Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    "THIS IS FREE SPEECH, THIS IS FREE SPEECH!!!!11" she angrily shouts while demanding someone else to stop his free speech for her sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrach View Post
    "THIS IS FREE SPEECH, THIS IS FREE SPEECH!!!!11" she angrily shouts while demanding someone else to stop his free speech for her sake.
    Technically both are practicing free speech, but with differing amounts of effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Exactly. Ex-fucking-actly.
    The really sad part is that "they" do, tho.

For a long time I cringed about using the word "leftist", but at this point people associate themselves with the whole package so much that this is international and cliche.

What is a "leftist":

Pro-State, Anti-Police, Anti-Armed Civilian, Anti-Military, Pro-Cuba and Palestinians, exaltation of minorities; the refusal to put any sort of blame into any group they deem "opressed" - Blacks, Muslims, the Poor, Sexual Deviants (Now trying to include freaking pedophilia), anti-capitalists, study in government funded institutions and spell out all the garbage their far-left, Che shirt, Rousseau loving History teacher taugth them. Refusal of anything violent (Using violence that they, themselves, are obvious capable of dispensing because they are the perfect arbiters), or in other words, the naivete of not realizing existence is violent.

In the side of anything weak and opressed. Against anything strong and in harmony with itself.

Or in other words, a leftist.

I'm in freaking Brazil and it's the exact same. These people act as a big herd and you then complain about them being this homogeneous mass?

It's what they are.

The "Counter-Culture" anti-PC crowd have opinions all over.
    Last edited by bewbew; 2016-04-28 at 12:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrach View Post
    Pure, unadulterated authoritarianism. "Shut up and do what I say."

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Trade schools as an alternative to college, not high school. And you already have numerous fields where degrees are practically useless on their own because of the massive inflation in the job market. See biology majors, English, sociology, psychology, international relations, even law. And if you are saying that the general purpose of a university should be to provide a higher level of education? Than your goal should be to narrow the focus of universities. Because it is very hard to balance a general well balanced education while also serving as the primary entrance into even the most basic parts of the job market.
    I'm not saying the general purpose of university is just to provide a higher level of education, but when you go to university, you are expected to obtain a well-rounded education; and for good reason: there are several skills you need to develop to be a functioning adult in the working world. If trade school also provided a well-rounded education in addition to a specific skill, I'd be all for your suggestion.

About massive inflation in the job market: that may be unfortunate for individual job seekers, but it's very good for employers and consumers. It means you're much more likely to find people who are qualified for the position. It also means you're more likely to see advances in those fields. Perhaps a solution to excessive over-saturation would be if universities worked more with their students to make sure they're getting degrees in competitive markets, rather then letting their students go in at a free-for-all and taking on useless degrees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Meh.

Can we stop use the word triggering and also the people that use it?
    In all fairness, this is actually a correct usage of the word. The woman who was throwing a tantrum, was triggered. The words spoken to her invoked an extreme emotional response, which is short, is being triggered.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    The really sad part is that "they" do, tho.

For a long time I cringed about using the word "leftist", but at this point people associate themselves with the whole package so much that this is international and cliche.

What is a "leftist":

Pro-State, Anti-Police, Anti-Armed Civilian, Anti-Military, Pro-Cuba and Palestinians, exaltation of minorities; the refusal to put any sort of blame into any group they deem "opressed" - Blacks, Muslims, the Poor, Sexual Deviants (Now trying to include freaking pedophilia), anti-capitalists, study in government funded institutions and spell out all the garbage their far-left, Che shirt, Rousseau loving History teacher taugth them. Refusal of anything violent (Using violence that they, themselves, are obvious capable of dispensing because they are the perfect arbiters), or in other words, the naivete of not realizing existence is violent.

In the side of anything weak and opressed. Against anything strong and in harmony with itself.

Or in other words, a leftist.

I'm in freaking Brazil and it's the exact same. These people act as a big herd and you then complain about them being this homogeneous mass?

It's what they are.

The "Counter-Culture" anti-PC crowd have opinions all over.
    The vast majority of what you just described as "leftist" does not describe me at all. And yet I consider myself to be a "leftist." Which is exactly my point. Your broad stroke is so broad that it almost misses me entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post

Hmmmmmmmmmm

The vast majority of what you just described as "leftist" does not describe me at all. And yet I consider myself to be a "leftist." Which is exactly my point. Your broad stroke is so broad that it almost misses me entirely.
    The label exist because there is people fitting it.

