Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    "They kick someone out for looking like a man, but they want to force Trans men (who absolutely look like cis men) into the women's room." #NC-logic
    The logic is amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Common sense is wearing the clothes you feel most comfortable wearing.
    That's not how the world works. I'm sure naturalists are comfortable wearing nothing but we don't tolerate that do we.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    How small must government get? Small enough to be in your bed room (to see if you are gay!), your womb (if you have one), and now, small enough to fit in your pants (disregarding the TSA)

- - - Updated - - -

Thats nice for your country. Not the law here.
    So in California it just takes a form and a $23 dollar fee to get the gender marker on your birth certificate changed. So what if it was a "man" with a woman's driver's license?

Would they have kicked her out still if the ID was out of state, if not what good does that do? What if they knew it was a man, but he was able to provide his woman's ID? Using that as a basis they'd have to let him stay.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    That's not how the world works. I'm sure naturalists are comfortable wearing nothing but we don't tolerate that do we.
    So should we institute cosmetic standards and uniforms then? Like only skirts for woman, and no pants allowed. No earrings for men. Nose rings and tongue rings might be wearable by both so better just ban them all together? Men must have beards and women have to shave every day. What if they've legally changed their gender, as long as they adhere to said gender uniforms they'd be fine?
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-04-28 at 01:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    So in California it just takes a form and a $23 dollar fee to get the gender marker on your birth certificate changed. So what if it was a "man" with a woman's driver's license?

Would they have kicked her out still if the ID was out of state, if not what good does that do? What if they knew it was a man, but he was able to provide his woman's ID? Using that as a basis they'd have to let him stay.....
    Welcome to the catch 22 of the entire issue. You either give zero fooks, like me, or you care too much and all this crazy happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Don't be so sure. Yes, she is a female in a women's restroom, but she deliberately disobeyed a police officer's orders.
    What country do you live in that your police officers have the authority to issue random orders to whomever they like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, who "we"? I do tolerate that. I don't know why nudity is such a big deal for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

"They kick someone out for looking like a man, but they want to force Trans men (who absolutely look like cis men) into the women's room." #NC-logic
    I had to read up on this. So apparently... CIS means you identify with your birth gender and behave accordingly, and this gives you natural privileges compared to someone who is trans. So wait. I am normal, behave normally and because of this, I should feel bad about myself for all the privileges I have compared to people who act like weirdos and perverts by their own choice.

FUCK LOGIC. From which planet do these people come from?
    Last edited by Raqubor; 2016-04-28 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    You do need ID in public in the states. Not sure what society you live in.
    Are you sure? Last time I checked not every citizen in the states had one to begin with...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    I had to read up on this. So apparently... CIS means you identify with your birth gender and behave accordingly, and this gives you natural privileges compared to someone who is trans. So wait. I am normal, behave normally and because of this, I should feel bad about myself for all the privileges I have compared to people who act like weirdos and perverts by their own choice.

What privileges are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Cis only means you identify with your birth gender, nothing other than that. The rest of what you found was someone going on a rant and being an asshole.

Uh what?

Deleted
    and because of this, I should feel bad about myself for all the privileges I have compared to people who act like weirdos and perverts by their own choice.
    What are you even talking about? Who here said anything about feeling bad?

I'm really curious how this hasn't turned into a white knight thing in NC. Women generally don't give a shit, but men keep saying they need to protect us from the evil men. Can dudes stop being dicks to each other and let everyone pee already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post

So should we institute cosmetic standards and uniforms then? Like only skirts for woman, and no pants allowed. No earrings for men. Nose rings and tongue rings might be wearable by both so better just ban them all together? Men must have beards and women have to shave every day. What if they've legally changed their gender, as long as they adhere to said gender uniforms they'd be fine?
    We shouldn't force men to have beards. It should be a choice.
    Same with skirts. It should be a choice.

What do you mean legally change their gender? How does that work exactly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I'm really curious how this hasn't turned into a white knight thing in NC. Women generally don't give a shit, but men keep saying they need to protect us from the evil men.
    (Republican) men clearly know best what's best for women.
    It's always fun if the group who you think you need to protect on average cares a lot less about the issue you want them to potect from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, who "we"? I do tolerate that. I don't know why nudity is such a big deal for others.
    Well most people don't unless you want to dispute that. There is an expectation that people dress decently.

We shouldn't force men to have beards. It should be a choice.
    Same with skirts. It should be a choice.

What do you mean legally change their gender? How does that work exactly?
    That person probably forgot to mention the need for a letter saying you had gender reassignment surgery. That is fairly common around the states, but in California I can't say for certain.

- - - Updated - - -

It's always fun if the group who you think you need to protect on average cares a lot less about the issue you want them to potect from.
    Well, they did create a really nice boogeyman for older people to be scared of, I will give them that.

Even funnier when their idea of protecting us from men, and keeping men away from us is flooding the female bathrooms with men. Just uh...Great...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The absurdity of asking someone for ID to use the bathroom based on one's subjective conception of gender identifiers is beyond reason.

He shouldn't have asked, should have left her alone and instead listened to the other females in the restroom whom collectively were shouting; she's a girl!
    If for example, the a female that really looks like a male, goes into a locker room with other females, and they get disturbed and call the cops, and upon arriving, the cops ask to see ID, would you also consider this wrong? My train of thought here is that the cop is going to be criticized either way, if he does nothing, some will be upset, but if he tries to alleviate the situation, some will still be upset. By asking for the ID, he at least gave the person a chance to prove that they were telling the truth.

But usually there is, at least, some reasoning behind it. Like, with raped college girls, there, at least, is an explanation on why people should fear it (as ludicrous as it is). Here, I do not see any possible explanation at all. How can someone be a pervert in a bathroom with isolated cabins?
    I guess I could go with less loaded examples. Take the sound advise of not taking candy from strangers at school (even though I've never seen this ubiquitous man putting drugs in your candy in an elaborate scheme to have children addicted to coke).

I'm not the one to give credit to these fears, so you may need to ask them what agitates them exactly. In any case, I think we can easily sympathize to some extent if we've been in some unwelcomed situation in a restroom. At the end of the day, the core fear is not that trans (or otherwise non-conforming) folks may be pervs, but that easing on the mores could potentially facilitate predators an easier access to their victims: it's relaxing our collective awareness of who looks a bit strange.
    I'm not sure that such acceptance of the strange could make predators more dangerous (I doubt it), but the fear -no mater how irrational- is just as genuine, which is what I was getting at.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2016-04-28 at 01:57 PM.