which looks somewhat better.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little torn on this. I have done the CMs on all 11 Classes in MoP and so far about 3 or so (with about 4 in progress) in Legion. I am all for CM Sets returning like how T3 was brought back, the BMAH. This keeps the set relatively rare (I don't see too many people wearing them nowadays).

On the other hand, a cheaper knockoff version doesn't bother me that much, but I have a mixture of attitudes towards the ones previewed on WoWHead.

Druid - Cheap knock off. Absolutely fine with this.

Paladin - Helm needs to loose its wings or something. Still looks a little too good in terms of Silhouette. Colours are meh

Warrior/Hunter - Fine. Rather nice set but not as great as Golden King/Howling Beast versions. Would prefer a little simpler but it's okay I guess.

Priest - Seems like just a recoloured set. Hoping they tone down the Shoulders/Helm same as Druid Version. Think the colour is pretty hideous though honestly.

In short, if they go down the Druid road (Simplified enough to not be as special as the original) I'm okay with them being relatively easy to obtain. However, if they go Priest road (Recolour), I'll be somewhat disappointed.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Been fuzz about how to get it as well, so!
    CURRENT REQUIREMENTS ON ALPHA

Deleted
    I'ts funny that most of the upset people I run into regarding this are the ones that got boosted.

As someone who actually worked for the mage, warlock, monk, shaman and paladin sets I am very fine with this, mine are still colored differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Been fuzz about how to get it as well, so!
    CURRENT REQUIREMENTS ON ALPHA
    Say WHAT, it's an actual "tier" set, although with a shit tier bonus?

Edit: Never mind, noticed they're not all level 110 items! Fun to see they also serve as some sort of a carrot to chase during levelling O_o

Say WHAT, it's an actual "tier" set, although with a shit tier bonus?
    the right set bonuses isnt added yet on alpha it appears.

10+ Year Old Account
    I earned 9/9 CMs on every class and I'm mildly disappointed to see the visuals coming back but... I mean, they really did choose the worst colors they could on the recolors anyway. It's hard to complain that they all look like ass.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Funny thing is. I bought my MoP CM set from someone selling gold runs. So I'll have to actually work for this set.

old content is no content, atleast thats my opinion. running through old dungeons/raids that doesn't even require any sort of attention to the actual gameplay is no content. Literally a bot written in a few minutes could do that for you.
    Unless they'd introduce giving you MoP talents and skills back reopening old cm's would be a terrible idea or just another of those "we want everyone to achieve everything with little effort" move.

I earned my cm gear, perfectly fine with the recolors. And tbh, i actually prefer the order hall warrior set over my dooky brown plate set.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigged Cannibal View Post
    That hunter one is even uglier than the CM set they got. The color is just blech.

Warrior looks pretty cool, though.
    Already have the priest one, and this one looks pretty identical. Would've loved for the hunter one, but this color and different shoulders. Blegh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    This. The shoulders are far more basic (excepting the priest shoulders, which just look plain awful, and the hunter set looks nothing like the CM Hunter set) and it's safe to assume they will lack any special spell effects like the CM sets have. Anyone who has the real deal will still be visible at a glance if they're wearing theirs.
    It's exactly the hunter set, just recolored blue and without the bear shoulder.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.