And of course you would answer with an anecdote and saying "I'm different".

We all do. Humans don't like being labeled when spoken to directly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The stupidity of the regressive left and SJWs is full well recognized both by conservatives and progressives, and quite honestly, anyone who considers themselves to be "leftist" or "left-leaning" is definitely driven towards the center by these people. Having said that, personally I think the whole concept of "left", "right" and "center" is some kindergarten-level BS, and I don't ascribe to that, at all.
    Here Here!

Only sith deal in absolutes. I have left ideals, I have right ideals, you can call me a fence sitter, but I just call myself open minded and rational.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

More education does not equal quality of education. And that quality of education does not mean the receiver has the mental faculties to employ that education.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Here Here!

Only sith deal in absolutes. I have left ideals, I have right ideals, you can call me a fence sitter, but I just call myself open minded and rational.
    No one will ever call themselves irrational and stupid, unless they are embarassed, depressed or trying to be humble.

That doesn't make people actually rational.

The label exist because there is people fitting it.

And of course you would answer with an anecdote and saying "I'm different".

We all do. Humans don't like being labeled when spoken to directly.
    Except that you described very specific things you consider to be "leftist" and many of those specific things DO NOT apply to me. It's not me anecdotally saying "I'm different." It's me categorically saying "you're wrong."

Your argument is that "leftist" is defined as all those things you listed. And that if someone identifies as "leftist" then they identify with most or all of the things you listed. That's simply not true. You've proven my point by trying to make yours.

I could make a large list of all the things that stereotypically describe conservatives and can say "if you identify as a conservative, then this list describes you" and I'd be equally as wrong as you are now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the full video, since it seems to be absent from the link.

Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    More education does not equal quality of education. And that quality of education does not mean the receiver has the mental faculties to employ that education.
    More education may not provide the same outcome for all people. But it will usually provide a better outcome than less education ever could. Where this argument fails is when that education is regressive in nature. (Examples include Gender Studies, Religious Studies, psudo-scientific fields of "study," and other types of propaganda indoctrination.)

Except that you described very specific things you consider to be "leftist" and many of those specific things DO NOT apply to me. It's not me anecdotally saying "I'm different." It's me categorically saying "you're wrong."

Your argument is that "leftist" is defined as all those things you listed. And that if someone identifies as "leftist" then they identify with most or all of the things you listed. That's simply not true. You've proven my point by trying to make yours.

I could make a large list of all the things that stereotypically describe conservatives and can say "if you identify as a conservative, then this list describes you" and I'd be equally as wrong as you are now.
    Then you aren't the leftist being mentioned in the topic.

Congratulations.

Or so you say. Could be sitting with a Che hat, sipping your moccha and reading Emile for all I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I'm triggered by your sweeping generalizing interpretation of the posters triggered by the OP triggered by people triggered by a Triggering event.
    I am... nevermind, my head hurts

Then you aren't the leftist being mentioned in the topic.

Congratulations.

Or so you say. Could be sitting with a Che hat, sipping your moccha and reading Emile for all I know.
    You seem to be contradicting your own point. Either your description of leftists describes all leftists or it doesn't. If it does, your point is valid and it's fair to lump them all as you did. If it doesn't, then your description only applies to a specific subset of leftists and is therefore not a valid catchall term for all leftists.

And I assure you, I'm far too busy writing a novel to be reading Emile.

More education may not provide the same outcome for all people. But it will usually provide a better outcome than less education ever could. Where this argument fails is when that education is regressive in nature. (Examples include Gender Studies, Religious Studies, psudo-scientific fields of "study," and other types of propaganda indoctrination.)
    I agree. The limiting factor is the person receiving the education.

I usually don't have an issue with Gender Studies, etc... but I feel that if a person wants to major in one of these fields that really have no career progression or practical application, they shouldn't be able to pay for it with student loans. Same concept as loans for motorcycles, boats, "toys" having higher interest rates because the purchase it self isn't essential.

Except Religious Studies, I don't view them the same as the other useless liberal degrees. There is a clearer career path, just because you or I may not come into contact with a person who has a degree in Religious Studies professionally, I still think that it has its uses, and there is a market for having that education.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Meh.

Can we stop use the word triggering and also the people that use it?
    Awwwwwww are you triggered? Lol