Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Game of Thrones should be banned
    Jon Snow does look dodgy too

Women tied up is not a good look

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Are we in a mugging culture too? Since if I walked down a dark alley and was mugged I would be told I should have expected that.
    You knew the risks when you chose to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    A lot of women are fighting it because it's real. Just go to most university campuses and you will realize this.
    What percent of women?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    What percent of women?
    Why does the percentage matter exactly?

Why does the percentage matter exactly?
    Because, if its 1% of women then thats negligible. How many women?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because, if its 1% of women then thats negligible. How many women?
    How can anyone know what percentage. It's obviously a significant number otherwise this wouldn't be such a prominent issue.

How can anyone know what percentage. It's obviously a significant number otherwise this wouldn't be such a prominent issue.
    Are you sure? Citation needed.

Are you sure? Citation needed.
    Tennisace needs no citations, he operates only on unfiltered bullshit. It's only other people that need to prove that there are people still believing in flat Earth and the like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    I don't know what this rape culture means. Is there any culture that accepts rape?
    The only one that I know of is Muslims/Islamic culture currently. In the past there was the use of rape by other people/religions to breed out other people. But currently it's only done by Islamic/Muslim people and of course in Africa who I believe are also fallowing the Islamic faith.

On the topic of the GoT, you've got to remember it wasn't too long ago that people felt seeing a dog give birth on TV (Lassie) was too explicit.

- - - Updated - - -

The issue is that people/women like to turn something that is a fantasy/fiction into reality WHICH IMO takes away from the REAL issues facing people and women in general.

The rape scene that closed out this week’s episode of Game of Thrones is probably only the third worst act of sexual violence against a major female character we’ve seen in the series.
    The wave of revulsion it’s kicked off is at least in part because Game of Thrones has now unambiguously become the kind of show for which it’s necessary to maintain a critical ranking of acts of sexual violence against major female characters.
    But it’s not as though we weren’t warned – and by “we”, I mean viewers like me who’ve fastidiously hoarded the benefit of the doubt while the programme recklessly mixed grisly violations with the tits-out titillation that is the USP of cable television.

http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/...s-game-thrones
    I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    We didn't have ''rape culture'' in the west until we started importing it from the middle east and other shitty countries.

And How is game of Thrones promoting it? I don't think rape has ever been portrayed in a positive light in the show

why not also "Game of Thrones’ Accused of Promoting Murder Culture".
    They only focus on rape. Seems pretty dishonest and selfish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    The rape scene that closed out this week’s episode of Game of Thrones is probably only the third worst act of sexual violence against a major female character we’ve seen in the series.
    The wave of revulsion it’s kicked off is at least in part because Game of Thrones has now unambiguously become the kind of show for which it’s necessary to maintain a critical ranking of acts of sexual violence against major female characters.
    But it’s not as though we weren’t warned – and by “we”, I mean viewers like me who’ve fastidiously hoarded the benefit of the doubt while the programme recklessly mixed grisly violations with the tits-out titillation that is the USP of cable television.

Which rape scene this week? Mel turning out to be an old hag?

Deleted
    They also burned (sacrificed) a child alive.

Should we start a protest so people wont sacrifice their children in the name of the lord of the light?
    Also they threw spears at a dragon!

And and......

10+ Year Old Account
    Game of Thrones depicts a medieval type of fantasy world. In medieval times people were beheaded, poisoned, burned alive and indeed raped. It would be ridiculous if you would show the former three but not the last one.
    Didn;t hear PETA complaining about cutting a horse in two. Maybe because they now this is goddamn fiction.

Deleted
    "Rape culture" I never think I'd ever see a feminist in the wild..

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post

There was no rape scene in GoT this week..... care to elaborate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    God i wish those guys would read berserk. I think most of them would drink bleach after that display of reipu kultur.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    There was no rape scene in GoT this week..... care to elaborate?
    The viewers did......

I mean almost a year of being uncertain of Snow's fate and all we get is a confirmation he's still dead....

Deleted
    Never really understood the appeal of this show, it looks pretty ugly. Seems like the sort of thing that would appeal to 14-year olds who go on about how "savage" or "dark" something is. I've seen enough actual horror to avoid getting off on it viscerally from a TV show.