Thread: Legendaries!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by aastarius View Post
    So a player made issue then ...
    Still an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Is this new? Do you have evidence for an ilvl being a 0.1% stat boost? an ilvl is generally more than 1%, and that's lowballing.
    Depends, does "last BlizzCon" count as new for you?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Depends, does "last BlizzCon" count as new for you?
    It being solely in relation to pvp is, because naturally this is not in the pvp specific forum nor a pvp specific thread. Gear has been randomly arbitrary in pvp for multiple expansions now compared to what the gear actually gives, so as a non-pvper it's not exactly something I would know.

But hey, answering an already answered question just so you can make a jab is so cool, +1 to you. Really impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by aastarius View Post
    So a player made issue then ...
    Well, if there weren't any players there wouldn't be any issues at all, right?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care how rare they are , they will be mandatory for me even if my guild doesn't care.
    I'll enjoy grinding them for endless hours.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

and you can get all your reps done and possibly lots of quests for gold and world quests and so much goodness! lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    Sort of. They said X weeks, not "5-10 guilds have killed the final boss". Source. Similar, I know, but someone might care about the difference.

But I don't see anything that says drops will happen in raiding, nor that mythic bosses have a higher chance over normal mobs. Do you have a source for that? Because even as an example, it's probably just wrong.
    looking, but it was a QnA i think, or a twitter post, cause i know people said "why not just farm bears then" and they said bosses will have a muc hhigher chance

Would be very interested in seeing that blue post.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Would be very interested in seeing that blue post.
    Closest I could find was:
    #5 - 2016/02/19 12:29:00 AM
    They can come from anywhere, with more difficult content having a higher likelihood of dropping them (for equivalent time spent).
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...re-concerning/

Doesn't specify raid bosses, but does say "anywhere" - so if raids count as part of anywhere, then yeah higher difficulty raid bosses would have a higher chance.

Thanks! I missed that one.

My personal guess (and it is just a guess) is that players will target legendaries based upon a map area. So if you're trying to get a water-themed sword, you go to an area with lots of naga. Normal naga have an X% chance to drop the legendary, small-group elites a 5X% chance, and world boss elites a 40X% chance. Just my guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Thanks! I missed that one.

My personal guess (and it is just a guess) is that players will target legendaries based upon a map area. So if you're trying to get a water-themed sword, you go to an area with lots of naga. Normal naga have an X% chance to drop the legendary, small-group elites a 5X% chance, and world boss elites a 40X% chance. Just my guess.
    They're all armor pieces, though (with rings being very common), not exactly something you can target thematically like that.

They all have some sort of theme in their name or effect. Shamans would be in elemental areas, warlocks killing fel casters and demon summoners, demon hunters demons, warriors valkyr, druids various beasts, and so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    They're all armor pieces, though (with rings being very common), not exactly something you can target thematically like that.
    To be honest knowing blizz end game progression players will be walking around deing legendaries they have more then one of while the rest of the player base just gets them slowly. They are not designed to be that rare from the looks of things.

It doesn't really matter how rare they are. Even if they're as rare as random drop epics are today, and they can't be targeted by players, they're sufficiently powerful that everybody will farm for them anyway. There's just way too much juice.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Basically: you play as usual, if it drops then "congrats!"

I feel for all of you who intend to actually farm them...
    I feel for all the people like me.........who have horrible luck with drops. I had 3 toons to 100 before I got a lock box.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Closest I could find was:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...re-concerning/

Doesn't specify raid bosses, but does say "anywhere" - so if raids count as part of anywhere, then yeah higher difficulty raid bosses would have a higher chance.
    The current term "world drop" (from Vanilla till WOD) means a BoE (rarely BoP) item that can drop from ANY relevant lvl creature (you cant get a lvl 60 World Drop from lvl 5 spiders, for example) in the open World AND instance trash. World Drops NEVER dropped from bosses, unless they were contained in their loot table (See Ragnaros and Nefarian in MC/BWL). I don't know if the same rules will apply to Legion or on those Legendaries, but wanted to clarify what counts as World Drop today.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Well, they are basically the old vanilla random epics. There are only two differences:

Afaik they are BoP instead of BoE. So you have to find them yourself instead of buying them from the AH. Also, they are orange instead of purple.
    Did happen to me at the start of vanilla , doing a quest with a random person and an Epic dropped! We were so amazed, we both rolled and sadly he won the roll. Still it was so awesome that one dropped i told everyone about it.
    Last edited by shade3891; 2016-04-30 at 08:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Some guild will probably require that you have X amount of legendaries. I still think this is a really bad idea.
    And then it's up to you if you want to be in a guild like that or not. For example, If they're rank 200+ and demand you to have 3 legendaries the choice is easy amarite? Just like tryhard rank 100+ guilds that require you to have 2+ alts. 5+ geared alts are possible but yet most guilds don't ask for that. Just like most guilds don't require you to have 2 gear sets with different gem layouts for certain bosses, even tho that's true min maxing.